Worms 2: Armageddon - Puzzle Tips

Dark_Phantom_89

This thread contains a walkthrough for the various puzzles in the campaign. Please note that the methods described below are how I managed to complete the puzzles, and that there may be more than one way of finishing them.

PUZZLE TIPS:

This section contains information on how to complete the various Puzzles throughout the campaign. Please note that the methods described are how I completed the puzzle, so there may be more than one way of finishing them.

Puzzle 1 (Mission 3)

Difficulty: Easy

Time Limit: Unlimited

All you need to do for this one is plant a Mine to the left of your worm and wait until it detonates. The explosion will send you flying over to the right into the second mine, which will then push you into the portal.

Puzzle 2 (Mission 6)

Time Limit: 1 Minute

This is a very basic Jet Pack Puzzle and shouldn't cause you too much trouble. Simply follow the maze and use the Analog stick to navigate around the map. You should have plenty of time to complete this.

Puzzle 3 (Mission 8)

You'll need to hurt one of your own worms in order to complete this puzzle. Simply fire punch him onto the island below with the barrel and enemy worm. In the next turn, use the Kamikaze (make sure to aim it at the enemy worm) and send them both flying into the water.

Puzzle 4 (Mission 12)

Time Limit: 2 Minutes

You'll have plenty of time to complete this puzzle, so don't worry if you mess up a little. Use the D-Pad to move the crosshair to the desired location, and press :cross: to activate the Ninja Rope - if successful, you'll attach to the landscape. When attached, use the Analog stick either to swing left or right or lower yourself down. When detaching the rope, you'll need to be quick - press :cross: to detach and then quickly press :cross: again to attach it to a new surface.

When starting, make sure to attach the rope to the ceiling and lower yourself down. Now, you'll need to swing and attach it to the bottom of the blade that you started on. Lower yourself down again, and swing and attach to the bottom of the next blade. You'll be nearing the floor now, but should try to carry on using the Rope if possible. Simply swing across using the blade as your attach point. You'll need to travel back up now, so remember to use the Analog stick to wing, :cross: to detach the Rope, and :cross: again to attach it to a new surface. You'l be on the ceiling again now, and you're nearly done. Simply repeat the steps mentioned - move along the ceiling, and lower yourself down once more using the blades as attach points. Lower yourself right onto the floor and walk to the portal.

Puzzle 5 (Mission 15)

Difficulty: Medium

This puzzle requires you to fly the Jet Pack to the end location, however you'll have Sentry Guns trying to target you. The trick here is to keep moving and not slow down, so the guns can't get a lock on you. You have unlimited fuel here, so you don't need to worry about it running out. Simply follow the path until you reach the first set of guns - you'll need to fly down and keep pressing down on the Analog stick so the Sentries can't target you. Youll be nearing ome water now, and will need to fly across it. Be careful at this part, and stick as close to the ceiling as possible.

You're almost done now, but this is the hardest part. You'll need to fly up past the second set of Sentry Guns and right into the portal. It is important here that you keep holding up on the Analog stick and don't slow down. If you slow down even for a second, then the guns will get a lock on you and shoot you back down. There's a small gap which you'll need to fly into, so take some time to familiarise yourself with its location. Once in, simply walk to the portal.

Puzzle 6 (Mission 18)

You'll be getting to grips with the Electromagnet here. This weapon will either repel or attract metallic objects that are near it (such as mines.) Start the puzzle, and lay the Electromagnet down exactly where you start from - make sure that you don't move. The magnet should repel the mine away and into the enemy worm. However, you're not done yet - chances are that the damage from the mine has left the enemy worm with 1 health. Simply teleport to his location and use the Fire Punch to kill him. The enemy doesn't take turns here, so there's no worry of him shooting you.

Puzzle 7 (Mission 21)

Difficulty: Medium

This one can be tricky, and may take some trial and error to complete. Have a look at the enemy worm's location - he's well dug in. Slightly above him, you'll see a part of the landscape "sticking out." Place a Girder in the vertical position above this - you'll see why later. Select the Girder from your Inventory and press :square: to rotate it. Once you have moved it to the desired location, press :cross: to plant it. Next, have a look at the entrance of the enemy worm's tunnel. Place a second Girder at the 22 degree angle (the one right before the vertical angle) slightly to the left of this and above the floor - don't block the tunnel entrance.

This is the hardest part - you'll need to use your Super Sheep to blow up a mine and send it flying into the tunnel. Use the right Analog stick to have a look in the top right hand corner of the landscape - see that target? That's what you need to aim for. Select the Super Sheep from your Inventory, and press :cross: to deploy it. Once deployed, press :cross: again to make it take to the skies. You'll need to use the Analog stick to navigate here - fly over to the right, and then up to the target. Be careful of the wall here, as if you hit it you'll have to restart.

Try to hit the exact middle of the target, as this will provide the best chance of the mine entering the enemy tunnel. If done correctly, the mine will fly off and be guided along by the Electromagnets. This is where your planted Girders come in - they were designed to let the mine bounce off of them and not fly off course. The 22 degree one will be the most important here. The mine should hit it and the degree of the Girder will guide it into the tunnel, acting as a funnel. The mine will bounce along and hit the enemy worm. Upon impact, this will open up the ground to three more mines, which will all explode, killing the enemy. As previously mentioned, this one will take a bit of trial and error, as you'll have to plant the Girders correctly and hit the target in the right place.

Puzzle 8 (Mission 24)

Difficulty: Hard

This Ninja Rope puzzle is one of the harder ones, and you'll really need to race against the clock to complete this one. Start by aiming your Ninja Rope straight up and attaching it to the bottom of the anvil sticking out of the wall. After that, swing over to the left and attach to the landscape, paying careful attention to the mine. You'll need to swing over the right now and land on top of the anvil. Now that you're on the top, have a look at the landscape on your left - there's a steep hill, but it can be landed on by your worm. Attach your rope to this and land on this section. Now, you'll want to shoot your rope up again and attach it to the bottom of the second anvil. Repeat the same steps as previously mentioned in order to reach the top.

Now, you've got the trickiest bit out of the way, but the timer will be ticking here, so you'll need to get a move on. Once on top of the anvil, aim your rope straight up and attach it to the ceiling. Swing to the right and make your way over to the top left hand corner of the map, but be careful of the mines here - although they won't kill you, they will waste valuable time if you detonate them.

You'll need to lower yourself down using the techniques mentioned in Puzzle 4. Use the anvils and landscape to attach the rope and slowly abseil your way down, but remember to swing to gain enough momentum upon detachment. The portal can be a little tricky to see here due to the camera angle, but if you stick to the right when lowering yourself down, then you won't fall into the water. Once down, walk to the portal to complete the Puzzle. There's not a lot of margin for error here - each time I have completed this Puzzle, I've had under 10 seconds left on the clock.

Puzzle 9 (Mission 27)

Time Limit: 2 Minutes

You'll have to take some fall damage in order to complete this puzzle. Start by building a Girder roughly halfway between your current position and the Electromagnet platform blow, and jump down onto it. Next, drop from this Girder onto the platform and collect the Parachute. You'll need to use this in order to reach the next section over to the right. Select the Parachute from your Inventory and move to the edge of the platform and jump off of it - you must activate the Parachute early here by pressing :cross: and hold the Analog stick to the left in order to guide yourself along.

You'll collect a Weapon Crate here, but you won't need to use it, so continue along the platform and place a Girder leading to the small asteroid. Use this Girder to reach the asteroid and collect the last Utility Crate - a Ninja Rope. Attach it to the enemy platform and walk to the portal - you don't need to kill the enemy worm here, so don't worry about it.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89
Update

Puzzle 10 (Mission 30)

Difficulty: Hard

You have three worms for this, but will need to sacrifice two of them. As you can see, there is a Utility Crate towards the left and right of the landscape, and you must collect both of these. Using your first worm, drop down and collect the crate to the left - the Sentry Gun will kill you here, and unfortunately, this is unavoidable. Repeat for your second worm, but collect the crate over to the right. Again, you'll be killed by the Sentry Gun - nothing you can do about that.

You should now have a Pneumatic Drill and a Ninja Rope. Using your final worm, move over to the right but don't drop down. You need to jump off and attach your Ninja Rope to the satellite whole you're in the air, and before you drop to the ground. Upon attachment, you need to quickly swing to the right and lower yourself down before the Sentry Gun gets a lock on you - if it does, then it's Game Over.

This next section is perhaps one of the hardest in the entire game. You need to move along the left of the spherical landscape and enter the "tube" leading to the Weapon Crate in the middle. You'll notice that you are dangerously close to the bottom of the screen here and thus instant death. You need to slowly move along, but make sure that your rope is very short. Detach and reattach with a short rope and gradually make your way along the bottom - don't swing too much or you'll hit the bottom of the screen. When you can't move left any more, you need to preapre to attach to the tube. Swing to the left, and instantly press :cross: If done correctly, you'll attach to the left side of the tube and be able to pull yourself up a little. Please note, that this does take some practice, so don't expect to do it first time - you need to learn to time your attachment and activate it at the right moment.

Now that you're in the tube, swing over to the right, detach and reattach. You should now have moved up a little and over to the right side of the tube. Repeat this process to pull yourself up, but swing over to the left this time. Eventually, you will attach to the core ceiling of the landscape. Make sure that you reamin attached. Don't let go yet, as there's a great chance of you slipping off and dying. While still attached, you need to collect the Weapon Crate and extend your rope so that your worm is now where the crate used to be. Extend it until you cannot move your worm any more, and then detach. It's very slippery where you are, so without proper care, you would have fallen to your death.

You've done the hardest part now, so the rest should be a breeze. Use the Pneumatic Drill to dig your way down into the landscape. This seems silly I know, but you will need to provide yourself with sufficient cover here, and the drill will do just that. Once you've drilled into the landscape, use the weapon that you picked up from the crate - Puzzle Complete.

If you're having trouble with this puzzle, you can also try this alternate method provided courtesy of Ed-_-

I just found this method and I couldn't find it written about anywhere else on the internet so I thought I would share it here:

With your first worm head to the right and stand on the oil drum furthest to the right. Try to get as far right on the drum as possible but don't fall off it. This should draw the fire of the sentry gun and kill this worm. When your worm explodes it should do enough damage to kill the worm to the left. When this worm dies its explosion needs to be near enough to the next oil drum so that it triggers a chain reaction. In the end all of the worms should die apart from yours which starts with 30HP.

In pratice this doesn't work everytime. Quite often you kill all the worms including your own. This hardest part to this method is getting the chain reaction to start by having the first enemy's worm exploding near enough the second oil drum from the right.

If you can get the chain reaction to start I have found it works about every 5 goes, I found it much easier than using the rope method anyway ;)

Update

Puzzle 11 (Mission 32)

Difficulty: Very Hard

Time Limit: 5 Minutes

This is another difficult mission, as although you have 5 Minutes to complete it, the enemy worm will start using Airstrikes on you after 2 Minutes, which makes things much harder. Start the mission by moving along and backflip onto the first small building. Detonate both of the mines here (you’ll have to be quick) and retreat back to the left – you'll get hit a little but it'll save yourself having to waste a Girder to get past them. If for some reason the blast sends you into the water, don't despair – this mission can be done with only one worm (and is actually easier in some ways.)

Use your next turn to make your way up to the hole created by the mines exploding. Chances are that you won’t be able to backflip up the building and past this, so place a Girder and rotate it to a suitable angle (22 degrees left is the best.) Afterwards, you'll be able to reach the top of the building, but take note of the Mines in between all of the buildings - you'll need to place Girders along here to get past them. It's very likely that by the time you place the second Girder, the enemy worm will start using Airstrikes on you - note that if both of your worms get knocked into the Mines, then you'll be trapped and need to restart the mission. Try your best to keep both of your worms apart - if they get hit by the same Airstrike, this will cause massive problems.

Be careful at this point, and keep moving forward - if you stop, then you'll just be killed. Replace any Girders that may have been destroyed by the Airstrike and make your way to the final building. Be careful as your drop down and don't jump. You won't take any fall damage here, so you can simply walk down and get your revenge on the enemy by Fire Punching him into the water. It may take a few tries to complete this Puzzle, as it all depends where the enemy lands his Airstrikes and which portions of your Girders are destroyed.

Puzzle 12 (Mission 33)

Difficulty: Very Hard

Time Limit: 3 Minutes

It should be noted that this mission is much easier if you can keep both of your worms alive, however it can still be done with only one.

Firstly, you're going to need to get rid of most of the Sentry Guns blocking your way on the map – problem is that you only have 3 Mines in your Inventory, so you'll going to have to take some damage. The Sentry Guns are extremely annoying and will lock on and shoot you as soon as you get anywhere near them, sending you back where you came from and hurting you. However, there is a little technique you can try here which will buy you a little more time and prevent them from being able to shoot you...

Start the mission by building a girder so that you can get to the first Sentry Gun. Remember to rotate and place it at a suitable angle. Next, make your way up the Girder and select your Mine. As soon as you are level with the Sentry Gun, immediately plant the Mine a little to the left of it, walk towards the gun and STOP in the middle of it. The interesting thing about Sentry Guns is that as soon as you use a weapon, they will automatically start the "locking-on" procedure again, giving you a few vital seconds to escape their tracking. Not only this, but if you stand in the middle of them, they cannot target you at all.

You should have detonated the Mine here, which will destroy the Sentry Gun, but will send you flying in the process, and possibly taking fire from the other Sentry Guns too. You will land depending on where you placed the Mine, but the IDEAL place to land is right in between the 3rd and 4th Sentry Guns. However, if you landed beside the weapon crate and it was NOT destroyed, then this is also fine. If you landed on the first tree, were shot by the 2nd and 3rd Sentry Guns and stayed there, or the 4th Gun destroyed the weapon crate and sent you underneath the tree, then restart the mission.

Back with your other worm, climb up the Girder and backflip onto the tree with the 2nd Sentry Gun. Plant another Mine and wait for it to start flashing, but this time, make your way over to the right and take cover in the little alcove in the tree. You'll get shot a little here, but the Mine will destroy the Sentry Gun before it does any major damage. This next section will be split into two sections depending on where your other worm landed after destroying the 1st Sentry Gun. Have a read of the relevant section:

IF YOUR WORM LANDED IN BETWEEN THE 3RD AND 4TH SENTRY GUN:

Make your way over to the right and position yourself as far along to the right as you can (you should be right above the 4th Sentry Gun.) Jump onto the next tree – you'll get shot a little, but you won't die.

IF YOUR WORM LANDED NEXT TO THE WEAPON CRATE:

You're effectively trapped by the 4th Sentry Gun now - there's no way to get back to the tree above or below without getting shot at each time, so you might as well go out with a bang and make things a little easier for your other worm. Pick up the crate and use the Kamikaze to destroy the 4th Sentry Gun.

Back with your other worm, move along to the right and trigger the mine which is next to the 3rd Sentry Gun. When it’s flashing, retreat back to the left and wait for it to destroy the gun. If this is your only worm, then you'll need to move along and jump over to the tree which is past the 4th Sentry Gun – if not, then you'll already be here with your other worm. You need to move along the right of the tree (you'll get shot a few times, but the Sentry Gun will not be able to target you if you reach a certain part of the tree.)

You'll notice a Utility Crate on the rock below you, which is guarded by the 5th and final Sentry Gun. This is the hardest part of the mission and requires good timing and judgement to pull off. You should have 1 more Mine in your Inventory now, so select it and prepare yourself. You need to jump off of the tree and onto the rock below. You need to land in between the Sentry Gun and Utility Crate – DO NOT collect the crate or you'll either fall off or get shot into the water. If you get it right, the gun will shoot you, but the crate will stop you from falling in.

If you have another worm still alive, simply use this turn to get to the tree above the 5th Sentry Gun, but don't jump off. Back with your other worm, you need to be quick – you'll have the Mine automatically selected, so as soon as it's your turn, immediately plant it, collect the crate and retreat to the left as quickly as possible. The gun will shoot you into the ditch below, but the Mine detonation will destroy it.

You've almost done it now. Select the parachute and using either worm, make your way across the water and into the portal. Remember to activate the parachute straight away when you’re in the air by pressing :cross: after you have jumped, and to guide it along by holding the Analog stick to the right.

Update