Wizardry: Labyrinth of Lost Souls

Item Drop and Quest Spreadsheet

Looks like "Arrawnt" over on gamefaqs has hosted an item drop and quest location spreadsheet here:

Item Drop and Quest Spreadsheet

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An78CTpq4DZndGZxRElmZEZLYW0wc0lqb1JtSC10RlE&hl=en_US#gid=0

I've gotten a lot of use out of it, and REALLY appreciate the work Arrawnt put into it. Thank you, Arrawnt! Here's the original post from the gamefaq boards as a reference for the original content: (Item stats/drop locations, Quest guide spreadsheet -GameFAQs)

Enjoy! -Ehou

Also, I'm currently bumping into the difficulty curve of the Shiin floors 9 and 10 (stuff just absolutely destroys me!).

Any recommendations on ideal spots to grind/farm for loot and character levels? Ideally a spot that would be worthwhile to farm pre Shiin 9 and 10. Until i'm strong enough, i can't seem to touch those floors w/ any real success.

EDIT: current party is: war/sam/thi/mag/pri/bis

Thanks for any replies, -Ehou

Edited by Ehou

All my characters are close to non-DLC max level, and I cannot seem to touch those floors either. half my party gets 1-shotted during most of the battles. To the veterans here, are there any tips/tricks for those floors? I rolled my characters naturally, without trying for any high bonus stat points, so I have a fairly average group of war/war/thief/mag/bis/priest.

All my characters are close to non-DLC max level, and I cannot seem to touch those floors either. half my party gets 1-shotted during most of the battles. To the veterans here, are there any tips/tricks for those floors? I rolled my characters naturally, without trying for any high bonus stat points, so I have a fairly average group of war/war/thief/mag/bis/priest.

Just a thought, it seems like our parties are very similar:

• war/sam/thi/mag/pri/bis (my party)
  • war/war/thi/mag/pri/bis (your party)

Not coincidentally, we're running into similar problems at the bottom of Shiin (9 and 10).

I've read that for the late-game, Lords are very good [lots of end-game drops that are Lord-only], and that high-level Bishops can effectively replace early-game core spellcasters along w/ each providing their own Magic Wall abilities which prevent party wipes. Maybe what we need are some class changes to support the end-game?

EDIT: also a brief note that my Samurai (who started life as a Fighter) is using a Bushido Blade and is an absolute beast. I love her, heh.

My educated-guess is that an ideal party to complete the game with will look ultimately like: lrd/sam/X/bis/bis/bis (X being either thief or ninja, for disarm purposes). If there is truth in this, i have some class conversions to attend to, shifting into the end-game hehe. Seeing your party composition helps confirm my suspicions.

Earlier in the game, having the starter-classes is certainly more fruitful; although you're forced to have a single Bishop in your starter lineup for access to the Appraise ability. Late in the game, end-game class composition requires shift and I believe at least x2 Bishops and x2 second-tier Fighter classes (ie: a Lord and/or Samurai) are merited via the Class Change system. If you look at our end-game troubles, we've both still got first-tier warriors (Fighter) and first-tier spellcasters (Mage and Priest) in our lineup. There just doesn't seem to be room for many first-tier classes in the most difficult depths of the game. I suppose this is appropriate, heh.

Thanks, -Ehou

Edited by Ehou

Hello, I had two bishops for magic wall and one samurai with a Muramasa. Two magic walls help because a nasty spell may take one wall out but usually not both. The other 3 slots didn't really matter because the samurai can one shot kill anything in the game with this katana. See the link below.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wizardry-labyrinth-lost-souls/110813-muramasa-broken.html

Ehou/Triace,

Thanks for the end-game tips. I will attempt to experiment with upgrading one or more of my characters with their higher-end counterparts and see if that helps. The reasoning presented here seems logical, and I can't think of anything better to try at this time. :)

I got Lord/Warrior, Samurai, Samurai, Ninja, Bishop, Bishop.

The 2 Bishops skill Magic Walls, the 2 Samurai Skill Sngo (or whatever), the Ninja Hides and the Warrior/Lords stands in Front and hopefully is the one getting killed.

The next Round the Ninja Assassinates for a sure kill, Bishops make new Walls, and the Samurais kill the remaining.

Tbh. 2 Bishops is the Key imho.

without em, i get smacked without even knowing what hit me.

Also, I'm currently bumping into the difficulty curve of the Shiin floors 9 and 10 (stuff just absolutely destroys me!).

EDIT: current party is: war/sam/thi/mag/pri/bis

Update: I spent the weekend shifting from mostly 1st-tier party members into entirely 2nd-tier party members. I now have a party of: lord/sam/nin/bis/bis/bis

Result: Without any significant weapon upgrades (mostly just the class changes themselves), this was a significant leap in both ability and lifespan for my party. I can now farm Level 9 with a 90% success rate on every encounter, given access to the larger hp pool (when re-rolling classes, your characters maintain 50% of their previous hp pool at lvl1) and also to the x3 Magic Wall defense abilities (one for each Bishop, as needed).

It appears that ~Lvl20, a single Bishop has access to every spell a Mage and Priest has simultaneously, including NAL and Restore Body. I believe the only compelling reason to hold onto a Mage or a Priest is for the class abilities Exorcise (undead killer) and Focus (SP damage double). Globally, i'd rather have a Bishop instead. They can cast everything, and their Magic Wall ability is a strong party-defense barrier that increases survival massively.

In hindsight, i'd probably recommend an initial party of: fig/fig/thi/mag/pri/bis. This allows you to start with two high-hp characters, a lock-picker, a fast-learning spell-caster from each school, and an appraiser. As you pass character Level 20, convert to pure bishops (casters) and second-tier fighters of your choice (lord/sam/nin). Spend money at the Temple in Tithe to rapidly convert your excess Gold into XP, insta-leveling your fresh class reroll and bringing them up to par w/ the rest of your characters. As a note, the ninja is rather nice because they can wear/use items unique to ninjas, insta-kill targets at random, and *still* pick locks on chests as if they were thieves.

One more nod for the Bishops, before I close here. By having x3 Bishops, I can effectively cast x2 Magic Walls and use the remaining Bishop for any high-damage or high-recovery spells such as NAL or Pure Recovery to save the day. It also allows me to have a Magic Wall in reserve in case one of my bishops becomes incapacitated, which is brilliant. Your mileage may vary. -Ehou

tldr: when you bump into the difficulty of deeper dungeon levels, it's time to convert your first-tier classes into second-tier classes and grow into the endgame. Bishops, or gtfo.

Edited by Ehou

Thanks for the link to the spread sheet, it is extremely helpful! Also, thanks for everyone sharing high dungeon lvl tips, I'm not looking forward to it though!

Its fun tbh.

As soon as you're party is around mid 40s and Hps of 1000+ its not that bad anymore.

Only the occassional 4+ Leaper groups are a pain then. (at least for me)