Tip for 10k kills

Eye Beams

Famous monster eliminator

Kill 10,000 monsters

By the end of your first play-through you should have around 5,000 monster kills. This trophy should be completed during the second play-through. If you don't have this trophy by the time you finish the Hall of Columns, the replay the Hall of Columns until you get the trophy. Otherwise you will have to start a new game to complete this trophy.

Needs correction. Kill count is integrated among all save slots.

After you complete Hall of Columns (HoC) on your first [Easy] playthrough (you'll have +5k kills), make a save and proceed to complete the game. Start Pro and play normally while collecting any missed trophies and racking up more kills. You should have around 8k total kills after HoC this time. You can now go back to your Easy save to finish up (or stay on Pro), BUT make sure to create another save or else you'll lose your auto-save from your Pro playthrough! You can reload this afterwards.

Or instead of HoC...

Jayour from XB360A has a noteworthy method that simplifies the grinding. I'll summarize:

Go to the beginning of "The Entrance to the Castle" (2 maps before HoC) and clear the first area. After that, Phantoms will spawn endlessly thanks to the 2 monster generators, which are out-of-view. You can now one-shot them with Lightning Range (a.k.a. Chain Lightning) until the trophy pops. Max regen helps.

Source

A quick recap with the recommended method:

1. Play your Easy playthrough normally up to "The Entrance to the Castle". Make a save when you enter.

2. Finish the game (don't forget your 50mil souls trophy), start Pro.

3. Play up to HoC, complete it, and go to the next level. Make another save. (you should have 1 auto-save and 2 manual saves now)

4. Load "Entrance" save. Execute Jayour method until ding.

5. Reload save from step #3.

Edited by Eye Beams

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I even found an easier method, read it somewhere trueach.com, i believe

You start out doing to same thing as describ here above, but you chance the grind methode:

Go to the beginning of "The Entrance to the Castle" (2 maps before HoC) and clear the first area. After that, destroy one of the generators. Then move to the next one, but still at the circle with pillars so the red barrier doesn't close you in. Then use lightning barrier or rapid fire to dispose of all phantoms swerving around you and start shooting at the generator. The phantoms will die as soon as they spawn. You get 1kill/second. You can even tape r1, and sit back. After a hour you have more than 3000 kills.

:D

• 10 months later...
Go to the beginning of "The Entrance to the Castle" (2 maps before HoC) and clear the first area. After that, destroy one of the generators. Then move to the next one, but still at the circle with pillars so the red barrier doesn't close you in. Then use lightning barrier or rapid fire to dispose of all phantoms swerving around you and start shooting at the generator. The phantoms will die as soon as they spawn. You get 1kill/second. You can even tape r1, and sit back. After a hour you have more than 3000 kills.

:D

Best method ever. Why? Because I'm lazy.

Thanks jonathan9

• 8 months later...

A method i found just now out of chance.

I only required the kill 10k mobs for my plat and so i started a new game on easy.

In the first area when you have to kill the mobs with earthquake to advance, DONT. instead input this cheat, on the d-pad. Up down left right down up down up.

Move into a corner and tape down r1 and just go sleep. I think this is like 5 kills a second.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm in Hall of Columns right now at the beginning, my second playthrough on Pro. I cleared out the Phantoms and went back to the entrance door but to where I can still see the staircase coming down. It is an infinite spawn of enemies coming down the staircase. R1 held down with a rubberband and just waiting for the trophy to pop before I finish this run through for the plat!

Hopefully it doesn't take too long....