Worth buying?

saintdave

I've seen this in HMV for £13 and wondered if it was worth buying? I've never heard or read about the game until recently and have only watched a few gameplay videos. Just looking for some feedback, which would be much appreciated.

Eh, I wouldn't pay $20 for it unless I really liked hack n' slash games. There's not a lot of replay value once you get all the trophies, which doesn't take very long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
I've seen this in HMV for £13 and wondered if it was worth buying? I've never heard or read about the game until recently and have only watched a few gameplay videos. Just looking for some feedback, which would be much appreciated.

Here in Italy it costs so much more than this, but it is a worth buyng anyway coz the game is fun and the plat is easy, especially if you are a DMC fan as me u will not regret this purchase.

• 1 month later...

got this game for 8 dollars and i regret it. this is the worst game i have ever played on the ps3. i thought hey i love devil may cry, maybe i will like this. could not be anymore wrong. this game is a mess, avoid at all costs. if you want an easy platinum, play anything else besides this. i suggest ratchet and clank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never responded to this thread, huh?

The game isn't a great action game. Not at all. And I knew it got poor reviews before getting it. However, for some reason, I felt compelled to get it (probably because of the hot chick).

I got it. I played it. I had some struggles at first, but then I mastered it. Do I regret the time I put into the game? Absolutely not. It might not be a great game, but it was a decent time waster. And I am proud of my X-Blades platinum trophy.

One of the lessons it took me the longest to learn is that those weak-looking elemental projectile attacks are like the best attacks in the game. The big melee attacks with the fancy animations, those are a waste of magic. Fireballs, ice balls, light balls, those things will take down bosses that seem too heavily armored for melee attacks. And they're also great against the hundreds of flying enemies.

Anyway, if you go into the game with lowered expectations, you can have some fun with the game. Honestly. I did.

That all being said, it's of course not nearly as good as God of War. It's not even as good as Monsters vs. Aliens (also worth checking out).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...