Extremely easy "Flawless Victory" and "Can you ever touch me" TIP

StarFoxMania

OK, I fail to see why several guides online advise levels where to get these trophies would be painful and difficult. Did you know that the SINGLE enemy of the game that requires the "upgrade 3" gunshot is actually a boss? I was shocked to find this out last night on my own, especially since I had read the guides suggest doing this on the first appearance of that dreadful turtle-like boss at the "Stone Circle" Level. The enemy at "Underneath the hall" if I remember the level name correctly only needs 2 special gun shots on "easy' and 6 on "Pro" mode. Either way (2 or 6), it's ridiculously easy, because he will never chase you, so he can't hurt you, unless you're stupid enough to enter his room without taking care of him first from the narrow corridor where he clearly has no intention of entering, either cause he's too stupid or too fat, or just plain bored.

Anyway, you find him right after the level "Hall of Colums", so as soon as you beat and exit that level, SAVE MANUALLY to a slot you can easily remember, because in case you mess up, you will need to reload the game. Why? Well, unlike in most other levels where you can always come back and find your enemies again in the room, that dumb enemy that counts as a boss WILL NOT respawn, and your chances of getting the "Flawless victory" trophy the easy way, are totally fucked if you didn't save. Bottom line. Getting a gold while standing in one spot and never being threatened, while pressing square square R1, is a gift. The 2 square button presses should be away from each other (timing-wise), while the R1 press should be very close to the 2nd square press.

Now 5 more levels for the "can you ever touch me" trophy. It seems to me that no one mentions a really easy level to finish by not getting hurt. It's called "Dungeon". It's where the game will try to teach/train you on how to use the D-pad to select the different type of shots your guns have (wide shot, furious shot). It comes right after the "the long descend" level, so save when you exit this level as well. Even if the enemies do come back if you try to re-enter this level's room, you probably will not be in such a favorable position as when you enter it for the first time. All you need to do here is press left and then, while shooting, step back if you see any small spiders approach, which are the only threat IMO. I did this on "pro", so it should be really easy on "easy".

Now 4 more levels. Well, 2 of them, namely "The blades of death" and "the blades of death (evening)" WILL actually FORCE YOU to finish them with no damage taken, because if you do, you will fall down, die and will have to start over. That makes 4, so 2 more to go. Well needless to say, it's the level with the huge blades coming down "Deadly Passage" where you get prompted to learn the forward-forward-jump button dodge move. ...And its evening brother level of course. BUT it's very easy to miss the evening level.

Note: Dots in the next paragraph mean that I can't remember the first words of the name of the respective level.

When you beat the evening version of the level ".......... above the sea" where you saw the enemy generators for the first time (the red balls that are vulnerable only to swords), there will be 2 exits out of the level and this did NOT happen on the day level. DO NOT take the exit that was the only exit you could take when during the day. Instead, take the one on the right. If you remember correctly, that's where you exited the huge blades level "Deadly Passage" that YOU WANT TO REACH. Just pass all 4 blades; exit to make sure that the level will count, BUT go back the way you came. It's not worth to fight the unnecessary enemies in the next area (where you found yourself when Jay helped you out of the trap room). The enemy numbers there are overwhelming and it's very possible you will die even if you buy health items etc... even on easy mode. That area is the craziest, most overwhelming area. Just get the 2 artifact pieces and leave the place. You don't need to clear it to continue with the game. Plus even if you can beat it, WHY DOUBLE the price of your health items anyway? Trust me you will buy them if you plan to stick around there. So, instead, just go back to the "deadly Passage (evening)" level and out AGAIN to the "...... above the sea (evening)" level and finally take the exit that you took during the day to go on with the game and reach your sixth and easiest boss level "underneath the hall" which was explained at the very beginning of this post.

Another last thing. About the 50 million souls trophy: it comes just by playing it. You WILL get it at the "hall of columns" trophy, and even if you don't, just come back and fight some more, actually, worst case scenario just once more in that level is more than enough. The turtle-like enemy alone gives you around 20 million alone. Actually I had to come back in the "hall of columns" for my last trophy that you have to kill 10,000 enemies for. And, in "pro" mode, the 2nd time I killed the turtle-like enemy, he gave me 75 million more. Ridiculous, lol I don't see why anyone has to stress about the 50 million trophy. I had 178 million and had also spent every possible money on the purchases.

Good luck. I's a very very easy platinum and there is absolutely no need to stress over it. I read some posts where people seemed seriously worried, but it's not necessary. Not for this game anyway. Capcom can learn a thing or 2 from these developers: Not to be so goddamn cheap when it comes to trophies :)

Edit: To admin/mod: can we get an option to edit the thread title as well please? ... to fix typos etc.

Edited by StarFoxMania

Well, how nice of you to congratulate me on trying to add some tips. You know, I could have just relaxed and do nothing instead of typing that mini-guide.

Listen, if I felt like your guide was OK, I wouldn't feel the need to add more tips, but in my opinion your guide is not the greatest, and it slowed me down, mainly for several reasons:

1) It suggests to get the flawless victory on a level where you're lucky to make it out alive, much less without getting hurt. It's possible to get it there, but after a lot of headaches and retries. No one can deny that "underneath the hall" is a much logical solution.

2) Even your trap levels are explained as merely as that "trap levels". Whether you mean the spikes or smth else, god knows what you mean.

3) Even if it is mentioned before, I chose to ellaborate more on the path to take because it's quite possible to miss it.

So, in conclusion: No, none to very little of this stuff was mentoned before.

If you take a look at the other guides, usually their authors take note of extra tips and ask for permission to add them to their guide and constantly update them, but I guess your guide is so perfect that it doesn't need anyone's help.

Edited by StarFoxMania

ok, I follow you on the flawless victory, cause thats exactly where I got it myself. But the other trophy, do the levels have to be in a row? Cause I'm trying to follow you on the levels you suggest for it, and those aren't next to each other...

ok, I follow you on the flawless victory, cause thats exactly where I got it myself. But the other trophy, do the levels have to be in a row? Cause I'm trying to follow you on the levels you suggest for it, and those aren't next to each other...

No, no no no no... definitely not in a row - NOT EVEN in the same playthrough, I got mine on different playthroughs - they do carry over and get added. I got like 4 on my first playthrough and like 2 or 3 more on hard.

Wow...did it sound that insulting? Seriously sorry mate, sometimes not using your native languange makes it so easy to pass the wrong message. I sincerely apologise. I just found this game so simplistic that it hit me strangely why so many takes on a single issue, plus I found it extremely easy to do it the way I did it, with the earthquake and all, I didn't think it would be so much of a problem, I mean it is like a 2-3 days platinum... Again sorry for my behaviour...

As for the guide, I think I won't try it again, I lack the ability of explaining more thoroughly stuff just because I found them easy, whereas I expect them to be overexplained by people when I don't get them easily...

Well, just so nobody goes without thanks. I want to say that I appreciate all the help you all have offered. Please don't be discouraged from passing on tips or suggestions. Alternate strategies are always welcome! Just please refrain from passing conjecture as truth. I've encountered this problem elsewhere, and it's quite annoying.

Wow...did it sound that insulting? Seriously sorry mate, sometimes not using your native languange makes it so easy to pass the wrong message. I sincerely apologise. I just found this game so simplistic that it hit me strangely why so many takes on a single issue, plus I found it extremely easy to do it the way I did it, with the earthquake and all, I didn't think it would be so much of a problem, I mean it is like a 2-3 days platinum... Again sorry for my behaviour...

As for the guide, I think I won't try it again, I lack the ability of explaining more thoroughly stuff just because I found them easy, whereas I expect them to be overexplained by people when I don't get them easily...

Nah, don't worry man. I actually congratulate you on your effort for putting that guide up. Especially since it's not a popular game and everyone's attention is at KZ2. ...and yes, it is an easy platinum. I got in 2 days also.

As for the other guy who posted after you: I don't claim to know the truth. It just was a hell of a lot easier for me to do it the way I did it.

• 3 months later...
OK, I fail to see why several guides online advise levels where to get these trophies would be painful and difficult.

Hey StarFoxMania, thanks for posting this. I found this quite helpful. I'm on the Finale stage now and got my Can You EVER Touch Me? trophy on the same levels you advise. The 4 trap levels are a given, of course. The Dungeon and Underground Hall levels are indeed, by far, the easiest levels to complete without getting touched. You can just stay in the doorway for both and not even risked getting touched. Simple. And of course I got Flawless Victory for the Underground Hall boss. :)

thanks for the flawless tip, that was pretty easy. now i just gotta get 1 more level to get my 6.

EDIT: I missed the easy level where you learn the different gun types for the first time, so I played the first level over on easy. It took a couple of tries, but I got it in the end. Now all I have to to is get my 10000 kills and finish it on pro with the "good" ending. Then I can finally return this game to gamefly.

Edited by retnuh

• 1 month later...

StarFoxMania thanks for the tips!

I was kinda lost on this game until I read some about it. I rented it on gamefly and had no manual or anything. After understanding the game, I believe your info was spot on. By far the easiest way to go about 6 "zero hit" levels and flawless victory. Thanks for sharing!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

i too used Dungeon fo one of the levels, thing is i loosed the falling blades level. i got one with the spider boss, and another in a level i thing is called the long descend. don't remember if that's the name exactly, but is a level where only appears "dogs" as enemies. the other 3 were the "trap" levels

• 3 months later...

I didn't got this goddamn trophy

the Can you Ever Touch Me ?

I don't know why , I already finish 2 playthrough and got 91% of the trophies

I got Can you touch me and flawless victory on the 1st playthrough

that mean at least I got 2 level for the Can You Ever Touch Me trophy .

And on 2nd playthrough I finish all blades of death and deadly passage also the boss on ungerground hall without losing health , but the trophy didn't pop up

I wonder why , I already bored with this game

I'm on my 3rd playthrough now to get this trophy

Is it really true that the no health lost on a level count accumulatively on each playthrough ?

Edit : I got it this morning , It must be on different stages otherwise it didn't count

Edited by RyoonZ
edited

• 2 months later...

I just started the evening side of things, so I am unsure about this stages evening side, but I believe it was Fork in the Road is also VERY easy to get a perfect. As soon as you enter, fire tossing lizards will spawn right behind you. Focus on that spawn and keep smacking any lizard that comes near while doing it. When the spawn ends, just clean up. If you get too swarmed use Earthquake to calm the horde. Took me about 3 tries but i landed Can't Touch Me here pretty easily.

**edited to add: Just got there on evening. Seems only plausible on day time unless you have magic fingers when dealing with those pain in the ass ghosts. A little note, you can also land Counter IMPOSSIBLE in the process of the room (I forgot to mention). Just finished my Pro play through and remembered when i landed a 160ish combo in the room twice just passing through.

Edited by raptormouse

• 4 months later...

The game's final boss can also be beaten without getting hit.

Just spam ray of light, buy max rage, spam, buy repeat until dead.

The key is to recharge your rage at about 33% and do it on easy. If you get hit you can simply hit continue and try again.

If you need to get here just use the all items/$ cheat and level skip cheat to get here quickly.

My last trophy after 2 playthroughs was Can't you ever touch Me? and this was how I got it.