Graphics

Now, i know i'm probably gonna start some sort of war here, but its ok i can handle the abuse! All i want to say is... are the graphics really that bad?? I'm loving this game and ive read soooo much bitching about the games graphics, but i'm sitting playing it thinking 'am i just stupid or does it actually look ok?'

Ok so it's a bit inconsistent perhaps. for example the japan and portugal stages look alot prettier than say germany or sweden. There's the odd rough texture and bit of glitchy scenery but look at f1 2010. That game got heaps of praise for its visuals but its FAR from faultless. non stop frame rate problems for one thing, whereas WRC runs at a smooth frame rate, the scenery is varied, and it conveys a sense of realism. No doubt its not as flashy as dirt 2 but personally i dont need fireworks every time i cross the line or someone saying 'hey cool race dude!' every time i go back to the menu screen.

This is just my opinion, no doubt i'll get ripped to bits but thats fine. Just find it a real injustice that people go so far as to say stuff like 'looks like a ps1 game!' this is utter bullshit. Get a ps1 rally game and run them both side by side and tell me they look the same. Anyways, just thought i'd put that out there.... Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For a game released 2010 for PS3 I consider this as crappy!

Even Colin McRae Dirt "1" released 2007 (very early in PS3 lifetime) is better in every aspect, graphics, gameplay, variety of scenery and so on. Far more interesting/appeling and realistic graphics.

If this was released as one of the 5 first games for the console I would accept it but not as far as late 2010 release.

I get vibes from Resistance in this games.. same dull styled graphics and it feels kinda unfinished in many parts.

I guess you guys are not experiencing this game in the same style as I do, on a big 50" screen .. must look pretty nice on a old 28" or if this is one of the first games you experience on the PS3.

Edited by jmz83

• 5 months later...

The start / end of a couple of the stages in France (straight stretch with houses on either side and a canal tunnel on the left after start) is just laughable. It looks like they just go bored or ran out of money. Having said all that the majority is pretty poor but this but really stuck out for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
When you play this through a HD HDMI cable the graphics aren't that bad but took my PS3 to my mums and played it in standard def and it sucks ! :eek:

I actually thought this might be what makes the difference. I've always thought the graphics are decent, I use a HD cable though.