worth it or not?

specialmax

I liked it a lot and have been a fan on the smackdown series since the psone. I haven't played 11 yet but I can definetely say 12 is really good. Most people that complain say the RTWM isn't all that great, I beat it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you liked all the smackdown games I would say go ahead and get this one.

Hi,

I've got a question... Is this game worth it to buy or should I skip this one. I've still got WWE 2011 and most people are telling me that WWE 12 is way better.

I would like to know you opinions on this...

I LOVE THIS GAME BEST WWE GAME in rescent years for a lot of people this game is love it or hate it mosty hate because of the problems with it online reversing RTWM people getting up to fast etc. but did a lot of work on this game and it shows faster gameplay more create opinions more superstars wake up taunts comebacks and more i rent it and see if you like 1st

I LOVE THIS GAME BEST WWE GAME in rescent years for a lot of people this game is love it or hate it mosty hate because of the problems with it online reversing RTWM people getting up to fast etc. but did a lot of work on this game and it shows faster gameplay more create opinions more superstars wake up taunts comebacks and more i rent it and see if you like 1st

RTWM isn't as bad as you make out, it is really awesome and the storylines are brilliant considering that there are 6 months each for 3 stories this year, which really makes RTWM worth while. I loved the Villain story, there were too much backstage rubbish in the Outsider story, but I loved the Sheamus storylines (not going to reveal too much in case you want to find out what happens)

It's a great game, a lot better than in a recent years, so I reccomend buying the game as it is awesome. :D

Edited by sevenpanda

RTWM isn't as bad as you make out, it is really awesome and the storylines are brilliant considering that there are 6 months each for 3 stories this year, which really makes RTWM worth while. I loved the Villain story, there were too much backstage rubbish in the Outsider story, but I loved the Sheamus storylines (not going to reveal too much in case you want to find out what happens)

It's a great game, a lot better than in a recent years, so I reccomend buying the game as it is awesome. :D

i loved the RTWM this year i was just telling him what people thought about it is all

I've been playing wwf/wwe games since snes and this one is sokay. The RTWM has a good story, but horrible gameplay. The AI is jacked up and there's WAY too many backstage brawls and a LOT of handicap matches. The creation choices are really good and the WWE Universe is excellent.

Normal gameplay, to me, feels less polished than previous games. I've seen a lot of collision detection issues, plus a lot of weird programming choices. For example, in past games your character is locked in focus on a person and will look at them and avoid turning their back. Here you move generally wherever you move, which makes turning and counter attacking a pain at times. I've had myself and the AI go in circles cause neither one of us can pivot on spot to look at the other.

Recovery times are dreadfully slow and you can find yourself stuck in long chains from opponents where you HAVE to make your counter or you are stuck. Recovery also seems borked, as a fully healed person will clutch their head or ribs while recovering, simply because they took one blow there that knocked them down. They'll go back to normal after standing up fully, but while you get to your feet, you're slowed down extra.

I've noticed a few things are missing from this one that were in previous games. Nothing huge, but little things like control moves where you can walk around the ring and do things like dropping a suplex onto the ropes. Only one announcement desk. Limited ground moves. That sort of thing. No clue why they would take stuff out, but they did.

Ultimately, I'd say unless you find WWE 12 on sale, you can wait. Boxing day is a couple weeks away and I've already seen some stores putting it on sale for $40. The fact that they're willing to drop the price so fast shows that it's worth waiting for.

At the moment I am going to go against everyone else - I have only had the game a day, and I am quite regretting it. Glad I waited for price to halve first!

The AI is stupidly good even on the easiest settings. The controls are awful - though I may get used to it, It just isn't a fun game anymore compared to how they used to be. I will complete the game, but for me its a massive let down. I buy wrestling games for fun, and this really isnt.

On the plus side, the creations aspect is again fantastic, but controls and gameplay wise, Every single smackdown was better!