Block Bottom Help!!!!

Need help with this, its the last thing i need before i get the platinum.

do we both need to be level 3?

does he need to initiate it?

thank you

Edited by Chedda
I Did It. Lol. He needs to be level 3, and you have to hold back and press triangle when he does a strong grapple on you!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I was a level 1 when i did it because I was finishing up the taunts and it depleted everything. He will initiate it (hence reversal) and he needs to be a level 3. Timing is everything so i would let him get to level 3 and just keep trying to reverse no matter what he throws your way.
If anybody is having a hard time and timing is an issue.. just adjust the Grapple Reversal Rate Bar to your advantage in the Gameplay Settings Menu.. then Viola! Easy as Pie:D

If anybody is having a hard time and timing is an issue.. just adjust the Grapple Reversal Rate Bar to your advantage in the Gameplay Settings Menu.. then Viola! Easy as Pie:D

lol...i didn't know this, i ended up setting the difficulty to hard...i am in the middle of a new guide for this so i will put your advice in there....thanks alot:)

• 6 months later...
Get the Rock to level 3, then go to the entrance with the sign. Just keep trying to reflect his attacks, you will get it!

I tryd like 20 times already,

I got everything else very easy, but this one is hard.

I got im lvl 3

I got half healt

He does a graple attack i click, triangle, and left stick away from him.

He still takes me down, and then pins me most of the time.

I have diff on easy, grapple and everything on lowest and still cant get it.

What ame i doing wrong, there is no vid of how to do it?

Tnq a lot.

And do you need to hold the triangle or can you better tap it the entire time?

When i try to reverse it my caracter is putting out its hand to reverse, but he stil gets knocked down bij the rock.

He keeps doing it until i got so mad i putted my ps3 off afther 1 hour of trying.

So does someone have some ti? and where can you set how good/bad you timing has to be?

Tnq a lot, (sorry for my nooby questions, but its my last objective for plat.)

• 1 month later...

This one was abit difficult coz i was doing the medals in order and block bottom is like second last and both of our health was low...

so get the rock on to Level 3 and wen he does wait for him to open his arms out wide (when it looks like he is coming to hug you) the quickly reverse it and then you have your block bottom task completed.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

I went with reducing the grapple (i.e. - rather than +). I can't say for sure how much that helped, but what I found most helpful was holding away from your opponent constantly, and then before each attack spamming TRIANGLE (look in particular for your opponent's arms to spread for the grapple - as if going in for a hug).

Hopefully that makes sense.