X-Men Arcade - Trophy Guide and Roadmap

Tuffinz

16049768902_7181b27359_o.png

Credit to Ryukori for the banner

-Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 1/10

-Offline (Breakdown): 12 (7 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))   

-Online (Breakdown): All of the trophies can be obtained online however it is not a necessity as they all can also be obtained locally by reassigning controllers or having multiple controllers.

-Approximate Amount Of Time To 100%: 2.5-3 hours

-Minimum Number Of Playthroughs Needed: 6 (possibly only 1-2 with method under Master Of Magnet)

-Number Of Missable Trophies: none

-Glitched Trophies: Yes - You Fell to Our Trap! and Master of Magnet

-Does Difficulty Affect Trophies?: Yes, one expert mode playthrough

-Do Cheat Codes Disable Trophies?: No cheats

Road Map

The 1992 Arcade classic is back! Only this time you won't waste all of your lunch money popping quarter after quarter to kill off Magneto. The game features all the original dialogue (Welcome to Die!!!) and original characters. Wolverine, Cyclops, Dazzler, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus are back and ready to take on Magneto, Mystique and their legion of evil mutants. First off the game is extremely simple due to the infinite continues; not to mention even Expert Mode isn't nearly as hard as everyone remembers the arcade being. You can die as much as you want and still continue on. Each playthrough will last you approximately 30 minutes, if not less.

Controls:

:triangle: - mutant power

:square: - attack

:cross: - jump

:ls: - move character

Step 1: Expert Playthrough

During this first playthrough you’ll want to focus on a few trophies. Make sure to create a match using the Japanese version of the game to collect energy pills. It will give you the option to choose the US or Japanese version. Note that the energy pills won't show up if you're playing solo. During the first boss battle don’t use mutant powers on Pyro. During the fourth level don’t press :cross: so you don’t jump. After that simply finish the game and by the time you’re done you should have the following trophies: Xavier Would Be Proud, Turn Pyro To Toast, Kidnapped, Super Mutant, Grounded, Welcome to Die, Score Inflation and X-pertise.

Step 2: Speed Run

First of all use a different character on this run to work towards the Master of Magnet gold. You'll want to do this on normal mode and to make it even easier find a boosting partner to assist you. Just push forward as much as you can as soon as you can and spam :triangle:. Remember that it's helpful to die as it replenishes your mutant powers and you have infinite continues. At the end of this playthrough you should have the Bamf trophy.

Step 3: 4 More Playthroughs and Online or Local

For the last 4 playthroughs simply finish them with the last four characters. You'll want to play a 6-player game at some point for the Largest Party and You Fell to Our Trap! trophies. The boosting thread is a good place to find other players. It's hard to keep 6 randoms in the game long enough for the You Fell to Our Trap! trophy because it's on the 6th level and most people quit by then. Other than that just finish the game and defeat Magneto with the characters you haven't used for the Master of Magnet trophy.

You can also use multiple controllers locally to obtain the online trophies. (Credit: Andrew52286, slickdan & FallenPunisher) For example you could have 3 players with 2 controllers each to work towards the trophies. It just requires extra coordination.

Or if you don't have extra controllers you can reassign your player 1 controller to get the extra 5 characters in game. See You Fell to Our Trap for more information.

Note: You Fell to Our Trap! is glitching for a lot of people. Please reference the trophy guide for more information and various tips on getting this trophy.

Edited by Viper
Replaced missing banner.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

01.jpg Xavier Would Be Proud! (B)

Use a mutant power 5 times in one game.

Simply press :triangle: to use your mutant powers. You're only given 3 to start with but they replenish when you die so you'll get this trophy in the first level.

02.jpg Turn Pyro to Toast (B)

Defeat Pyro without any player using mutant powers.

Pyro is the very first boss that you encounter at the end of Stage 1: City. During your fight with him don't push the :triangle: button at all during the fight. It won't be difficult, just repetitively attack him with :square: and hit him while he's down. He dies very easily. He'll appear out of the wall once you hit the end of the level. Make sure not to press :triangle: once you hit this end wall. If you're hitting :triangle: to kill other enemies as Pyro is spawning the trophy won't register.

03.jpg Kidnapped (B)

Learn that Magneto has kidnapped Professor X.

This trophy is story related.

Pops right after the cutscene showing the Professor being kidnapped at the end of Stage 2: Factory.

04.jpg Super Mutant (B)

Find and use an energy pill in the Japanese version of the game.

Play the Japanese version of the game and pick up an energy pill when you see one by pressing :square:. To play the Japanese version of the game you can create a match and choose between the US version and Japanese version. The energy pills DO NOT show up if you're playing Solo. Additionally, more energy pills appear in normal mode.

An energy pills looks like the pill in the trophy tile: 04.jpg 

When it falls it will say "energy pill" above it and it will disappear after a while if it isn't picked up immediately.

05.jpg Largest Party (B)

Play in a 6-player match with five other people.

Simply start a game with 6-players. The trophy pops immediately once the game starts.

See You Fell to Our Trap for more information regarding getting 6 players in the game.

06.jpg Grounded (B)

Complete Level 4 without jumping.

During the fourth level never press :cross:. You never need to jump so this trophy is very easy.

07.jpg Welcome to Die! (B)

Have the White Queen welcome you to die.

This trophy is story related.

Will pop right after the White Queen welcomes you to... die. You'll encounter the White Queen towards the middle of Stage 5: Cave Exterior.

08.jpg You Fell to Our Trap! (S)

Get fooled by Mystique with five other players in a 6-player game.

You'll need 6 other players for this trophy. Find a boosting partner in the boost thread Here. It will pop immediately after the 5th level when Mystique says "You Fell to Our Trap" and you fall through the ground.

You can also use multiple controllers locally to obtain this trophy. For example you could have 3 players with 2 controllers each to work towards the trophy. It just requires extra coordination.

Additionally, you can reassign controllers to get 6 characters in game at once locally. See the following tips for details on all of these methods.

Credit to The Fallen Angel for this tip:

You have to start from the very 1st level up until Mystique to get the trophy. We couldn't get it by just playing The Trap level. For some reason the host never gets trophies. We tried 3-4 different people as host and they never earned any trophies, while others got them.

Credit to MightyMouseCRIP and Caudill for this tip:

Reassign your controller until you got all 6 x-men on the screen before the final hit on Juggernaut and after the cutscene with Mystique the trophy will unlock. Make sure you play on normal though, so when you're adding all the other x-men into the game to make it 6-player they start with 3 lives each. This will make sure that everyone stays alive before you switch back to your original character for the kill.

Reassign your controller by holding down the :ps: button and selecting the "controller settings" option. Change the controller to #2 and then enter the character into the game by pressing :cross: twice. Repeat this 4 more times (choosing 3, 4, 5 and 6). Once you're done entering in all 6 go back and reassign your controller to #1.

With this method you should kill Juggernaut and once the cutscene with Mystique happens and you begin to fall the trophy should pop.

Credit to ptkush for this tip:

Start a new game (on chapter 1) with any character (I chose Storm). Play SOLO until you get to the giant head popping up behind the cliff in chapter 5. Finish off every enemy that spawns in that area. Then before moving forward to bring the boss battle onto the screen, do the controller reassignment trick to bring in 5 more players for a total of 6 players, then switch back to player 1. Win the boss battle in the next scene while making sure that if anyone dies, you switch to that controller and press X to continue, then switch back to player 1 and continue killing the boss. After the boss is dead, you get to the cutscene and drop through the ground. Viola! Trophy unlocked!

09.jpg Score Inflation (S)

Earn at least 250 points in one game.

This is practically unmissable. You will get well over 250 points by the end of the game. You earn 1 point per kill. This applies to regular enemies and bosses. It's slightly more difficult to get this trophy when you're playing with others as there are less enemy points to go around. If you're playing solo you'll get it by Stage 4 or 5.

10.jpg Bamf (S)

Complete the game in 25 minutes or less.

It is helpful to have a group to do this trophy. I did it with one partner. Make sure to continuously push through as fast as possible. Spam your mutant powers with the :triangle: button. Remember that dying is your friend. You have unlimited continues and once you die your mutant power is restored so die as much as you want.

11.jpg X-pertise (S)

Complete the game on Expert difficulty.

Expert difficulty is available immediately. You don't have to play on a lower difficulty to unlock it. It's very easy. You have unlimited continues and it's honestly not that much more difficult than normal. Spam your mutant powers with :triangle: and die often so you can continue and replenish it.

12.jpg Master of Magnet (G)

Defeat Magneto in different play sessions with all six X-Men characters

Simply play through the game using all 6 characters. The trophy will pop once you kill Magneto with your sixth and final character.

You can skip ahead and simply play the Magneto boss battle with 6 different characters and this trophy will pop. The game isn't long even with the 6 playthroughs so this may not be necessary.

This trophy was also a bit glitchy for me as I had to beat Magneto 4 times in total with my final character before the trophy popped.

Tip (Credit KingBroly😞

Playthrough the game completely with Cyclops. It would appear that people who are attempting to skip to the Magneto fight aren't getting the trophy because the trophy won't register until Cyclops has gone through the whole game.

Alternative Method (Credit to Okami0426😞

Play on normal and get to Magneto at the very end. Do the reassign the controller trick and have all 6 players active when killing Magneto at the end and the trophy will pop. This was done offline; on normal; Japanese ROM.

Edited by Viper
Replaced the Energy Pill tile.

You Fell to Our Trap! is definitely glitched, I've played that part 4 times in 4 different games with the required 6 players and it doesn't pop.

Also, Welcome to Die!, Kidnapped and X-Pertise would not unlock for me either while I was playing online. They did however all pop no problem when I played single player. No idea why that happened.

Anyway, hopefully they release a patch or someone here finds a work around...stupid glitched trophies :mad:

You Fell to Our Trap! is definitely glitched, I've played that part 4 times in 4 different games with the required 6 players and it doesn't pop.

Also, Welcome to Die!, Kidnapped and X-Pertise would not unlock for me either while I was playing online. They did however all pop no problem when I played single player. No idea why that happened.

Anyway, hopefully they release a patch or someone here finds a work around...stupid glitched trophies :mad:

I got welcome to die and kidnapped but not x-pertise, I'm beginning to think it's supposed to unlock but something prevents it, bad lag maybe from the host?

Yeah its frustrating. The buddy I've played with all night has had zero issues and has 100%

I still can't get that damned Mutant Pill trophy for nothing. No pills won't show up for me. I have played on every single difficulty level and it won't show up. That trophy and the Mystique trophy are the only trophies I have left from 100%.

Are you playing the Japan version or the American? Only the Japan version has the pills, do a drop in game and you'll see dozens each level.