Platinum Difficulty Rating

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 4.00

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

3/10

Pretty much all trophies are doable without any skill, you can adapt the settings towards your skill. People with no skill will get the online trophies eventually, but it just takes a little longer.

I guess the one that requires some kind of skill is the silver trophy for the Advanced WRC academy, but most people will get that eventually after keep on trying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I managed to obtain 31/51 trophies in just 6.5hrs roughly. The Road to WRC took the longest with at least 10hrs going into it. The Single Player championship can be done by skipping rally's if you have a lot more points than the competition and on Easy settings it's no worries.

I have to recommend doing the 2 ONLINE trophies first because at peak online hours, there's only 40 or so people at most so I recommend making the most of the online server while it's still up and running along with people...for winning 5 stages, just play in the smaller games for a better chance of winning.

Great, fun game to play. :)

Edited by thedarkness91

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I gave it a 4, would have been a 3. But so much of my life was wasted grinding XP and 'The road to the WRC' trophy. I enjoyed this game to start with, but in all honesty, out of the 35 platinums I have so far, this was the most boring, annoying, uninteresting and frustrating platinum achievement I have been able to get. :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would give it a 2, but I have a problem that forces me to give it a 10, if I can't solve it:

My online Lvl. is 6 and it doesn't matter if I play to Lvl. 8 or 15 - as soon as I quit the online, I'm back to Lvl. 6 with the exact same points as before.

I couldn't find any possibility to save online - is there ?

It would suck to have to play to Lvl. 20 in just one continuous session...

• 1 month later...
I would give it a 2, but I have a problem that forces me to give it a 10, if I can't solve it:

My online Lvl. is 6 and it doesn't matter if I play to Lvl. 8 or 15 - as soon as I quit the online, I'm back to Lvl. 6 with the exact same points as before.

I couldn't find any possibility to save online - is there ?

It would suck to have to play to Lvl. 20 in just one continuous session...

It's a bug with the gamespy servers and I'm pretty sure they won't fix it.

check the other topic "Online trophy for ranking up bug". I recently got the online trophies and plat the game but had to do 1 full sitting to get to level 20 and then drop back to level 3.

I'll probably try that when I have holiday after new year.

How long did it take you from Lvl 3 to 20 ?

I full day of playing ?

Yes from 11pm Saturday morning till 11 pm Saturday Night with some minimal breaks inbetween. I made use of WRC championships with rooms which had more drivers. When your playing with more players and come near the top you can get alot of exp per race and a big boost from the end of a championship.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

4/10.

Offline is pretty simple as there are no trophies relating to difficulty, so its easy enough to play on the easiest level (even though I played on the medium level and was still easily quicker than everyone else). There is a small grind, but thats ok as I love racing games .. but this game can't compete with the class of DIRT!

Online is trickier (non-boosting) as there are some very skilled players online, so XP and wins can be harder to come by .. unless you're one of those elite players.

• 1 month later...

5/10. Online is a long tedious grind because there aren't so many people online anymore and the ones that are seem to be really good. Xp is earned quickly in big 16 player championships but it's rare to have that many online at the same time. Took me around 200 stages to reach level 20 :mad: Offline is easy and boring as hell.

• 5 months later...