Here's how to glitch X-treme difficulty- spoiler free

Solid_Fantasy

I will admit glitches like these are good and bad sometimes. The good is that I don't have to play the game more than twice for the 2 factions. It is kind of funny that many gamers figure out these quick glitches on the first few days of release (hats off to ya). I will admit that even on xtreme the game is cake and I don't mind adding a platinum to my record without too much work. Look on the brightside, its not the type of glitch that ruins your game or data of some sort. Lets just enjoy it if it works!

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/371/X2AStrikeFreedom.png

"5: Load up last level (just the final boss, don't get worried)"

when i load up final showdown, its even before the sentinel...is this correct?

edit-nevermind...i am realizing i must suck...everyone keeps saying how easy it is on x-treme...i keep dieing on bastion.

Edited by guardian03

when ur doing the glitch you will fight from the beginning of the last level. So you will need to fight the sentinel then Bastion.

Strategy for Bastion: I used Aimi on xtreme with the shadow blade powers. Bastion has 3 different attack patterns. You may have to be very aggressive at some points especially when his shield is down.

1st Full Health: He will teleport around and will always fire an optic blast which takes 2 sec to charge enough time to dodge if camera angle doesn't screw you up. Then he will use Psylockes ability (3 clones with energy blades that fade in & out) - dodge all 3 - stay away from it cause it has a long reach. At this point he will stand in a corner for around 5-6 sec this is the time to strike. Get his shield down & attack him. He may summon a 3 soldiers but with the Shadow blade power you can get a life leech ability which will allow good healing. Continue this path.

2nd Phase Health around 50-60% - Same as before, optic blast then teleport. However he will use Avalanches power in which a rock slide occurs on the ground. If you catch him in the right corner and go right up to him you can just jump around near him and the attack will completely miss. Now he may switch to the Psylocke power sometimes with Avalanche just dodge those and repeat part 1. Soldiers will appear to distract you and thats usually the time you get hit. There will be a stall time after he uses the power enough to get a few shots but don't get pushy if the Avalanche power hits from intial launch, it will hurt.

3rd Phase: 20-30% health - this gets tricky because he can now switch powers between Psylocke & Avalanche and he will have Magma's molten armor. This is the time to get aggressive the quicker you get his shield out the better. Patterns are similar.

It took me like 2 tries to get use to it but after that its easy. Just remember he stalls in one corner for a few sec, thats the time to attack. Hope this helps.

"5: Load up last level (just the final boss, don't get worried)"

when i load up final showdown, its even before the sentinel...is this correct?

edit-nevermind...i am realizing i must suck...everyone keeps saying how easy it is on x-treme...i keep dieing on bastion.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I've been playing games for years and this hard play has kicked my ass.

Vipers ideas sound good. I'm going to try those but I'm working on collectibles now.

Welcome to the site.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I've been playing games for years and this hard play has kicked my ass.

Vipers ideas sound good. I'm going to try those but I'm working on collectibles now.

Welcome to the site.

thank you guys. i finally did it and no pop...i don't know why but my game has been riddled with glitchyness. sometimes it will go to the main menu in the middle of battle lol then when i continue..its a savepoint back or two. since the exploit didn't work for me, i have to start a second playthrough...the only thing that concerns me is that now that i have tried the exploit, and went back to the newgame + my continue is on easy?..i know i didnt switch it...and there is no way to get back to the new game + difficulty screen to pick hard.. what i had to do was chapter select the first level..change the diff...and let it save then restart the level via chapter select again...it started on hard but it still worries me.

Thanks for the post. Used it and beat it.

did the exploit work for you?

i am thinkn i am going to start it again on easy on a new save if so...becuz i donno why it didnt work for me but it seems to be working for everyone else. i would rather play it again on easy and take my chances on the exploit.

if indeed the exploit worked for you, would you mind telling me what you did a lil more specific?

thank you in advance

i played it the first time thru on easy sideing with x-men the whole way and after i beat it i new game plused and set it to x-tream and just mission selected around to all the part's i was missing like the beat on x-tream and such. once i got all that outa the way i redroped it back down to easy and played untill jugg's going brotherhood the whole way to get my last challange and plat.

THE GLITCH WORKS, now for bastion one easy way to defeat him is having the obsidian titan ability [from melee characther], the wolverine's defense gene and a offensive gene that makes more damage and here is how i defeated him in the first try and very quick:

1-upgrade obsidian titan to max

2- try to defeat the Sentinal with full M-Power Bar

3-when against Bastion just keep attacking him and ignore the other enemies unless they bother you too much,when you're about to die use the obsidian titan ability; in titan mode you won't take damage and with the wolverine defensive gene your health will start to recover so even if you dont manage to deafeat him [and you should], he will be almost done and you will have more health to deal with him.

P.S: i finished the whole mission with colossus's offensive gene, wolverine's defensive gene and cyclops utility gene

Edited by kenjikazama

• 2 weeks later...

it might work but its not glitch free lol, since i tried it ive had all sorts happening.

got to bastion and i beat his first section, and the game glitched and put me back to the start of him. then i used the shadow power and when it ran out there were bits of shadow remaining on screen and all words that came up usually above his head, were in the middle of the screen.

then he killed me and the screen went blank, but i could still hear my button presses connecting, then it went to the load screen and didnt load up, so i had to quit.

i cant be arsed with the sentinel and bastion on this level, its so much harder than easy. i beat bastion first go on easy.

plus it seems even though my 2nd playthrough faction level is back at zero, i cant get mystique in mission 3 to let me do the challenge, so ill have to go through game properly it seems.

i think ill send it back, was just a rental - i was going for 3 plats over the weekend, but i will leave it for now, maybe buy it when its cheap and do it on hard and get the last few trophies. 70% does me for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...