Suit/Power tips

Forrest

Does anyone have any good suggestions on combinations of suits & powers for the hardest difficulty (is it 'extreme'?) playthrough.

I tried it once & got utterly pwned if i recall, but i haven't really been paying attention to what suits & powers i have equipped & what they can do for me.

Guidance would be appreciated if someone is willing to provide. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Since the game requires 2 playthroughs.

Playthrough1 should be easy and collect all upgrades and suits.

Playthrough2 should be on hardest difficulty. So, after playing the game once and have all upgrades, you won't have any issues at all.

I really never paid attention to suits at all, except for the trophy that you need to put a full suit on, and I just used the suit that will let me glide so I can walk faster.

platinumed the game in 16 hours.

Well sir, i thank you for your response (seeing as you are the only one to actually respond!). ;)

My first playthrough was on easy & i collected what i could, but am not sure if i missed some things due to taking the 'X-men only' path (for the associated trophies) - So truth is, i actually have no idea what i do or don't have or if i even collected everything i should have!

I was just going to compare what was suggested against what i have & do the best i could with it.

I heard about a glitch/workaround where you could just start the final mission on hardest & beat it, which would give you the relevant trophy (& you could therefore do the 'Brotherhood only' playthrough on easy too), but it may be better just to go through the whole thing on hard anyway to make sure i have all of the relevant upgrades & whatnot.

Did you come across anything particularly taxing on your hardest playthrough? :think:

Here's what I used on my Hard playthrough:

Offensive: Wolverine - Upgrade it to Level 3 and all of your attacks get a nice damage boost.

Defensive: Wolverine - Gives you health regeneration which is really helpful. You can just wait in a quiet area for your health to come back.

Utility: Psylocke - You get more M-Power for each enemy you damage/kill, which means you'll get to use your mutant abilities a lot more often.

Suit: Anything. I did consider switching my Utility to Wolverine as well so I'd be able to use X Mode, but to be honest, it wasn't that great when I tried it. Your attacks are quicker and you get faster health regeneration, but it's not really enough to offset the damage you'll be taking in big fights.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Giga Beam (Energy Projection path) is an absolute beast of a power. Upgrade it, and it absolutely decimates everything (including bosses.) Plus, you're invincible whilst using it, so you can stand in front of enemies and unleash hell on them without having to worry about taking damage. To give you an idea how powerful it is, here's what it can do against bosses if you connect the full shot to them:

[spoiler=bosses]Cameron Battlesuits: Completely removes shield and takes away 33% health, which triggers the next cutscene.

Gambit: Same as Cameron.

John Sublime: Not so great against the first two forms because he moves around too much, but you can instantly kill the final form when on top of the tower.

Juggernaut/Magneto: Takes about 50% of Juggernaut's health and 90% of Magneto's.

Sentinel: Takes around 40% of his health per shot.

Bastion: Use it after you dodge the slam attack that targets you, and you'll instantly wipe out his shield and health, triggering the next cutscene.

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

Ah, awesome - That's actually really helpful! Thanking you muchly.:applause:

I seem to recall the colossus suit being quite effective on repelling damage, but i might be mistaken. As you mention 'Anything' for the suit though, if what i recall is correct then that may be a good choice.

I think i'm going to have to start using my mutant powers more often though, as i seem to recall playing the first playthrough pretty much as a brawler! :rolleyes:

Edited by Forrest

Ah, awesome - That's actually really helpful! Thanking you muchly.:applause:

I seem to recall the colossus suit being quite effective on repelling damage, but i might be mistaken. As you mention 'Anything' for the suit though, if what i recall is correct then that may be a good choice.

I think i'm going to have to start using my mutant powers more often though, as i seem to recall playing the first playthrough pretty much as a brawler! :rolleyes:

Lol, yeh the mutant powers are really useful and are great for crowd control. I went down the Energy Projection route and chose Meteor Dive, ??? (I forget the name, absorbs damage and shocks enemies,) Giga Beam and the Ultra Power.

The suit abilities only come into effect if you have the same character gene equipped in the other slots, which will allow you to trigger X-Mode. Seeing as I didn't really use it, I just went with the suit that I thought looked the best.

Also, I forgot to mention before. The Psylocke Utility is good, but as soon as you get the Magneto one, switch to that and upgrade it to Level 3. It'll give you more M-Power for damaging/killing enemies like Psylocke does, but it'll also give you two extra bars.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

Ah ok, so if the suit is nothing more than an aesthetic choice, i don't think i'll spend too much time pondering over that one! :D

The annoying thing is that when you first get your power choices, it doesn't tell you what the power does - I think it gave you the choice of offence, defence, or something else & i think i stupidly chose the offensive route.

Now i just have a few rocks that i can throw at people that explode! I have a couple of other powers of course (from going through the game once), but i don't really recall those being much good either! :(

Oh well, maybe it's worth a third playthrough then just to get some decent powers on my brotherhood run! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...