Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

108 hours in ....

I have really been enjoying this game.

I first played wizardry years ago with Wizardry Gold: crusaders of the dark savant. Followed by Wizardry 8.

At first I thought this W:LOLS was a step backwards (Where were Mook? and what happened to the bard? Loved getting those instruments!), but I have found it quite addictive.

The only trophies I need are the ones for the platinum are:

200 hours

15,000 kills (only at 7000 at the moment)

50,000 kills

500 dragons (only at 158 at the moment)

I believe there is an item that makes encounters 100%. I've been trolling the 8th floor of Shiin for hours but I only same to get more maps or plate armour!!!

My group at the moment

is

L37 Ninja

L36 Lord

L36 Samurai (His ability is paying off now with weapns that can cause confusion across a whole group)

L40 Mage

L41 Bishop

L39 Bishop (Those magic walls are useful!)

And thats four chars that can cast NAL and Gas of despair!

Has anyone else done the mark of a hero(?) DLC questfrom the BF10 of Trials? I can't believe after killing that vampire, I only got 5,000 gold reward for it!

Thanks for the guide, it was really useful!

Now 130 hours in. I have theSacrifice Seal. I got it by completing the 'architecture of the deep' quest. Lucky for that you didn't have to wait for it to drop! The quest was confusing as in the Deep levels, floors 3-5 have several stairwells that lead you up and down, and floors 4 and 5 have anti-warp.

You have to kill the Mysterious nun first which is on floor 4. I killed her similar to the way I killed Luxurious Anguish.Gas of Despair works well, but Smite works better, so I got my lord and two bishops to keep firing that! My mage and samurai GoD'd her whilst my ninja tried hide and assassination. I may put a route for her location on here as you haveto travel up and down a lot to get there.

Now, I have the dragon slayer trophy. the only trophies I need for platinum are 15000 kill, 50000 kills and 200 hours. I am at 9969 kills at the moment, and now i need to decide whether I have the determination to keep at it.

I just counted the number of kills I got on floor 1 of Trials in a 30 minute period with the sacrificial seal equipped. it was 543!

For this i decided the following:

1) Try to kill ever set of monsters in one round. If there are more than 6 monsters, use a spell like Ice Burst, storm burst or NAL burst that attacked all enemies

2) Leave all chests. I have no thief in my party and it's annoying when my ninja gets it wrong- it wastes time.

3) if some monsters just watch, i leave them. it's annoying when I have the 'advantage' that I can't cast any spells. (was this designed? or am I playing it wrong?)

500 kills every 30 mins means you could get 1000 kills an hour. So I could be just5 hours away from the 15000 trophy, but 40 hours of constant farming from the platinum. Have I got the patience?