Rate the trophy difficulty  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_gold_6.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.90

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

It's humbling to know that you've gotten rusty in your old age. I used to get up to the dragon castle in no time and get all confused about the ruby and the bell when I was a kid, like, often. And now? "Get a PERFECT bonus." HOW!? ...definitely humbling. Rated it a 7 because I went in expecting to kill it and found it to be just like all the other nostalgia purchases: a serious challenge without a decent amount of prep. Use save states often.

Keep in mind that most of us probably remember this game from the SMS.

This is the arcade version and it's alot harder then the SMS version.

Not that I didn't play it on the arcade machines back in the day, but I was lucky to get past the mushroom boss before I ran out of coins.

I'm only on level 5 now but after spending almost 2hrs trying to beat that bloody kraken I'm gonna have to say this is one of the hardest games I've ever played on my PS3! I'm not gonna vote yet as its too soon but it's shaping up to be a solid 9 for me...

Btw, is there a limit to how much magic you can carry? Also, I've just beaten the kraken and am at the start of level 5 with only one heart left, no magic and 56,000 points. How many levels are there and do I stand any chance of reaching 400,000 pints for the trophy?! After the kraken I'm pretty much dreading any future boss fights but I'll keep trying lol

I really don't remember this being so damn hard when I was a kid!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wonder Boy in Monster Land trophy difficulty (with guides) 3

Wonder Boy in Monster Land trophy difficulty (without guides) 9

Looks like that save anywhere save state system's done it again!

This game was ALOT easier on the Sega Master System and considering that this is actually its arcade counterpart I'm not surprised @ the spike in difficulty. Damn, if this game did not have the S.A.S.S.S.. Oh boy. Headache! Since it does though, it cripples the game severely. GOOD! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I voted 8 because indeed if you didn't abuse save states -- GOOD LUCK! Not only that but without the wiggle tactic, I think it would almost make it next to impossible to purchase all the legendary equipment.

For a game that only cost a buck with PS Plus -- safe to say I got my money's worth, and hey this little gem put me over trophy level 24 xD

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Getting 100% on Wonder Boy in Wonder Land is easy as long you use the save state option, though remember this Sega game came out in 1987 and so this means the controls are a little unforgiving at times, you have to be spot on with some of the platforming action. Otherwise great, can't wait to get 100% on the other "Wonder Boy" games that have been released and the future ones that are coming out soon, see links.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap Wonder Boy: The Dragon

Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom Monster Boy and The Cursed Kingdom Explores 16 Minutes Of The Game

http://i62.tinypic.com/2i1owlf.jpg

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Strider-Cloud.png

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

When I first played this game I found it very frustrating, especially with the timer counting down that causes you to lose health when it runs out. I played this after finishing Monster World and that game was pretty simple, so it was a shock to see how different this one was. I struggled at first but then watched playthroughs on Youtube and I began to get the hang of it. I didn't worry about the timer so much and while I still rushed through a level I didn't rush in a way that led to mistakes or health loss. Then once I started getting the different armors that eased the difficulty. I'd say the game takes patience and maybe there's an element of a learning curve to get the hang of things, but overall I'd give it a 4/10.

• 4 months later...