Easy Platinum

Dagger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet this game will be a lot harder than most people think.
Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. A lot of games have c**k-teased me with the trophy list and then b***h-slapped me after actually playing it; Mirror's Edge definitely comes to mind. Regardless, I haven't played a wrestling game since I was around 12 (I won't count Def Jam), so I'm thinking, "Why the hell not?" Bring back old memories while earning some (hopefully) easy trophies? GameFly rent is a go.

Yeah, I wouldn't doubt it. A lot of games have c**k-teased me with the trophy list and then b***h-slapped me after actually playing it; Mirror's Edge definitely comes to mind. Regardless, I haven't played a wrestling game since I was around 12 (I won't count Def Jam), so I'm thinking, "Why the hell not?" Bring back old memories while earning some (hopefully) easy trophies? GameFly rent is a go.

Tell me about it, Mirror's Edge really kicked me in the balls. I just quit after the impossible speed runs.

Im not sure, the AI could be like TNA's able to counter everything you throw at it even finishing moves out of nowhere. I was going to hit AJ Styles with my move and in mid air he countered it with a kick to my leg and was able to get a 3 count.

What sucked was I bought the game and went to return it to Gamestop the VERY NEXT DAY and it was only worth $20, how can a game go from $59 to $20 in less then 12 hours?

But I will say its nice to see a game with a lot of trophies that aren't bronze. We need more games with trophy lists like this.

To be honest, I'll been playing wrestling games for years (haven't watched the show) and by this trophy list, this DOES look like an easy platinum. I mean, win a 30 man royal rumble = gold trophy? Should be bronze in my opinion. All you need to do is get used to the gameplay and I believe you're good to go - trophy hunting wise.

But just don't buy this game purely for the "easy platinum". Many wrestling historians out there would tell you how much history you can learn from playing the 3 respectable modes of Relive, Rewrite, and Redefine.

Who the hell buys a game for trophies? Especially when they have no knowledge towards Wrestling prior to playing a game, Their is to many idiots on here that buys a game just because it has easy trophies, I for one will be getting this game, Just because i was a huge wrestling fan and it has alot of my favourites in this game.

Who the hell buys a game for trophies? Especially when they have no knowledge towards Wrestling prior to playing a game, Their is to many idiots on here that buys a game just because it has easy trophies, I for one will be getting this game, Just because i was a huge wrestling fan and it has alot of my favourites in this game.
Ummmm.. in case you didn't know, this entire forum is dedicated to acquiring PS3 trophies, so of course a vast majority of posters are going to be trophy whores who would jump at any chance to get an easy platinum, no matter the game or it's genre. I for one will be renting this game, as I feel a full purchase will not be worth it to me (as a kid I was a huge wrestling fan, Goldberg and Sting were the s**t, but I drastically lost interest with age). Of course, the few wrestling games I have played over the years have been very fun, so hopes of enjoyment are high on this one!

I KNOW! I am gonna get this game. I am a huge wrestling fan and was upset by the lack of legends in SDvsRaw2009. (I myself made Ric Flair the only Legend in the game)

Now on the other side of this double sided coin, i am also getting it for the trophies. Agian, SDvsRaw2009 didnt have them, and a friend of mine got all the achievments but one (5 superstars in the Hall of Fame), done in a couple days. So we are talking 900 gamerscore in a couple days (don't know the exact amount..just guestimating ;) ) So yeah this game may very well be an easy platinum. Just gonna have to play and find out.

• 2 weeks later...
No online trophies? Sweet! I'll probably buy this game when its on sale or used. Still playing SvR09, don't want to drop a 60 right away for the same game with a different roster.

It's definitely not the same game as SvR09.

It's definitely not the same game as SvR09.

Yeah it does play pretty different in good an bad ways. I felt the announcing was better but that could be because the game is so simple that they do not have much to call on lol.

Also I love the Relive mode that is where I will get my maybe moneys worth (if I buy it form Gamefly) and just to play as wrestlers from the past who I like.

trust me this is an easy platinum ive been watching wrestling for 10 years and playing the games for about 7 years and with all from what i know there is no such thing as a wrestling game being a hard platinum this game will be done in one day trust me.

I enjoyed it since it was not just a clone of SVR, most true fans of old school matches will love the Relive mode like I do since it lets you do what happened. It is also nice fun by yourself or with friends while with SVR I had to play it with someone to any kind of fun.

Although it is a toss-up because it is limiting on what you can do but the fun factor won me over. I am gonna Gamefly it for a long time then eventually click Keep It.

I absolutley love the Idea behind the old school matches, and to be honest that was the only reason I was interested, but I just never really felt in control during the match.

And why did they give Andre The Giant music? He never had any music, it'd be better without any.

I'll have to give it another go because I really wanted to like it, but i was so disappointed with the demo.

The best wrestling games were the ones on the N64 with the slower pace. I dont understand why no one just copies them.

EDIT - I just went back to play it a few times, and Im sorry but its just absolutley terrible. The ring area isnt even freeform for Christs sake! You have to irish whip you're opponent into the aisle and it treats it like a seperate area like a PS1 game!

The moves just seem really random too. Its both a QTE fest and a button masher at the same time. Thers just no skill, no strategy. Its just a woeful attempt at a game. Its such a shame aswell.

Edited by fanboy