Best Rally Game Of All Time?

I have to pretty much agree with the original post here, this is a fantastic game. I can see me coming back to this after ive got the platinum just because the online is such a blast. Realism is spot on, IMO graphics are decent and nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe. No point doing the dirt 2 comparison as fun as it was, dirt was just an arcade game. This is a PROPER rally game. My only single disappointment is feeling a bit ripped of with the stages, they say 78 stages but it's actually more like 30, with slight variations of the same tracks over and over. But still, incredible game and well done milestone.

This is a pretty decent game, but repetitive as fuck!

The Road to WRC mode requires you to replay each stage multiple times, and the last level (WRC) has a staggering 78 stages, basically every stage on the game.

The gameplay overall is very good, but for trophy hunters this is a very tedious and repetitive plat to obtain.

Gets a 7/10 from me. And to answer the thread title, I'd have to say no. That honour goes to Dirt 2.

• 1 month later...

I like this game a lot and for a rally game it's pretty damn good but there are a couple of annoying issues like hitting objects when you clearly don't (usually when you get close to the edge of the road i.e poles).

Dirt 2 was a great game and highly enjoyable but I don't think you can compare the 2 games. They're both different with some similarities. I recommend picking up both if a person hasn't.

I agree, WRC Rally Evolved on PS2 was pretty awesome.

This platinum trophy is shorter....I can't remember how long it took me to finish Dirt 2 but the Tourney trophy took a month. After a really solid week of gaming (6hrs per day) I only need rank 20 online for this plat (I'm at 15). The Championships can all be done on Easy and the longest part of this game is potentially the Road to WRC as you have to finish EVERYTHING. Ranking up isn't too bad, just get into a 16 player championship, be in the top 8 and you can get loads of experience. :)

Edited by thedarkness91

I don't think it's the best rallygame ever made, but I find it very enjoyable to play. It's obviously harder than Dirt 2, which felt more arcade and especially more spectacular, but nonetheless I will be trying to get the Platinum Trophy anyway, cause allthough some obstacles can be annoying (like the rocks), I like playing it.

• 6 months later...

Richard Burns rally, closely followed by Colin Mcrae 2 are my favorite rally games. I am a massive rally fan, and being an official WRC licensed game I was made up with this, after not having an official game for a while.

I liked this to start with, then the 'Road to the WRC' dragged on an on an on, to the point where I could not be bothered! I reluctantly completed all solo play, after months of stop-starting, then I started online play... what a refreshing change- TO START WITH!!! Then surprise surprise, it as now become a chore to grind the XP! I've got probaly, just over an hour left until I get to level 20. (Currently on about 11 hours at level 19). Then this will probaly be the first disc I happily snap :mad:. Of course I understand that rallying is unforgiving with mistakes but this game kicks you when you are down. The co-driver would rather slag you off if you make a mistake, or tell you pointless information than tell you what corners are coming up! The matchmaking is awful, it'll put you in a lobby at level 3 with ten other playes that are level 60-100. You have no chance, I like a challenge but this can be so annoying at times. You can drive perfectly flat out, eyes streaming with concentration, and someone will wizz off and get 17 odd seconds from somewhere! And the collision detection in some places is just awful, a pea-sized stone will apparently be a huge boulder that stops you dead! Okay, I had my little rant now, all toys have vacated the pram... sorry to have gone on. To conclude, I'll happily never play this again once I've got the Platinum. :pout:

I got my 'level 20' and Platinum last night! As soon as it popped, I was out of there, another minute playing this would have done me! I've been gaming since the Commodore/Spectrum days and this was honestly the first time I have smashed a game up once it was done. The pleasure I got cracking that disk was better than the couple of quid I would have got for trading or selling it...

Edited by wazza1974

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It beggars belief that anyone would think that this was the best rally game ever. Or Dirt 2 for that matter. What is wrong with you? Are those the first rally games you have played? Especially Dirt 2; have you played Dirt 1 and seen the massive drop in quality as well as quantity in the races?

RBR, the original Colin McRae rallies on the PS1, heck even V-Rally. They all had more features and were way more realistic than those steaming piles of junk. Especially Colin McRae, which is what has devolved into Dirt - they still always have a tribute to him, the game is just called something else, because he is dead for quite some time now.

I'd go on to even former systems and consoles, but I can only think of racing games on them ATM, not rallying games.

NOW GET OFF MY LAWN.

• 2 weeks later...