Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

How to AUTO-boost

The purpose of this thread is to show how to take advantage of a turbo controller and let the controller get trophies for you automatically.

Trophies that can be obtained using the auto-boost method are as follows:

(B)永遠の安らぎを与えし者 Kill 500 undead enemies

(S)騒乱を未然に防ぎし者 Kill 500 demon enemies

(B)新米冒険家 Kill a total of 1,500 enemies

(S)熟練した冒険家 Kill a total of 15,000 enemies

(G)天駆ける迷宮王 Kill a total of 50,000 enemies

(B)合計プレイ時間・30時間達成 Play for 30 hours

(B)合計プレイ時間・100時間達成 Play for 100 hours

(S)合計プレイ時間・200時間達成 Play for 200 hours

(S)頼もしい仲間を持つ者 Have 1 character at level 20

(S)剛腕を知る者 Have 1 character at level 30

(B)1万Gold取得達成 Obtained 10,000 gold

(S)10万Gold取得達成 Obtained 100,000 gold

(G)100万Gold取得達成 Obtained 1,000,000 gold

Note: You cannot obtain the (G)竜殺しを名乗る者 which is obtained by killing 500 dragon enemies because there are no maps that have a loop AND dragon enemies on it.

First thing is to get hold of a turbo controller that can do 20 inputs per second. Here is a picture of my turbo controller from HORI.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4255/wizbx.jpg

Second, get a rubber band and wrap it around the left stick downward to hold it in place.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/1241/wiz2n.jpg

Third, go to a map that has a infinite loop. 3rd floor of シーインの迷宮 has a infinite loop in the middle, 1st floor of 試練の迷宮 has 2 infinite loops, and the 3rd floor of 試練の迷宮 has a infinite loop.

Third, set :down::cross::circle: to turbo(must be 20 inputs per second or will not work).

Fourth, just sit back and let the controller do all the work for you. Now, what is happening is that the :down: on the directional pad is moving you one tile at a time backwards. Whenever, you meet an enemy, the controller will automatically input the buttons set to fight and defeat the enemies for you. Whenever you encounter a treasure box, the left stick will always select to walk away because it is being held downwards. When I did the Auto-boost, I always got 500 enemy kills maybe + or - 2 or 3. So to get 10,000 kills, you would have to boost for 20 hours. 50,000 kills would take 100 hours. A word of advise, don't use this method during the hot summer season.

Couple of things to keep in mind. It is best that you do this when your characters are overpowering the enemies that spawn on the specific map. This is to ensure that your characters take minimal to no damage so that they can continue to fight while you are not watching the game. So what I did was auto-boost on the 1st floor of 試練の迷宮 for 2 nights while I was sleeping and then proceeded to auto-boost on 3rd floor of シーインの迷宮 or 3rd floor of 試練の迷宮. That way, my characters would be high level enough that I could leave it on auto-boost on 8 hours and all my characters would still have at least 90% of their HP.

Edited by hshirako

• 8 months later...

Hey Triace68, thanks so much for confirming that this does indeed work on the North American version. Maybe I'm just super dense right now, but can you please take me through a step-by-step of how you set your controller up, please? The instructions above are good, but I had trouble achieving the desired results, as indicated in my other post.

Thanks so much!

Sukwendo, I think the best place to leave over night to auto boost the kills is the 1st floor Shin dungeon in the infinite loop. The 3rd floor has an infinite loop too, but I noticed an enemies poison or trapped chest will kill even a level 50 character in a few minutes.

Make sure you have the sacrifice seal or I couldn't get the auto boost to work right.

First, I make sure the speed is 20 inputs a second by sliding stick all the way to the right. I make sure when i set the turbo on the auto fire is active even when the controller is not being used.

Second, turn on turbo for circle.

Third, turn on the turbo for X. Now you should notice the search menu opening and closing on its own.

Fourth, hold the left analog stick in the down position with a rubber band.

Fifth, I placed the controller on the floor, then I used a heavy dictionary to hold the D-Pad in the up position.

The auto boost should work now. It's not a perfect method, I notice just watching the screen sometimes the menu gets stuck on the treasure chest for like 10 seconds. Eventually it will pick a choice of action to continue the game.

The original author recommended to hold down on the D-pad to walk away from the chests, but the north american version makes you pick a choice of action. A player can't just walk away from a chest.

I hope it works for you. :D

Thanks for the rundown of your set-up, Triace68! I've been farming fire dragons and greater daemons (as it also drops from them) on the 8th floor for over a week with no luck. As soon as I get the drop, I'll attempt your steps above and report back.

On the plus side, all this farming is giving me kills towards the dragon and daemon trophies, as well as plenty of previously undiscovered items, so it's not all bad.

Edited by sukwendo

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, i tried whit an arcade stick and didnt get it cause u need left stick in battle to be able to atack whiout mess your commands, soo i got an ps2 turbo wireless that i have from old times, and tried, it works perfectly, i still dont have the item soo it take some time to find battles and things like that, but i can kill mobs on shin b1 whiout problem while im sleeping or in the college.. i needed to put ^"on pad" X O "whit turbo" and left stick down

Just want to jump in and mention that this menthod worked perfectly for me as well, thanks so much for sharing it! One thing to note is that the seal of sacrifice is not required for this method to work. I spent weeks farming the seal, and then just decided to give up and auto-boost.

The auto-boosting took a couple days, and even without the seal, I had to leave the PS3 on for close to another week to rack up the time needed for the 200 hour trophy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for this method. I don't have any torbo gamepad now, but wanna to buy one. And can't decide which exactly :) Somebody knows the differences between Hori Pad Turbo and Hori Pad Pro? Both of them have Turbo function and speed adjustment.

Ah, and one more question - why exactly 20 inputs per second? :)

• 4 weeks later...
Sukwendo, I think the best place to leave over night to auto boost the kills is the 1st floor Shin dungeon in the infinite loop. The 3rd floor has an infinite loop too, but I noticed an enemies poison or trapped chest will kill even a level 50 character in a few minutes.

Make sure you have the sacrifice seal or I couldn't get the auto boost to work right.

First, I make sure the speed is 20 inputs a second by sliding stick all the way to the right. I make sure when i set the turbo on the auto fire is active even when the controller is not being used.

Third, turn on the turbo for X. Now you should notice the search menu opening and closing on its own.

Fifth, I placed the controller on the floor, then I used a heavy dictionary to hold the D-Pad in the up position.

The auto boost should work now. It's not a perfect method, I notice just watching the screen sometimes the menu gets stuck on the treasure chest for like 10 seconds. Eventually it will pick a choice of action to continue the game.

The original author recommended to hold down on the D-pad to walk away from the chests, but the north american version makes you pick a choice of action. A player can't just walk away from a chest.

Finally got my turbo controller in mail today. Tried out your method and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Edited by purifico

• 3 weeks later...

Does the horipad3 pro not work for this? I can't get X and O to auto turbo together, it's one or the other, same with the direction pad.

Okay, on the NA version you can't even leave your game alone for 10 minutes.

Even on the first floor there are Poison Traps in every 10th or so battle and you can't just walk away from the chests.

Maybe they did this intentionally to stop auto-boosting, I don't know, but I get poisoned every 5 minutes. :/

edit: Okay, I got it to work using the method described in the first post. You really have to set :down::cross::circle: to auto-input at 20 inputs/second or else it won't work for the trapped chests.

What it does is basically going into a submenu of the trap dialogue ("Divine Trap", "Open") and then back out because of the :circle: button pressed. But when it gets to "Leave" there is nothing else to choose, so you leave immediately. Works every time for me. :)

Edited by Zelos

• 2 months later...

Where I live finding a turbo controller seems rather hard. I managed to find one called Snakebyte Wireless controller that has got the turbo, but does anyone know if that one works for this trick? If not, anyone know where one can find a Hori controller? Every site I check it's sold out. :(

Edited by SuperMegaShark

• 4 weeks later...
Where I live finding a turbo controller seems rather hard. I managed to find one called Snakebyte Wireless controller that has got the turbo, but does anyone know if that one works for this trick? If not, anyone know where one can find a Hori controller? Every site I check it's sold out. :(

Same here, any idea which turbo controller that can be shipped to Europe will work?