The 2nd and the final Elite Challenges...

I've had no real problem with any of the other challenges in this game, and thought I had mastered the controls with right stick braking ice braking and handbrake turns, but... wtf.... I cant get to that 5th checkpoint on the second elite challenge, and often fall short of even the 4th checkpoint by an agonising few centimeters.

Its pretty annoying as I cant see where I am losing the vital time - I am taking the inside line, boosting ok, not hitting the wall, and am way ahead of the silver & bronze ghost cars but its still not good enough.

I searched for ANY video guides for this challenge or the final Elite challenge but there doesnt appear to be any made. The last Elite challenge gold looks beyond me as it is just so easy to accidentally touch something and the bomb to explode.

I presume car selection makes absolutely no difference? There arent any car performance stats, just customizable liveries.

Anyone got any tips (apart from keep practising!!!)?

• 6 months later...

Old thread but i'll put in what i noticed as these were the two i struggled most with.

Thing is, i managed these both better when i just forgot about the :l2: + :r2: + :r2: boosts. These are too wonky to pull off properly every time and that one extra braking can cost you like 5 succesful boosts. Also using them breaks the flow. For the 2nd elite mission, there are few important lines. Naturally the first shortcut, before the jump the right (paved) path, at jump aim left so you can take the following corner fast. After the following tight bend, left path is faster. The last corner is crucial. You should aim to take it from as near the wall as possible. This WILL take some practice.

Last event is easy to gold, providing you even manage to finish it..... :rs: is the key here, you must use it in the first snowy s-bend, the 270 degree ice turn and when taking the narrow ice bridge, one tap to the right will get you across providing you hit the boost pad before the bridge. Lift off the accelerator and take the inside line. I wasn't able to get through this without blowing up while keeping it floored. On the containers, take a right, then left through the gap.

Over all inside lane is a must in every harder event.