how do you get coins?

Melia

I played through worms 2 a long time ago, and completed the 30 missions. I spent all the coins on stuff, but didnt buy missions 31-35, or the extra weapons. I now want to buy these, but cant work out how you unlock more coins? I have played through the DLC packs and they dont unlock them, and re-doing the missions doesnt seem to give you any either.

Unfortunately, the 1.01 patch has glitched those five missions and they remain locked even if you're previously purchased them. You should have enough money by the end of Mission 30 to buy everything.

You'll notice that the 1.01 patch has also made a new save file for you, which shows you as having a crazy amount of games played (1,000,000+) A possible way around this is to back up both of these saves, and then delete BOTH of them from your PS3. After, put your backed up OLD save (i.e. the one that doesn't have the ridiculously high number of games played) back on and decline the patch. Hopefully you should have your money back again.

I'm not completely sure if this method will work, which is why I must stres again that you back up both of these saves before attempting this.

Unfortunately, the 1.01 patch has glitched those five missions and they remain locked even if you're previously purchased them. You should have enough money by the end of Mission 30 to buy everything.

You'll notice that the 1.01 patch has also made a new save file for you, which shows you as having a crazy amount of games played (1,000,000+) A possible way around this is to back up both of these saves, and then delete BOTH of them from your PS3. After, put your backed up OLD save (i.e. the one that doesn't have the ridiculously high number of games played) back on and decline the patch. Hopefully you should have your money back again.

I'm not completely sure if this method will work, which is why I must stres again that you back up both of these saves before attempting this.

Thanks for your help, but i did complete mission 30, but still dont have enough coins. I have the trophy for completing all the missions, but i still have quite a bit to buy (missions 31-35, all the extra weapons, 2 landscapes).

Hmm then I'm genuinely stumped. You should have had enough money to get everything after Mission 30. I'd suggest you try my back up and delete method from earlier and see if that helps.

Its odd, because its not like im just missing a few coins, i still have quite alot to buy. All the weapons, all the gravestones, all the extra missions, and a couple of the landscapes.

I found this: need more coins, still stuff to buy - Worms 2: Armageddon - GameSpot Forums

Somebody else with the same problem i think.

same thing happened to me. i downloaded the new patch and campaign 1-5 were locked and i know i bought them before, i could only play mission 31 and after beating it i didnt get any credits. i deleted the new save file, re-installed the game and declined the patch, it worked but now i need to beat mission 31 again :p

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I have only 20 cash left and still need to buy 150 worth of goods.

I still had my 1-year-old demo save file on which I had completed the first 7 missions. When I bought the full game, I immediately started from mission 8, not thinking about the money, but I know I had 90 cash when I started mission 8. Maybe that is the problem. Also worth mentioning is that I only bought the game after the patch, together with the dlc's.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just reached level 29 in the Campaign and will hopefully beat it and level 30 today. If I do, am I likely to have any issues with my save file or with accessing the final 5 levels? Some of the levels in the game were a pain to beat, especially level 24, and I really don't want to have to start again when I'm so close to the end.

I have a USB stick and can back up my save file, so hopefully I can work around it. If I were to back up my save, then uninstall the game, and then reinstall it and decline the patch/update, hopefully things will go fairly smoothly?

• 1 month later...
This is a little confusing since i havent played.

Should i decline the patch and everything will be fine or does the patch fix something?

I am going to start soon since i bought this on sale.

I believe that the latest patch has now fixed these issues, so updating to that should be fine.