End Matches in Under A Minute (except Tour)

[spoiler=splatterhouse2010rick]

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y16/PicturingLegend/Temp/wweRick.jpg

For those who want to speed through the game and make it much more easier than it already is, this thread is for you! IMO, it's exceptionally better than Rockets' advice described in "Super Fast Legend Killer (G)".

Tweaking

Before we begin, ensure you have these settings:

OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY SETTINGS > IN GAME OPTIONS:

Difficulty: Easy

OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY SETTINGS > CUSTOMIZE GAME SETTINGS:

Frequency of COM's usage:

• Set all three sliders to the left, thus crippling your opponent's wrestling abilities even further. Never look back!

Game Balance (affects player AND opponents):

• Damage Rate - Leave this alone until you're comfortable with the gameplay and controls. Best maxed while doing Legend Killer mode and Rewrite/Redefine matches, but risky in Relive.
  • Strike/Grapple Reverse Rate - Since you're playing on Easy, your opponents will barely counter. You'll need it for matches in Tour, though.
  • Chain Input Window - Timed button presses (QTE). Max, obviously.
  • Chain Level Rate - Max. Same as "Momentum Fill" from the Smackdown! vs. RAW games. Suitable if you don't want to prolong Relive matches where your opponent must perform their finisher on you. Also, you can regain (Heal) lost Stamina more often. This and Damage Rate is very important for the tip outlined at the very botom of this thread.

NOTE: Game tweaking is not mentioned in the trophy guide, AFAIK... other than changing difficulty to Easy.

The CAW

The next integral part is your CAW. You'll need him for all of Legend Killer mode and ultimately the (P)... and his stats can be maxed (99). For the purpose of this thread, maxing Grapple (priority)/Strike/Speed is preferred, and then Technical/Durability afterwards.

And finally... Quick Victories

Let me reiterate--it only works best in Legend Killer mode, except Tier 1-2 since your CAW is undeveloped at that point. You can literally have +90 Grapple after Tier 1 depending on how you play. The EXP system is way too simple. Anyways, make sure your CAW's :square::square::square: (a.k.a. Fists of Fury) has range.

1. When the match commences, approach the opponent and keep punching him towards the edge, using only :square::square:, until he's dazed on the ropes.
  2. Grapple (:cross:) opponent, wait for the screen to flash, then press :triangle: OR :circle: to irish whip him and receive a huge Chain bonus (around +60%), complemented by the tweak earlier.
  3. Prepare for a QTE as he runs towards you. A successful button press will award you with another Chain bonus (around +25%).
  4. Repeat this once more, and you'll attain Grapple Level 3 in no time.
  5. Close the deal with a finisher. If your Grapple/Strike is maxed, the opponent's Stamina should be empty, or extremely close to it.
  6. There IS a small possibility of the opponent kicking out; if this is the case, simply grapple him some more, or force a tap-out.

With this, I completed the All-Star Legends Tier (38 matches) in 36 minutes. :cool: One disadvantage of this would be the fact that you only earn 40-50 EXP per match. In the end I had 900 leftover points, and I "rushed" Tier 3-5...

Edited by Eye Beams

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...