Road Map

Overview

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 3.9/ 10

-Offline: 12 (1(G), 2(S), 9(B))

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 6-10 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable trophies: None

-Glitched trophies: None

-Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheat codes.

Ah, flashback to a simpler time when enemies were 2D, there wasn’t much of a story in games, there were no cutscenes, speech is limited to “Mein leben!!”, and you couldn’t look up and down. Here is the first real defining first person shooter in all it’s outdated glory. The level design is extremely basic by today’s standards, since almost all of the levels consist of “find key(s), find exit.” It’s still an absolute blast to play and reminds of staying up late at night, booting up DOS, and blasting away Nazis on my old 286 PC.

The first thing you want to do before starting your play through on Bring ‘Em On is to get five trophies in one level. This is easily done on the first level of Episode 1, Escape from Wolfenstein. Set the difficulty to I am Death Incarnate, and finish the level. If you follow the video provided with “Clean out the Castle”, you’ll also get “None Left Standing,” “You Are Death Incarnate,” “Hey, That Wall Moves,” and “One of Many.” You’ll get those five trophies for less than five minutes of play time.

After getting these five achievements on the first level, exit the game and start a new one. This time, set the difficulty to Bring ‘Em On. The individual episode trophies have the difficulty listed as Don’t Hurt Me or higher, but the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy is for completing all the episodes on Bring ‘Em On. Unless you want to do two play throughs, set the difficulty to Bring ‘em On. The only enemy that anyone has any kind of trouble with are the mutants in episode 2. They only appear in that one though, and the other five episodes are filled with the same four enemies.

You have to select each episode individually (shareware was awesome back in the day, by the way). Each episode has nine levels and one secret level. The secret level doesn’t have to be completed, but if you can find it, you can up your score a lot and earn some extra lives. Episode’s 1 (the original shareware episode), 2, and 3 are the original Wolfenstein episodes, and 4, 5, and 6 are the prequel episodes. You can play them in any order you like. There is no autosave feature, so save often because if you die, you restart the level and lose all of your guns and ammo.

If you have any trouble finding your way through the maze that is each level, then go to this site. They have maps for every level in each episode.

Wolfenstein 3D Walkthrough and Maps

Edited by olsen77
Replaced a missing banner.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Guide

spacer.png None Left Standing (S)

Get 100% kills on any floor on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Kill all the Nazi guards and attack dogs on any level. I recommend doing this on the first level of Episode One, on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty so you get the five trophies for one level deal.

spacer.png Clean Out the Castle (S)

Get 100% of the treasures in any floor.

Find all the crowns, jewel boxes, crosses, and chalices in one level. I'd recommend doing this on the first level of episode one on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty so you get the five trophies for one level deal.

spacer.png You Are Death Incarnate (B)

Complete one floor on I Am Death Incarnate.

Complete one level on the hardest difficulty setting. I’d recommend doing this on the first level of episode one on I Am Death Incarnate difficulty so you get the five trophies for one level deal.

spacer.png Escaped from Wolfenstein (B)

Complete episode one on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Complete episode 1, Escape from Castle Wolfenstein. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em

On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png Operation: Eisenfaust Complete (B)

Complete episode two on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Complete episode 2, Operation: Eisenfaust. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. If you're really hating the mutants (the ones that shoot out of their chests) that appear in this episode, this is the only episode that you'll see them in. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png One Fewer Fuhrer (B)

Complete episode three on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Complete episode 3, Die, Fuhrer, Die. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png A Dark Secret Revealed (B)

Complete episode four on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Complete episode 4, A Dark Secret. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png Sentenced the Madman (B)

Complete episode five on Don’t Hurt Me or harder.

Complete episode 5, Trail of the Madman. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png Confronted (B)

Complete episode six on Don’t Hurt me or harder.

Complete episode 6, Confrontation. I’d recommend completing this on Bring ‘Em On instead of Don’t Hurt Me so you can get the “Blazkowicz-ed” trophy as well and not have to play through the episode twice. For a look at the boss:

spacer.png Hey, That Wall Moves! (B)

Find one secret.

The secret you will come to first is in level one of Episode One. You'll come to room early on that has wooden walls. On the left side of the room, there is a little alcove with a Nazi standing there. Press :cross: against the back wall of the alcove and you'll discover the secret.

spacer.png Blazkowicz-ed! (G)

Complete all six episodes on Bring ‘Em On or harder.

Complete all six episodes of Wolfenstein 3D on the hardest difficulties. This isn't that hard but it'll take some time since every episode has nine levels and one secret level (which doesn't need to be completed).

spacer.png One of Many (B)

Exit any floor at any difficulty.

Very simple, just finish a level. This can be done on any of the four difficulties but I recommend doing this on I Am Death Incarnate so you can get the five trophies for one level deal.

(Thanks to GimperZ for the videos)

Edited by olsen77
Updated video credits and removed a dead video, along with all the relevant references to it..

I havent played this game in quite some time so how does it stand up now? Is it just as enjoyable as it was back then like Doom?

LOL...it really hasn't aged well. After my last experience killing Nazis in World at War, I was really trying to aim carefully and make sure I hit them, and then I realized that if I just shoot in the general direction of the enemies, they'll die. It's still really fun. I'm enjoying it as much now as I did 17 years ago when I first played it. It's a totally different experience though. When I first played it, a shooter was something I had never seen before. So it was totally revolutionary and it blew me away. Now, it's just entertaining and at time it's pretty funny.

I'm with olsen on this. The game hasn't aged gracefully at all. It's still fun, but wow... This game is pretty random at times. Sometimes getting shot only takes away 6%, but sometimes it's 49% from the same enemy. I find myself reloading my save a lot because some guy managed to get one shot which took out half my health.

Also, detection for picking stuff up off the floor is pretty crappy.

This game is pretty random at times. Sometimes getting shot only takes away 6%, but sometimes it's 49% from the same enemy.

Enemies hurt you more if they are closer to you (with some slight randomness). It was a cheat the programmers used so that NAZI guards couldn't snipe you from half a room away.

Also, no work yet from PETA about killing the dogs like in COD5. :D

Enemies hurt you more if they are closer to you (with some slight randomness). It was a cheat the programmers used so that NAZI guards couldn't snipe you from half a room away.
That had nothing to do with it. They can be almost the entire draw distance away from me and still knock of half my health in one shot. Especially those mutant asswipes. I'll be so glad when I'm on to Episode 3.

That had nothing to do with it. They can be almost the entire draw distance away from me and still knock of half my health in one shot. Especially those mutant asswipes. I'll be so glad when I'm on to Episode 3.

Just hit ep 3 about 15 minutes ago. 2 eps in 1hr 15 minutes, not bad.

Oh, Doom and Doom 2 are two more I want on PSN. Doom is on XBL, it should be on PSN too.

Its pretty much the only reason I turn on my brother's xbox when I am back home. There is also this collection of mini-games that he downloaded that came with Halo on Xbox I believe. Cant remember the name but that game was pretty fun.

Wolfenstein 3D was a game of my childhood, along with Zool and Beneath A Steel Sky. I remember the difficulty in trying to get it started, with all the command prompts and all that stuff, and the glee I would get when it finally recognised what I was trying to do and the "WOLF3D" prompt appeared.

I think it was something along the lines of, WOLF, WOLF3D, WOLF3D/RUN or whatever.

Wolfenstein 3D was a game of my childhood, along with Zool and Beneath A Steel Sky. I remember the difficulty in trying to get it started, with all the command prompts and all that stuff, and the glee I would get when it finally recognised what I was trying to do and the "WOLF3D" prompt appeared.

I think it was something along the lines of, WOLF, WOLF3D, WOLF3D/RUN or whatever.

Command line operating systems. That takes me back.

Ok... not that far back as I'm learning Fedora Core... but still. :D

I figured, not that its really needed but gamefaq user(s) have created maps of every level in the FAQ for anyone struggling. I'd give them their credit but I'm to lazy to click over to the site to see who did them ... yea that lazy.

Ah, flashback to a simpler time when enemies were 2D, there wasn’t much of a story in games, there were no cutscenes, speech is limited to “My leben!!”, and you couldn’t look up and down.

I loved this game on my 486. The fact the first level came out as a shareware program was extremely impressive for that time.

BTW, they actually say "Mein Leben!" when they die. It literally translates from german to "My Life!".