Can you still get the multiplayer trophies?

jstup17

I am currently in the middle of moving to I have no Internet. I just popped this game in after giving up on the final boss and finally actually beat him on uber. I was jw if I can still get the online trophies. If so ill see to the boosting thread for partners.

Yes, the servers are still active. I ran a couple of games early on in the week, and running for 10 minutes at a time to ensure that, even if the connection went down, nobody lost too much in terms of time and money. But yeah, even then I only got about $9000, which is a drop in the bucket of the $340K+ that I still need to get. The only real way to get enough money appears to be TO boost, which means essentially running Hospital, running into the middle, and alternately shooting each other, which is a little boring. Or, doing the 1 Engineer/2 Medics option, and have the Engineer shoot the two medics and have the medics alternately revive each other and give each other medical packs, if you have 3 people (aka the Trophy Roadmap method). That'll give you a ton of money, but it means having 3 people.

More than happy if you want to add me, but I will say it'll be tough getting everything for this without boosting, and I have had issues with people friending only to 'glitch' their way to the trophy, which I just don't feel comfortable doing. I am willing to boost, but I do want it to be a legitimate, "I actually got this by earning the money" level 50 if I can at all help it.

Actually, now that I think about it, that is probably THE worst of all of them, just because of the time involved. Second worst would be the "Run-gineer," because it's iffy, and then the "Surgical Striker," since the recharge on takes so long and it's incredibly easy to dodge away from without boosting.

From what I've heard you do not want to get this game in the first place.

Eh, matter of taste. This AND Duke Nukem Forever got excoriated in the press, but I actually enjoyed playing Wolfenstein (and didn't hate Duke Nukem Forever...flawed, yes, but I also hadn't been eagerly awaiting its release for 14 years, either). I actually like the simplicity of the multiplayer in it...it's pretty easy to pick it up and go without having to learn tons of strategy or worry about 50 million types of weapon loadouts and powerups. It's one of the few MP games where, despite the toughness of getting the trophies, I actually enjoy playing the MP just for the sake of it. Trouble is, the days of having 12 player matches running around in Tesla or the Hospital are long gone, and it was pretty fun while it lasted.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Is anyone still boosting or have the servers been shut down? I might rent this in the near future if the online trophies are still obtainable. I just found out the servers got shut down for Ghostbusters so I'm forever stuck at 91% and I don't want that happening again. OCD is a bitch.

well what I usually do with a game i'm unsure of is to create another account to 'try' games out. once you're using the new account, try out the online play and see if the game is to your liking. if you hate it, no impossible trophy list in your current account and can save time knowing about the servers, win win. :)

• 11 months later...
Eh, matter of taste. This AND Duke Nukem Forever got excoriated in the press, but I actually enjoyed playing Wolfenstein (and didn't hate Duke Nukem Forever...flawed, yes, but I also hadn't been eagerly awaiting its release for 14 years, either). I actually like the simplicity of the multiplayer in it...it's pretty easy to pick it up and go without having to learn tons of strategy or worry about 50 million types of weapon loadouts and powerups. It's one of the few MP games where, despite the toughness of getting the trophies, I actually enjoy playing the MP just for the sake of it. Trouble is, the days of having 12 player matches running around in Tesla or the Hospital are long gone, and it was pretty fun while it lasted.

You are right on here. We boosted all the mp not long ago. Glad that we got that done. Working on the campaign and really enjoy the game.

• 1 month later...

I got my plat today, so i can say yes it is still possible as of May 2014.

While i didn't meet for an arranged boost, i did meet players in-game doing the same for some of the more grindy trophies for kills & resurrections.

Other than that there is still enough people playing this game to make it possible to complete, while not a huge community, i met 50 unique players over the period of 1 week which is how long it took me to finish the online.

Really quite fun although i'm done killing nazis, or getting blown to smithereens by the lesser speckled satchel charge ! lol :D

Edited by Formless11

I got my plat today, so i can say yes it is still possible as of May 2014.

While i didn't meet for an arranged boost, i did meet players in-game doing the same for some of the more grindy trophies for kills & resurrections.

Other than that there is still enough people playing this game to make it possible to complete, while not a huge community, i met 50 unique players over the period of 1 week which is how long it took me to finish the online.

Really quite fun although i'm done killing nazis, or getting blown to smithereens by the lesser speckled satchel charge ! lol :D

Thanks for the heads up!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

march 4

Multiplayer still works but you have to use the "FIND GAME" option to get into multiplayer games. It won't work if you use the "QUICK MATCH" option.

My friend got all trophies done last week. I am busy with my last trophy of the multiplayer.

Boosting is needed cause there are few players online. You need 3 people to get all the Multiplayer trophies. Good Luck

march 4

Multiplayer still works but you have to use the "FIND GAME" option to get into multiplayer games. It won't work if you use the "QUICK MATCH" option.

My friend got all trophies done last week. I am busy with my last trophy of the multiplayer.

Boosting is needed cause there are few players online. You need 3 people to get all the Multiplayer trophies. Good Luck

Well let me tell you the explaination. I go at "FIND GAME" and there's the "Working" loading screen. Then, it says the "Service aunavailable at this moment. Please try later"... Then I can't do anything. I must go back to the main menu and go to multiplayer again. No matter what I do, it will always do the same. I wonder if it's the US servers are down... :(

Can anyone help me..? :(

Edited by Maxl654

The servers for this game have always been garbage and there was a point a few years back were no-one could get into any matches for a good few days but the problem righted itself soon afterwards :). This game was never particularly popular online and the small player base has only decreased as the years have gone by so I'd be amazed if there was anyone still playing legit. Your best bet is to get a group together and boost the hell out of the online trophies, a friend of mine did just that a few months ago and got all of them pretty quickly :).

Edited by Terminator
Added extra info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...