Is it worth it?

Moose_PS3T

• 4 weeks later...
This is where it all began for the FPS. Its worth playing for that reason alone. A bona fide gaming classic, and there are few enough of those.

Every gamer should play this at least once.

This, and don't forget Blake Stone, just as good but Wolfenstein was released about the same time and outshined the other game. Both are by ID and both great classics though, I just got W 3D tonight. :cool:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
if you remember the old Hallway screen saver for windows, thats what you should expect. haha. it def. a staple. i recommend it to any REAL GAMER

lol, nice comparison, actually.

ThundarBryce is right on the money, though... if you consider yourself a real gamer, you need to play this game. It's like being a film student who hasn't seen "Citizen Kane", or a pothead who hasn't seen "Up In Smoke".

• 2 months later...

I think it's pretty good game for the price. I never played the original either, but I'm likin this game. It does cause a little motion sickness, so I'd suggest playing at a fairly long distance like 6 ft. from the tv or something like that. I got sick of the music of this game so I use my psp to listen to my own. The trophies are pretty easy as well, just save often when you're in good health and solid amount of ammo and keep continuing that way and save some more otherwise you'd have to start the entire episode over again and trust me buddy it feels not so great. It'll take a little while. Good luck!!:D

lol, nice comparison, actually.

ThundarBryce is right on the money, though... if you consider yourself a real gamer, you need to play this game. It's like being a film student who hasn't seen "Citizen Kane", or a pothead who hasn't seen "Up In Smoke".

Yeah if I recall correctly Wolfenstein 3D is the original and VERY FIRST shooter. This caused quite a sensation back in the day. Not quite so much as Doom which, by the way, was made by the same developers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...