Any other wrestling fans disappointed in the wasted potential?

After avoiding this game for years due to my discontent with the demo I finally decided to rent it out and give it a spin (along with SDvsRAW2010 to mop up missed trophies from when I used to own it). I enjoyed this game alot. But was very disappointed in the wasted potential. I hated the controls at first, probably just because of how different they were to most wrestling games. But after playing for a bit I started to understand why they were set like that. It just added to the yesteryear mood to have the wrestlers have a more limited moveset. So I gained a little bit of an appreciation for the controls and the layout of matches. I just wish the AI was tougher and smarter.

The Wrestlemania Tour mode was a lot of fun. I loved it. Though I don't think they put enough into it. It wouldn't have been hard to add more scenarios. Though I guess it was difficult considering the bad roster they had. Seriously, some of the "legends" on there didn't even have a real "wrestlemania moment". And the legends that were snubbed made this game a tough act to buy given it's moniker. Where's Randy Savage!? He was one of the biggest stars of the early wrestlemanias, as soon as I noticed he wasn't on the roster I knew I was in for disappointment. What about Steamboat? Tito Santana, Razor Ramon etc. All had excellent wrestlemania moments but were snubbed for silly reasons.

Overall I think this game could have been a success with wrestling fans if it had more effort put into it. But despite the few good things, and the limited fun of nostalgia and the atmosphere I was quite disappointed. Do other wrestling fans feel the same? This could've been a great game, unfortunately due to missed opportunities now it's mostly known for it's easy platinum status.

• 1 month later...

For me this game was all about nostalgia. While the game wasn't that great overall I enjoyed reliving some classic Wrestlemania moments. I really liked the theater section were it showcased some videos of past Wrestlemania rivalries and matches too.

I agree about the Legend selection as well. Randy Savage, Steamboat and Razor Ramone were three names I immediately thought of when I initially viewed the roster selection.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The main problem I've had with the game is not the lack of legends, but the lack of tools to recreate the missing ones. There are seemingly no templates that correspond to anyone from the past besides a few entrances (Rockers, Bushwackers, Money Inc., Christian for starters), but even those are useless when the moves aren't there.

• 2 months later...