Training Checklist Mini-Guide

Cauchy

This mini-guide is to provide the details to help people quickly and easily get through the training checklist. And while my guide has the player modifying characters more than is absolutely necessary, I think it’s the easiest way to go and will save time in the long run. Enjoy!

1. From the main menu go: TRAINING FACILITY > SUPERSTAR SELECT. Then choose The Brian Kendrick (TBK) as your first player and Batista as your second.
  2. Enter the training facility by simply pressing :circle: until you exit out all the menus.
  3. Perform every move that you can using TBK. Some things to keep in mind are:
    • In order for a move to register, the CPU has to prompt the player with what move is to be performed. For example, if you strike your opponent and that is not the move the CPU is prompting you to do, then you will not get credit for performing the strike.
    • There are some moves that require your opponent to be in a certain position relative to you. When you highlight a move from the training checklist, the location is usually made clear from the “move details”. However, there are few that are not, most notably, “springboard attack from apron” and “grab from outside the ring”. For the former move, you need to be at the apron and your opponent needs to be about a body’s length away from you outside the ring. For the latter, your opponent needs to inside the ring standing right next to the ropes while you need to be outside the ring right next to your opponent’s feet.
    • There are some moves that require your opponent to be performing an action against you (e.g. reversals). These can be done by turning on a second controller and performing the necessary actions. Ideally, you would have another person helping you out.
    • To perform signatures and finishers you will need to go change the “momentum setting” accordingly under the training options menu.

You will be able to get all of the moves on the training checklist using TBK except the following:

• Signature groggy back
  • Signature upper body – supine
  • Signature side – supine
  • Signature lower body – supine
  • Signature upper body – prone
  • Signature side – prone
  • Signature lower body – prone
  • Signature dive vs. ground opp
  • Signature dive vs. standing opp
  • Signature tb front
  • Signature tb back
  • Signature tb seated
  • Signature vs. running opp
  • Finisher groggy back
  • Finisher upper body – supine
  • Finisher side – supine
  • Finisher lower body – supine
  • Finisher upper body – prone
  • Finisher side – prone
  • Finisher lower body – prone
  • Finisher dive vs. ground opp
  • Finisher dive vs. standing opp
  • Finisher tb front
  • Finisher tb seated
  • Finisher running
  • Finisher vs. running opp
  • Evasive dodge
  • Move thief (signature)
  • Move thief (finisher)
  • Hammer throw
  • Strong strike

[*] From the main menu go: CREATE MODES > CREATE A MOVE-SET. Choose The Brian Kendrick from the SUPERSTAR menu. Now, go to change his abilities so that he has evasive dodge, move thief, hammer throw, and strong strike. Also, under special moves, you should modify his signatures and finishers with the first two from each category from the list of remaining moves above. Finally, accept the changes to save your modified TBK.

[*] If you did the previous step correctly, you will be able to use TBK (against Batista) to knock out:

• Signature groggy back
  • Signature upper body – supine
  • Finisher groggy back
  • Finisher upper body – supine
  • Evasive dodge
  • Move thief (signature)
  • Move thief (finisher)
  • Hammer throw
  • Strong strike

For the thief moves, note that Batista has both a groggy front signature and finisher. Also, note that supine means lying down face-up, while prone means lying down face-down.

[*] Now, repeat the previous two steps, modifying TBK with different signatures and finishers until you’ve completed the training checklist.

Edited by Cauchy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Use a lightweight like Rey Mysterio or Chavo. And walk up against the ropes and press square.

thx for the help, but i tried now with chavo, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy,... for doing that specific task and i think i also did it now plenty of times but the problem is that it don't want to show up in the bottom screen as task. so is there a specific position or place you need to be to perform it?

thx anyway ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was having a ton of trouble with springboard dives and it was my last one. What I found to work was to set the AI to easy and use cm punk. Then throw the computer out of the ring and get close to the ropes but do not touch any buttons. Right when the computer starts climbing the ropes, the springboard prompt comes up. However, hitting just :square: was throwing punches.

I had to repeat the steps again, making sure no buttons were being pressed. Then when prompted, I hit the :ls: towards the ropes and hit :square:. Trophy popped right up.

Edited by gueeds2103

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Can someone tell me how the f*ck I do this move in training?

Signature vs. running opp

The opponent is running but nothing appears.

EDIT: Nevermind got it yeehaa

Can you explain how to go about getting that? I need the signature and finisher for vs. running opponent. I was told to use Edge and whip them into the corner and when they bounce out to hit the finisher. I can do that, but the tip button never pops up and it never unlocks...