Very disappointed

RinceJester

I think this might have finally moved Mechwarrior 4 from my number one, most disappointing game. Bad controls, having fighting the camera, horrible graphics, and pointless choices.

The worst part about this game is that the game feels like a combination of Ultimate alliance 2 and dynasty warriors. Also screw the final boss and the avalanche power on hard, the bad camera helped me dash into a few times

I wish it was more freedom like an open world X-Men Universe type of game. But it's linear gameplay and all the choice of destiny are actually somewhat the same. I beaten the game with two different mutants and select all their powers even the ones you had to replay to try out. I haven't played as the college student but I sure he's the same.

As for the dlc add-on content that they have on the back of the box. I'm wondering if there will be any dlc trophies with this game. I really doubt it since it's activision. Activision titles really don't get dlc trophies.

This game was definitely disappointing, since the idea of being able to shape your very own mutant RPG style sounded great on paper. This however, is by no means the worst game ever. More polishing, and this game would've been great.

This game reminds me of a closed world infamous. Not near the game and sure would also enjoy the open world as mentioned previously.

Not so much the world, but the fact that one of the characters pretty much resembles Cole, and the fact tat you can give him electric powers. That was pretty funny :D.

I'm about 4 to 5 trophies away from my platinum and their just beating up enemies from only 7 hrs of gameplay. I agree the game is not very good for gamer standards. I wouldn't even put it however in the same category as in Ult Alliance or Dynasty Warriors Gundam (these were at least better for fans anyway). Silicone Knights haven't done anything big for quite sometime. For those who bought it, I would return it you will beat it in one day...rent only...

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/371/X2AStrikeFreedom.png

Im a huge fan of Xmen but this game just screams Horrible. Im glad I canceled my preorder ages ago. The only awesome XMEN games were Xmen Wolverine, XMEN Legends and Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2. Its quite a shame that SN actually made this game. After the failure that was Too Human I would never buy anougher game made my them.

I wouldn't even put it however in the same category as in Ult Alliance or Dynasty Warriors Gundam (these were at least better for fans anyway).

I wasn't saying that they are as good as them. I was saying that's what playing it was like. The style of UA2 and the feeling of the DW in that you use the main combo mainly over and over again I found.

Also I completely agree that X-men is no where near as good as either.

This game is hilariously awful, like, it's pretty close to being Damnation-level hilariously awful; and that actually makes it a step up from Silicon Knights previous game which was just painfully awful...(And, by the way, SK is getting tax dollars for this stuff! Just puttin' that out there...)

The whole game feels soooo a decade ago, but with weirdly mangled attempts at appealing to a hip, young audience - it's like they've played or at least looked at a few of the "next-gen" games that all the kids these days are all crazy about and then asked themselves "how can we make this feel as anachronistic and mechanically broken as humanly possible" - the level design, in particular, feels soooo the year 2000...Anyways, I'm glad I got a chance to play it - they don't often come as straight-up laugh-out-loud terrible as this one...

And on a related note: what's with all the trophy guides for this game? If ever there was a game that was just begging for three competing trophy guides it was this one...

I enjoyed the game but it was still a HUGE disappointment. Mainly because playing it, all I could think of was how much potential the game had. Ignoring stuff like the graphics (which were pretty crappy but a minimal issue imo), the story was way too short, there were very few choices and they had little to no impact on the actual game, but probably my biggest issue: power and X-gene customization was way too limited. There were pretty few X-Genes to choose from (they left out SO many popular characters for who knows why) and they all pretty much did the same thing.

Like I said, I think the game is still worth playing but all I'll be thinking about is the game that could have been :(

• 2 weeks later...

I try not to pay much attention to reviews but I really wish I had with this one. What a pile of turd! I actually enjoyed terminator salvation more than this! Maybe it's because I just finished playing spiderman edge of time and have just started playing arkham city but this game is awful! I knew it wasn't gonna be great but I didn't expect it to be this bad!

It honestly looks like a hd remake of a ps2 game.

Such a shame it could have been great.

I didn't think it was too bad, but not too great either. I thought it was decent enough and a fun way to pass the time. However, saying that, I do agree that it could've expanded the X-Men universe a lot better. Where was Storm? Where was Jean? It was still the same storyline, despite what side you took. Different missions though, but still annoying.

I only played as Aimi and Grant, never played as the other guy since I'd platinumed it very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...