Pro Tip: How to beat all Legend Killer matches in half the time! And more!

Ok, First off a little warning!

What I have discovered, is a very cheap and cheesy way to win matches.

I am not responsible for any hate mail you may get from PSN, if you use my method online, or anything that happens to you in real life lol :p, from your real life friends, if you bruise them up badly in the game! You've been warned! :D

I am posting this not to start chaos in the online community and online following of this game [if any], but since we are a trophy site, this will significantly cut down the amount of time to Platinum this game. And I'm talking more than Half the posted time!

Posted times for those trophies are:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/88/014.jpg True Legend Killer (G) - Gold ??? Really???

Obtain all of the medals in Legend Killer Mode

Beat all opponents in those five tiers.

- Tier 1 - 10 matches [30 min per guide]

- Tier 2 - 10 matches [30 min per guide]

- Tier 3 - 10 matches [30 min per guide]

- Favorite Legends Tier - 10 matches [30 min per guide]

- All Star Legends Tier - 38 matches [60 to 80 min per guide]

From guide:

Tiers 1-3 & the favorite legends tier consist of 10 opponents in each and should only take you a total of 30 minutes separately [each].

Then the all star legends tier however consists of 38 opponents. To defeat all 38 you may be playing for a total of 60-80 minutes.

Total = 3 and half hours per guide!

With my method, you will be done with that trophy in about 1 hour and half tops. It is worth mentioning, that this trophy is one of the two main "story mode" trophies. My record for the 38 Legends tier is : 00:34:55 sec. with more than few mistakes. Imagine what beating only 10 opponents, like in the trophy below, will be if I discovered this earlier :applause:. My shortest fight record is: 00:00:37 sec.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/88/016.jpg Super Fast Legend Killer (G) - Gold??? Really???

Become a Legend Killer in Legend Killer Mode in 30 minutes or less.

From guide:

This requires you to finish a tier in legend killer mode 30 minutes or less. The best tier to do this on would be number 1 because it has the easier wrestlers. Here is the method how I got this trophy:

-steps removed to prevent confusion with my method

When I done those steps each match didn’t take me longer than about 2 minutes 30. This is good because there are 10 opponents so you should be looking to average around 3:00 minutes.

How does an average of 35 seconds sound? Ok, Let's move on...

What we are about to do here is the following,... we will try to set up the opponent into a constant loop, a loop, that can not be reversed once implemented.

After the opponent is in the trap, you drain all his health and proceed to execute a pinfall to end the match.

I would like to talk a bit about the controls at first.

I found it much easier to use the "D-pad" [:up::down::left::right:] for all movement in this game. It is NOT required for you to use the :ls: for any portion of the game. The reason I'm saying this is, there are NO moves that require the use of "diagonal" motions. So... to be more precise ... use the "D-pad".

The controls themselves - We will use the button :square: in 2 ways.

Taping :square: performs a jab, or a quick hand strike. Press and HOLD :square: to perform a slower, but very strong hand strike.

We will use the button :cross: in the same way. A tap of :cross: performs a quick grapple, while press and HOLD :cross: will perform a strong grapple. It is very important to note the difference between HOLD and no hold, because the endless loop is highly dependent on that.

We need to use the "Irish Whip into corner" maneuver which requires a HOLD, if you tap, it'll simply push them towards the ropes.

Also using the "D-Pad" must simply be Away from your opponent, be it :up:,:down:,:left: or :right: , it doesn't matter, as long as it is Away. The camera adjusts automaticaly... do not touch the diagonals.

Ok, enough about controls... here is what you do!

- Match starts with you on the left.

- As soon as you take control of your wrestler go slightly towards your opponent and tap :square: for a quick jab.

- Immediately push :left: and HOLD :cross: for a "Irish Whip into corner". [Note: It is very Important that you hold :cross: - NOT tap it - because instead of sending your opponent in the corner, by tapping will send him in the ropes.]

- Follow your opponent, but DO NOT PRESS ANY BUTTONS. Just bump into him and let your wrestler bounce back and come to a stop right in front of him. [Note: It is very Important that you DO NOT hit your opponent at the turnbuckle DURING your approach, because it will cause him to fall to the ground immediately]

- As we speak, your opponent should be "groggy" in the corner. Press and HOLD :square: [you will see your wrestler starting a swing by pulling back one of his arms] release :square: at the full arm extent, then immediately press and HOLD :square: again. Create your own timing and keep repeating this. HOLD :square:..release, HOLD :square:..release ... etc.The never-ending Loop is On.

- What you will see is, your opponent bouncing back and forth from the turnbuckle, after taking in your "Strong hand Strike". And unfortunately [for them] they can't get out of it!

- The next step should be obvious, as you see their health go in the red, stop using the "Strong hand Strike" and give them 2-3 "Quick hand Strikes" by tapping :square: to make them stumble and fall.

- Hit :circle: to initiate the pinfall. If they get out of it, punch them again 2-3 times and repeat the pinfall. It shouldn't take more than the 3rd pinfall for the match to end.

Note: I believe that the ability of the CPU to get out of the pinfall is random.

And it has always been no more than 3 tries, if their HP is fully depleted, to end the match. I did notice something perhaps worth mentioning. It shows the "button mash" struggle of the CPU too, if you knock them down, they start mashing, in order to get up. I noticed that if I wait awhile, allowing them to "button mash" half way up and then I perform the pinfall, was perhaps making the CPU "tired of button mashing" sort of speak. So my pinfall was successful. Don't quote me on that last one lol, I didn't experiment with it long enough.Maybe you will

Ok, so with all of the above said and done...

You could average of about 1 minute maximum, with the match loading time included !!!

If you poses the ability to execute precise commands and the focus to repeat them consecutively there will be noting to prevent you of doing what I did. Pissing some people off on-line and off-line and/or getting the times I did for Legend Killer, or perhaps even better times, if you so desire and have the patience. I personally am done with this game.

Enjoy and have fun!

My shortest fight record is: 00:00:37

My record for the 38 Legends tier is : 00:34:55 and I messed up on more than few occasions, plus you don't always get the pinfall on the first try. I've gotten the pinfall on maximum the 3rd try in those cases.

Edited by AUSPUFF

As my new sig says :) grabbed the plat this morning around 5am. I did all pretty much in one sitting except for the gold medal collector that took quite a few tries but well worth it. I wish the explanations for moves actually wrote "Hold X or Tap X" cuz that screwed me up a lot so take my advice and try both!

I'm fresh with all trophies so if anyone is gonna bother going for em I got some quick tips for ya.

For legend killer mode:

play through as described above but something he didnt add that quickens the process go into custom game options and put the damage on high. Destroy everyone quicker!

For Wrestlemania Tour Mode:

You more or less need to put the damage on lowest depending on your difficulty rating learning moves and doing the objectives. More time just helps getting used to the game mechanics. Also set the disqualification to OFF.

I had trouble with this last night so I'll re-iterate for the "dx-damage"- Throw opponent into the ropes and complete mini game. Shawn michaels - stone cold match I think it was, d-pad away from opponent and tap x dont hold otherwise he goes to the turnbuckle instead of the ropes.

I must say AUSPUFF your whoring has gone too far this time. Easy game this is and doesn't need to be made any easier with cheap and cheesy tactics. It's fun to wrestle (and fun to play video games) so really I'm going to have to give you the thumbs down on this one.

Edited by RedEye420

I must say AUSPUFF your whoring has gone too far this time. Easy game this is and doesn't need to be made any easier with cheap and cheesy tactics. It's fun to wrestle (and fun to play video games) so really I'm going to have to give you the thumbs down on this one.

Hey :XD I discovered it by accident, but on my last Legend Killer run! :beer: So I did wrestle plenty lol. The guy got a 00:00:34s bout with my tactic! Who can argue with that!

Edited by AUSPUFF

Hey :XD I discovered it by accident, but on my last Legend Killer run! :beer: So I did wrestle plenty lol. The guy got a 00:00:34s bout with my tactic! Who can argue with that!

Well I will certainly drink with you regardless, sir. :beer::drunk: Just watch out for the law. :mods:

Hey did that chick over there just take her pants off? :ass:

Edited by RedEye420

the game is already easy enough, how can people have trouble with this...

Hehe, It's not about the trouble :), It's about cutting down on the time! I was in a competition till yesterday and time was of the essence lol. Didn't help me much, was a rather late discovery... but thought about sharing it.

Not trying to piss any of the fans off. I too watched wrestling some years ago...It's very well made game for an avid fan, from a collectors stand point imo.

Edited by AUSPUFF

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
i´ve been trying, but the oponent always reverse after 3 punchs... is the inicial quick punch really necessary? cause i´m not using it...

Yes it is, if you use it, it'll give you the needed time to send him to the turn buckle without being interrupted..

cheers dude, even easier now

Glad people find this useful!

Thanks for the tip sir without it that last tier of 38 matches would have been a hell of a grind.

I used your technique for all of the tiers but I would recommend anyone else doing this to have a some proper matches every now and then - it will break the boredom of using the same moves plus only using this techinque to win doesn't get you much XP which you need for the max player stats trophy.

I had to replay a bunch of matchs to build up more XP.

Thanks again AUSPUFF

yay fourth platinum for me (and by far the easiest)

Thanks for the tip sir without it that last tier of 38 matches would have been a hell of a grind.

I used your technique for all of the tiers but I would recommend anyone else doing this to have a some proper matches every now and then - it will break the boredom of using the same moves plus only using this techinque to win doesn't get you much XP which you need for the max player stats trophy.

I had to replay a bunch of matchs to build up more XP.

Thanks again AUSPUFF

yay fourth platinum for me (and by far the easiest)

Now that about the XP, I must have missed, due to the fact I discovered this near the end of my WWE Career :D. Or no idea really... I did get some sort of amusement out of the game. It's not bad, specially all the scripted challenge bouts were pretty fun to do!

Thanks for the props, glad you had fun with it.

(P) :beer:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...