Get "Master Of Magnet" trophy motherfreakin' quick

claytonhorning

If you've been trying to get the Master Of Magnet trophy, and it hasn't worked for you, try this...

1.) Delete your save file

2.) Create a game via Play ONLINE, Normal difficulty, japanese rom, 6 players, city level#1

3.) Choose Cyclops

4.) Play all the way through the game

5.) Wait for credits to roll, then you get kicked back to the create a game screen.

6.) Start another game with same settings as described in #2 but with another character. If you look, you will notice the game automatically selects "level 8 magneto fight" as the stage, that's right, all you have to do is...

7.) KILL MAGNETO WITH THE OTHER 5 CHARACTERS. That's right, you just have to kill him 5 more times, not play through the whole game. The entire fight should last you all of 3 minutes.

30min for cyclops game, 5x5 minutes for magneto fights + credits = 1 hour, if that, for the gold trophy. I just got my 100%!

http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/claytonhorning.png

Click on my gamertag to see my trophies

Edited by claytonhorning

I don't know what to do. I have beaten the game through with all of the characters from start to finish and still no trophy. I tried everything everyone has suggested. That's the only trophy I need. :( Any other suggestions?

Delete your save file. Play through the game completely with Cyclops. Then just skip to the Magneto fight with your five other characters and see if that works. Try to do it all in one sitting. So don't turn the game off etc. Shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes.

I would just keep trying. Its very random.

Edited by Tuffinz

I just used the trick where you get magneto down to where he's flashing and then hold the ps button and change controller ports then joined the game. Kept doing that until I had a full 6 characters in the game and then beat him with my first character and it gave it to me. But I also tried every other way outside of this one before hand. Got my 100% either way so thats all that matters to me.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just used the trick where you get magneto down to where he's flashing and then hold the ps button and change controller ports then joined the game. Kept doing that until I had a full 6 characters in the game and then beat him with my first character and it gave it to me. But I also tried every other way outside of this one before hand. Got my 100% either way so thats all that matters to me.

I thought that would work, but already had the trophy by then. My Friend and I beat it 3 times in a row, each time using a different character. In total it took about an hour and ten minutes to 100% the game and I never even played it once online. :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...