Worms: Ultimate Mayhem DLC - Multiplayer Pack ~ Trophy Guide and Road Map

http://i.imgur.com/eqJLZ.png

Many thanks to ub40f for the image.

*This Trophy Guide and Road Map may only be posted on ps3trophies.org and must not be reproduced outside of this site without written permission from myself. If you see any part of this guide replicated elsewhere on the Internet without due credit, please contact me via PM by clicking here. Thank you.*

The second DLC pack for Worms: Ultimate Mayhem expands on the Multiplayer element of the game and adds five new maps available to play in the Deathmatch and Survivor modes. This DLC is strictly for Multiplayer only.

ROAD MAP:

- Estimated Platinum Difficulty: 4/10 (My estimate)

- Approximate Time To Complete: 5 -10 Hours

- Offline: None

- Online: (B) 3 (S) 2 (G) 1

- Missable Trophies: None

- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: N/A

- Difficulty Affects Trophies: No

- Glitched Trophies: None

The hardest thing about this new DLC Pack is actually getting into an online match with another player who has the DLC and then hoping that one of the new maps comes up. This is because the game does not have a “DLC Only” search option, meaning that the regular maps will appear more often than not in your searches. Due to the nature of this DLC trophy list, there isn’t really a set way to go about obtaining these trophies. You can unlock them in any order that you wish, therefore the Road Map will only centre around one step.

STEP ONE – PLAY THROUGH EACH OF THE NEW MAPS AND UNLOCK ALL SIX OF THE NEW TROPHIES - The vast majority of the DLC trophies require winning matches on the new maps (some under certain criteria,) and all five of them will need to be played. Despite being only a bronze, the I Love New (B) trophy for playing each map more than five times is technically the most time-consuming, as it will require completion of at least 30 games. If possible, you should try to obtain the other five trophies whilst working towards this one whilst taking note of the special victory criteria required for two of them. However, it should be noted that this trophy as well as the Davey Jones Returns (S) trophy can actually be obtained offline, so if these are your final two trophies, then you may wish to switch to this and save yourself the hassle of hoping that the map you need comes up online.

After this step, you would have obtained all six of the new trophies, these being:

(B) Alexander The Worm

(B) Join Me Luke

(B) I Love New

(S) Dedicated Ranker

(S) Davey Jones Returns

(G) Feel The Power Of The Darkside

TROPHY GUIDE:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/3DF.jpg Alexander The Worm (B)

Win an online match on each of the new maps.

This trophy is rather self-explanatory. You need to win at least one match on the following maps:

• Towering Infernal
  • Hard Day’s Knight
  • End Of The Line
  • 1,001 Fights
  • Tyranno-Saw-Us

The trophy does not specify which game mode these victories need to be made in, so it doesn’t matter whether you play Deathmatch or Survivor. Remember to play a tactical game, as this is what Worms is all about. Make use of your environment and don’t use all of your powerful weapons at once – you never know when you might need them later on in the match to get yourself out of a tricky situation.

This trophy can be obtained in a Custom (Unranked) Match, however I would advise against this and suggest that you play Ranked Deathmatches instead. If you do so, then you’ll be able to obtain the Dedicated Ranker (S) trophy at the same time as this one.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/2F9.jpg Join Me Luke (B)

Win a ranked Deathmatch on a new map with at least 1 Worm ending with more health than they started with.

Firstly, it should be noted that you cannot obtain this trophy in a Custom Match, as these are Unranked.

In order to have a worm end with more health than they started with, you’re going to need to pick up a health crate and ensure that it raises your worm’s HP to more than 100. In a standard game, health crates are almost certain to be deployed at least once per match. As soon as this happens, I would recommend that you pick it up with a worm that has full health and then keep him well protected from enemy fire. Try to move to a well hidden position that offers shelter from long range weaponry such as Airstrikes and Homing Missiles. Remember that you will also need to win the match, so try to use your hidden worm to provide support if you can, as you don’t want to isolate him completely and leave yourself at a disadvantage.

The Bubble Trouble utility and Sentry Gun weapon are both great ways to protect yourself, so consider using these if your opponent starts to turn their attention towards your worm. Don’t worry if your worm does get hit however – as long as you win the match and he has MORE than 100 health, then you’ll meet the criteria. You could have 101 health left and the trophy would still unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/BE9.jpg I Love New (B)

Play each new map more than 5 times, all modes count.

As stated in the Road Map, this is likely to be the last trophy that you obtain due to the fact that it requires a minimum of 30 games to be played. Please note that the description states that each new map needs to be played MORE than five times, so a minimum of six is required for each. It should also be noted that the game does not tell you the number of times that each map has been played, so I would suggest that you keep a track of this yourself. It doesn’t matter whether you win or lose the matches played on these maps – as long as you complete the match, then it will count towards the trophy.

The new maps that you’ll need to play on are as follows:

• Towering Infernal
  • Hard Day’s Knight
  • End Of The Line
  • 1,001 Fights
  • Tyranno-Saw-Us

This trophy can actually be obtained offline in Local Play, so you may wish to switch to this to speed things up. Thanks to MrMinderbinder for confirming this.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/0DD.jpg Dedicated Ranker (S)

Can you rise to the challenge and win a Ranked Deathmatch on every new map?

This is very similar to the Alexander The Worm (B) trophy, and it is possible to obtain both of these at the same time. The only differences with this trophy are that the victories must come from playing Deathmatch only, and the game must be Ranked (i.e. no Custom Matches.) Remember to play a tactical game, as this is what Worms is all about. Make use of your environment and don’t use all of your powerful weapons at once – you never know when you might need them later on in the match to get yourself out of a tricky situation.

As a reminder, here are the maps that you will need to win on:

• Towering Infernal
  • Hard Day’s Knight
  • End Of The Line
  • 1,001 Fights
  • Tyranno-Saw-Us

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/CAC.jpg Davey Jones Returns (S)

Drown 20 Worms across any of the new maps.

This trophy is likely to come naturally as you’re working towards the five plays on each map, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Weapons such as the Fire Punch and Baseball Bat are best for drowning enemy worms, although a well placed Bazooka or Grenade shot can be just as effective. If you wish to speed this up a bit, then I suggest playing a match with four players as these will involve more worms, thus giving you more opportunities to drown them. You can also try for it offline in Local Play.

Remember that only the following maps will count towards this trophy:

• Towering Infernal
  • Hard Day’s Knight
  • End Of The Line
  • 1,001 Fights
  • Tyranno-Saw-Us

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1141/ABA.jpg Feel The Power Of The Darkside (G)

Win a Ranked match with two or more worms remaining on each new map.

This trophy can be tricky if you don’t play a tactical game, although rest assured that it’s very possible that it’ll simply come naturally as you work towards the I Love New (B) trophy. In order to give yourself the best chance at obtaining this trophy, I suggest that you play a three or four player game. Whilst it can be argued that these games will be harder to win, they will also give you the best chance at keeping at least two of your worms alive. This is because your opponents may focus on each other rather than you, especially if your worms are far away from the action.

Try to find a nice hiding spot that will still offer you chances to engage in combat. The Bubble Trouble utility and Sentry Gun weapon are both a fantastic way to protect yourself, and will ensure that enemies stay away from you. Keep your worms separated, as this is more likely to draw attention away from them, and remember that the match needs to be Ranked in order to count. If you’re having trouble with this one, then you may wish to consult the Trophy Boosting Thread should you require further assistance.

As previously stated, these are the maps that you will need to obtain this victory criterion on:

• Towering Infernal
  • Hard Day’s Knight
  • End Of The Line
  • 1,001 Fights
  • Tyranno-Saw-Us

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the guide.

Does an opponent surrendering count as a win for these trophies? i.e. in Feel The Power Of The Darkside does an opponent surrendering count as the win if they surrender on every map or does it have to be an actual victory?

Edited by xvart

Thanks for the guide.

Does an opponent surrendering count as a win for these trophies? i.e. in Feel The Power Of The Darkside does an opponent surrendering count as the win if they surrender on every map or does it have to be an actual victory?

They can quit the game or surrender and it counts as a win for you. :)

• 4 years later...