Review This Game!

How Good Is This Game?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How Good Is This Game?

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/339117ps_500h.jpg Average Game Rating = 3.1/10

Screenshots

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/wwe-legends-of-wrestlemania-2008071.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/tn_565_22.jpg http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu10/jjjjjjj_photo/legends-of-wrestlemania-89.jpg

How To Review

1. PLEASE DON’T post a review without having played the game first!

2. Please don’t post a review unless you have played alot of hours or have completed the game.

3. Only write about the multiplayer aspect in the ‘Multiplayer Experience’ heading.

4. Please put a description in each section & then rate it out of 10.

5. Do not review on the trophy aspect of the game.

6. Review what YOU think & don’t be influenced by others.

Reviewing Game - WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

Story:

Gameplay:

Controls:

Graphics:

Sound:

Wow Factor:

Replay Value:

Multiplayer Experience: N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game?

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: PLEASE VOTE!

Please Use the above as a template for your review. If you need help with anything please refer to this thread >>> http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/user-generated-content/16959-how-write-review.html#post213134

*PLEASE NOTE: ALL NON-REVIEW RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED*

Edited by Rockets

Story: There's not really any story to it. so N/A

Gameplay: 4.

Controls: 2. The controls were just horrible in every aspect.

Graphics: 4. They really werent that great for PS3 graphics.

Sound: 3. The commentators are in a league of their own when it comes to repetitive.

Wow Factor: 5. It was cool seeing those old videos of past Wrestlemania's but that's about it.

Replay Value: 0. Once you get all the trophies don't play it again.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: The game is only good for trophies unless your a hardcore wrestling fan. 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: 0 - No Story at all

Gameplay: 2

Controls: 1 - very shitty controls

Graphics: 2 - less than the ps3 standerd

Sound: 2 doesnt even sound real and very repetitive announcers

Wow Factor: 1 - i simply believe there is no wow factor at all

Replay Value: 0 get platinum and throw it down and dont see it again

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent if you buy it it is a waste of your money and me typng this to tell you this game SUCKS * just rent cuz its an easy platinum*

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 1

overall this is a piece of shit...... or worse

• 3 weeks later...

Story: 0

No real story

Gameplay: 2

I didn't really have high hopes for the game, I saw trailers for the game, and didn't think it looked all that great. Well I was right, it was pretty bad. You have a grapple and attack button. You also have a meter with three bars that goes up when you land a successful attack. Each level changes your moves when doing weak/strong grapple/melee moves. Not much to it, you cant pick which moves you do as far as I know. They have quite a few match types, but each being just as generic as the next.

Create a legend mode as far as character design is pretty advanced, its to bad you will have generic moves and play through countless matches to raise you stats which will lead to the destruction of any wrestler. Its a big grind fest that leaves you with no satisfaction other than not having to ever play it again unless your going for the trophies.

Controls: 8

Controls are spot on, responsive. The downside to that being that when attacksing to fast you often will hit a wrestler yet it will do nothing because you tried to attack during frame animation, causing you to be open for attack.

Graphics: 4

Graphics were crap, most of the wrestlers look nothing like the actual wrestlers themselves, then again, when has a wrestling game ever had that.

Sound: 8

The announcers were really well done, they were calling my shots off quickly and accurately. If your an old wrestling fan such as myself you will get to hear all those old entrance songs in full, very sweet.

Wow Factor: 1

The only wow factors in the game sadly don't apply to any of the game play or graphics of the game, but you do get quite a bit of old WWE footage that has a nostalgic feel if you watched wrestling back in the day.

Replay Value: 1

Who wants to play a game that has little to no moves, crappy graphics, and game play that feels uninspiring.

Rent Or Buy This Game?

RENT, for sure.

All in all, this game was generic, tedious, and not that fun at all. There were better wrestling games more than 8 years ago on the nintendo 64. And even with all the music and footage, it wouldnt be worth 60 dollars, 15 at best. Your best bet is to get the platinum and take the game back to blockbuster to never play from it again, definitely a bargain bin game.

• 2 weeks later...

Story:

N/A

Gameplay:

Awful, awful stuff. I used to love wrestling and I honestly think the genre has been dead since the N64 days.

Controls:

They work for what they are. The developers obviously made it an easier game that most wrestling games so that it could be "pick up and play". I don't fault them for it, but it takes some control and actions you would expect from a wrestling game of this generation.

Graphics:

The player models or OK. They are like a slightly exaggerated version of what you might remember of your favorite wrestlers. The problem comes in with the ridiculous amount of clipping that takes place. Even most of the animations are fine but the way everything clips and strange things like wrestlers who glide on the mat when you go for a pin just ruins what little good this game does in the looks department.

Sound:

The commentary is horrible, awful, terrible. It is literally the most repetitive game I have played since the last generation. The in ring sounds are nothing special, but adequate. The only real highlight here is all of the cheese that is the wrestlers intro music. I think Brutus the Beefcake inspired the Sienfield theme, to be honest.

Wow Factor:

0. There is nothing to saw wow about.

Replay Value:

Minimal. Unless you just love wrestling with the same 40 wrestlers over and over again there isn't a ton. They have a bunch of different match types that you might find enjoyment in if you can get past all of the other flaws. I got rid of it as soon as I got the platinum.

Multiplayer Experience:

N/A

Rent Or Buy This Game:

Rent and only if you are a trophy whore (such as myself). It's the easiest platinum out there.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:

Overall it gets 2/10 from me. There are just so many flaws that ruin this one. There is some nice fan service given to fans of the 70's and 80's but the actual game play is crap.

Reviewing Game - WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania

Story: N/A

Gameplay: HATED it...in the 1st place, i hate wrestling games, but easy platinum... 2ndly

when u put all my votes on sound, controls, etc, u get CRAP

Controls: This is their high point...5...thats there high point...hated what the controls were, but very easy 4 me 2 pick them up, and very easy 4 me 2 get confused and screw up.

Graphics: 4 bad, not ok, not great, but not terrible... in the screenshot, is that andre the giant cuz i cant tell the difference w/ these graphics

Sound: DUDE, the commentators were worse than the mlb 09 the show in repeat 8 things in 1 round...2

Wow Factor: compared 2 every other game, NONE 0

Replay Value: none (once got trophies, done w/ it)

Rent Or Buy This Game rent

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 2

put it all together, its probably a 3 from average of my ratings, but 3 is 2 generous...now...what does that tell u???

Edited by JJonnyboy110

Story: There really isn't one. But the relive matches are fun if you were old enough to witness them back in the day.

Gameplay: Pretty simple. Its a button mashing game for the most part

Controls: No real difficulties here. I would say a 5 year old could platinum this game.

Graphics: Not bad... The same as you would have expected if you played any other next-gen wrestling games.

Sound: I think this depends on your tv/surround system.

Wow Factor: Like I said, its fun to do the relive matches but the rest is pretty repetitive.

Replay Value: 0. Once you platinum this you will be never pick it up because...

Multiplayer Experience: ...there is no active multiplayer. So once the game is done, its done.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent It!!

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: I gave it a 5 for all the reasons i listed

• 1 month later...

Story: Well for most of the trophy whores here, there is no real story mode. But the Relive Rewrite and Redefine feature was the real reason I bought this game. If your a wrestling fiend like I am this mode gave you nostalgia and enabled you to make your own compelling story mode.

Gameplay: Good in the fact that it is a simple not glitch infested game.

Controls: Yes this is not a complex game. You hit square to kick, x to grab and circle to pin. However most people complain if controls are too complicated. Simple always beats complicated in my opinion.

Graphics: The Graphics are great. It's being played on a PS3 I don't see why it shouldn't be. Besides that the character models are good. You can clearly make out each of the wrestlers defining features.

Sound: Sounds good. Commentary is a little annoying, but all video game commentary is so get over it.

Wow Factor: :eek: You can amaze yourself when you are able to match move for move with pro wrestling's greatest matches inside of a video game.

Replay Value: The replay value is more or less the same as Street Fighter or any other fighting game. You play the story mode to unlock stuff. Then you play the versus mode with some friends and you whoop their ass, so they ask for a rematch and you keep going from there. High replay value.

Rent Or Buy This Game? If you're a trophy hunter rent it. If you're a wrestling fan buy it.

I believe that this unique addition to the WWE Wrestling Video Game Series is very good. I am the only one to give this game 10 of 10. I stand behind it because not only were the trophies easy to attain but it was something new to a series that I've been fan of from the beginning. As I reflect on my review I might have been a little biased, but the game deserves a chance to be enjoyed, and not used up for its trophies like a cheap whore.

10 out of 10

- phgreat1(P)

Edited by phgreat1

• 3 weeks later...

Story: n/a

Gameplay: (B).

Its mindless. Just rank up your created guys strike then speed. Thats it, you own everyone.

Controls: (B)(B). Easy to use, but annoying.

Same controls from N64 days.

Graphics: (B)(B)

Super generic. Nothing can really be done about that though, its a wrestle game.

Sound: (B)(B).

It has Ted Debiases intro. Other wise it would be a solid one.

Wow Factor: (B)(B)(B).

as in: wow, this games boring.

It has old skool footage which is cool. I cant even hate there.

Replay Value: (B).

Play it, platinum it delete it from your PS3 and hopefully your memory.

Rent Or Buy This Game? rent.

If you bought this game, you got owned.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: (B)(B)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised to see that this game was so poorly received around here. One could argue the game is lacking in depth, but I see it as more of an old-school experience... kinda like "Pro Wrestling" for the NES. It's more of a casual game to play with a few friends after you toss back a few beers and want to see Bam Bam Bigelow manhandle Koko B. Ware. If you're looking for something on the lines of the Dead Or Alive series, you're in for a big disappointment, but I think this particular game has a place in MY collection, particularly as someone who's early memories include Jimmy Snuka flying off the top of the cage, or Hogan body slamming Andre the Giant.

Personally, I'd give it a 7.

Gameplay: Casual-level gaming.

Controls: Pick-up-and-play.

Graphics: Doesn't push the boundaries of the PS3 by any means... some ugliness in the crowd. Wrestlers generally look good, though animations can be a little wooden.

Sound: Decent commentary from Lawler and Ross, gets repetitive.

WOW Factor: A true nostalgia trip for fans of WWF's Golden Age.

Replayability: Arcade-style fighting, inherently replayable.

Multiplayer: Local only, which is a little disappointing.

Rent or Buy: Depends... the casual nature of the gameplay may be a turnoff to some. Personally, I find it refreshing to have a game in my collection without the complexity of, say, Ninja Gaiden Sigma.

Edited by jqtaxpayer

• 3 weeks later...

I'd personally give this game a 5. Its fun to reminisce if you liked wrestling in the 80's and 90's, but the controls are absolutely horrid...worst of any game I've played this generation.

The sad thing is, its made by THQ, the people who made Wrestlemania 2000 for N64. That game was pure awesome, and controlled beautifully...but they've obviously gone downhill. The only redeeming values are the classic videos, and the easy platinum.

• 2 weeks later...

Story: n/a

Gameplay: can be fun to do relive stuff (bring back memories) 5/10

Controls: easy to use (6/10)

Graphics: poor - the crowd is terrible could have been done on ps1! 2/10

Sound: good original wwe themes 7/10

Wow Factor: not really 1/10

Replay Value:not really 1/10 platinum then sell

Multiplayer Experience: not very good 2/10

Rent Or Buy This Game? RENT

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 3/10 easy platinum (although not done yet) fun for 30 mins but very repetitive

• 3 months later...

First Impressions:

The game is okay at best thanks to the controls. Seriously, were they searching for the worst control system ever when making this game? They aren't responsive, I feel like nothing is in my control, and they are totally illogical. I'll give it more time and review again once I platinum, but the controls are laughably bad.

Post-Platinum:

While the easiest platinum I can think of, this game wasn't really good. A lot of the game is just a lip-service to fans of the older wrestlers from the 80s and 90s, with a few rehashed matches for their enjoyment.

When you do a match, most of what you do is just inputting a single command to do multiple moves with a few quick-time interactions. I should note, I HATE quick-time interactions. God of War did it well, so did RE4, but other than these examples, I have yet to see it used in a way that wasn't gimmicky/felt like I wasn't playing the game. In this game, it literally feels like I am just pressing the buttons to give me something to do rather than "hey, I just did that!" Of the modes, Wrestlemania tour is the only one worth playing. It's pretty neat going through each match, watching the videos, and recreating where it allows you. At times, it felt so forced since some moves wouldn't work the same in a normal match with two unrelated competitors, but it was still a fun thing. The Legend Killer mode was ridiculous because the goal of the first tier is to become the greatest legend of all time... as was the goal for the second tier... Also, the goal itself is pretty ridiculous, but I moved past it.

Creation mode is all right, but the depth of moves leaves a lot to be desired. Graphics were pretty top-notch with some of the best blood I've seen in a fighting game. A hit starts a small trickle, and slowly, it is all over the guy's face and chest. Really cool!

Controls... are awful. I got used to them a bit by the end of the game, but they are seriously so illogical and stupid that I don't get what they were planning. Why is the button to pin the same as the button to leave the ring or pick up an item? Why is it when I press X once on Chain 1, it'll do one move, but if I press it the same way and in the same chain, it does a different move (happened a few times)? The Chain level fighting is cool, but I nailed three or four chains back-to-back, was level three, then I hit my finisher and the guy still kicked out. I remember this being an issue with the Smackdown vs. Raw series, and it sucks they still haven't fixed it. When I used to watch wrestling, I remember it was RARE for a finisher to be kicked out of, and it was a huge deal. In the games, it's common. I hated the stupid ATTACKER v. DEFENDER thing because it was just button mashing with slight timing.

The game was just bad honestly. Some parts were fun and cool, but most were just "meh" to "ugh". I say rent this for the easy platinum (took me less than a full day overall) and be done with it.

3/10

Edited by JohnEnrage

• 1 month later...

Story: it has a story?

Gameplay: new royal rumble features are nice.

Controls: worst thing about game.

Graphics: had the old toy look and feel.

Sound: hit and miss in some parts.

Wow Factor: 80s WWF..what isnt to like about it.

Replay Value: depends on the player. a new grapple system and it would get replayed as much as fire pro does in this house.

Rent Or Buy This Game? rent..but when it drops to $20

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 5

I put 5 mainly because I love old school wrestling.

I grew up on the 70s and 80s wrestle scene.

• 4 months later...

Story: n/a.

There isn't necessarily a story for this game, but the story is the history of Wrestlemania, so n/a.

Gameplay: 6

Pretty basic gameplay. You control one wrestler and fight up to 4 others(in Royal Rumble), but mostly just one other wrestler. Also, the gameplay after a while becomes very repetitive; especially in Legend Killer where you must take on all 33 wrestlers in one sitting.

Controls:4

The controls are sloppy and oversimplified. The L1, L2, R1 and R2 buttons are not even used, which would have made the control mechanism much easier. As is, it is very hard to complete some of the objectives in matches since it is impossible to distinguish which move you want your wrestler to make. Perhaps they were simplified so that the game would be easier to play, but the end result is just frustrating.

Graphics:6

Subpar. The graphics could be much better, especially in this generation. The wrestlers are not as well defined as they could be and their muscles are sometimes on the range of ridiculously over-exaggerated(like in Hogan).

Sound:4

Very basic sounds. Nothing too exciting. The inclusion of the entrance music for each wrestler is nice. But what kills this is the announcers. They are incredibly repetitive and get annoying really quickly. After about 2 matches you will have heard almost everything they have to say, except for the comments about each specific wrestler. I probably just should have turned them off(not sure if there is an option for this, but there should be!)

Wow Factor: 4

Not a lot of wow factor, other than the fact that you get to play as old legends(like Hogan, Andre, The Rock and others). But the game itself would be pretty poor and underwhelming if not for this fact.

Replay Value: 5

Unless you're a big fan of old school WWE, then there isn't much replay value and the game gets old fast, especially after getting the platinum. It's gameplay is just not engaging and is too basic to hold interest for a long period of time.

Rent Or Buy This Game? Rent. There isn't much replay value here, unless you are a big WWE fan, which I'm not.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating: 5/10

• 2 months later...

Story: 2/10 - Well...it doesn't have one!

Gameplay: 6/10 - It was ok. I think most WWE games fit the bill here, and have your general wrestling matches.

Controls: 7/10 - Easy enough to pick up, though I had trouble sometimes pulling off moves.

Graphics: 6/10 - Graphics were ok, again, it's kinda your average wrestling game.

Sound: 3/10 - Nothing memorable. Repetetive commentary.

Wow Factor: 2/10 - I didn't get much from this game.

Replay Value: 2/10 - I think as soon as it was finished it was sold.

Multiplayer Experience: Never tried.

Rent Or Buy This Game? 3/10 - Rent.

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Score: 5. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other WWE games I have played.

• 1 month later...

I picked this one up for eight bucks and I immediately felt nostalgic when I was a kid and following closely all this wrestling legends. I certainly don't regret buying this one and I will keep it. When a friend comes by, we have a lot of fun. I read that some or most people aren't happy with the controls. Not me. There are very quick to learn and to remember for beginners but offer enough variety to do all sorts of grapples.

I agree this is definitely a 2-player-couch-game. Graphics, commentary, the singleplayer...yep it's not top-class but I enjoy it nontheless.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

no real story

Gameplay: 8

Once I got the hang of it I (wich wasn't that long) had a lot of fun trying all the different moves

Controls: 8

nice and simple no complex combo's you have to learn by heart, only downside was if you are to fast to attack when a opponent is getting up you can be open for attacks

Graphics: 8 good graphics and stylized wrestlers wich have a real 80's feel

Sound: 8 great classic entrance music and announcing, real fun to listen to

Wow Factor: 9

Seeing the old fued footage is a real good way to get you pumped before a fight it makes you want to punch the bad guy right in the face and destroy him in the ring

The fact that you can import all the wrestlers from Smackdown VS RAW 2009is a great addition so I can put Cena VS Hogan...

Replay Value: 2

once you are finished there isn't much to do, but its fun to play on a boring afternoon or with a friend

Rent Or Buy This Game?

BUY since its dirt cheap

Your Personal Verdict & Your Final Rating:

great game for a casual gamer and wrestling fans