Witch Hunt rant + question (spoilers?)

starcrunch061

OK, first the rant.

Why does Bioware insist on releasing these shoddy products? Was it not enough that we had to sit through minute-long load screens at every turn?

I finished "Witch Hunt," which, BTW, was every bit as bad as I predicted it would be. But whatever. What annoys me is THIS: I played with my Awakenings character, who I had made King of Ferelden after securing life through the dark ritual. I used him because, well, he's an ass-kicker, with incredible stats, incredible armor and weaponry (Master Wade's "Vigilance" sword is truly awesome, BTW).

I was stoked at the end of the 15-second DLC to finally learn of Morrigan's plan. But what happens? Oh, it turns out that according to Witch Hunt, I didn't actually allow the ritual to happen. Thanks a lot. Morrigan instead complains a lot about me betraying her, and I learned NOTHING. Why can't Bioware get this right?

But anyway, my question is this: Morrigan told me that she left something for me. However, the game doesn't save after the conversation, so I never actually know what it is that she left. Is there any way around this? I have the same problem at the end of "Awakenings," BTW - I can't get the game to save after I win (which is annoying, because I can't get anything to upload to my Bioware account).

What's the deal?

the deal is:

bioware wanted to make some more quick bucks with a DLC composed of recycled areas with a 'whoo-hoooo' all revealing ending.

SO now that we all went thru all the dlcs, it's time to bring your copy to the used game dealer and wait for dao2...

Yeah, but can I get the item that Morrigan promised me before I do that? I downloaded something called "Witchcraft" which I figure plays a prominent role, but I don't know how to access this.

Yeah, but can I get the item that Morrigan promised me before I do that? I downloaded something called "Witchcraft" which I figure plays a prominent role, but I don't know how to access this.

I thought I saw a post on the BioWare forum about them releasing a patch to fix this. Did you download that patch that it offered before downloading the DLC?

Edited by SGTquig
wrong post

Yes because a powerful witch and your exfriend who always told you everything she had planed and her secrets is going to tell you whats going on now. Though seriously did you really think she would give you much info about what she is doing other then going to another dimention to raise the newly born old god, and to say that the path she took was the only option left at that time.

I was happy to have at least got a half an apology for what she did and a warning about her mother and what is to come, I did like this dlc alot but it was more like a prelude to Dragon Age 2.

Yes because a powerful witch and your exfriend who always told you everything she had planed and her secrets is going to tell you whats going on now. Though seriously did you really think she would give you much info about what she is doing other then going to another dimention to raise the newly born old god, and to say that the path she took was the only option left at that time.

I don't think you understand; Morrigan said we never did the deed, even though the character I loaded did so.

The point was that the DLC is glitchy, and cannot even recognize the choices that imported characters make.

I don't think you understand; Morrigan said we never did the deed, even though the character I loaded did so.

The point was that the DLC is glitchy, and cannot even recognize the choices that imported characters make.

Hmm really? because everything worked just fine for me, she mentioned going through the ritual, that it was the only thing that could be done because the attack started before she thought it would, how it saved your life and when you ask about your son she mentions how she understands how its important because he is yours.

But all the references even a few of the small ones in conversation where all 100% correct in referencing the ones I made in Origins and in awakening, so i guess it only had that problem for some and not others. Also I only read about that problem being on the 360 and computer version when i was at the wiki.

Hmm really? because everything worked just fine for me, she mentioned going through the ritual, that it was the only thing that could be done because the attack started before she thought it would, how it saved your life and when you ask about your son she mentions how she understands how its important because he is yours.

But all the references even a few of the small ones in conversation where all 100% correct in referencing the ones I made in Origins and in awakening, so i guess it only had that problem for some and not others. Also I only read about that problem being on the 360 and computer version when i was at the wiki.

I've beaten the game twice. My first playthrough was with a Dalish elf (M) and I had hook up with Morrigan. I have not played it with this character yet, but I would be curious to see what happens because I declined her ritual and she left.

My second playthrough was with a human noble (F) and Morrigan did the ritual with Loghain. I have just finished Witch Hunt with this character, and everything played out according to my choices in Origins.

Maybe I should make a character and see how it will play out that way. I know in Awakenings, Alistair is the King when you make a default character, and I'm interested to see what BioWare says is the default for this DLC.

My game is also saying I didn't go through the ritual even though I did. I did get a item after playing Witch Hunt that I don't think was there before. It is some kind of armor a robe every time I start a new game I have it just like I have the armor from Leliana's Song so I think that is what Morrigan gave me.

I thought I saw a post on the BioWare forum about them releasing a patch to fix this. Did you download that patch that it offered before downloading the DLC?

I did download the patch, but I still didn't get to save. As i've mentioned elsewhere, I have the same problem with "Awakenings" (i.e. I have no save where I've actually beaten the final boss).

Thanks to everyone that answered. I'll check my items to see if it's there, but I don't remember seeing it.

I've beaten the game twice. My first playthrough was with a Dalish elf (M) and I had hook up with Morrigan. I have not played it with this character yet, but I would be curious to see what happens because I declined her ritual and she left.

My second playthrough was with a human noble (F) and Morrigan did the ritual with Loghain. I have just finished Witch Hunt with this character, and everything played out according to my choices in Origins.

Maybe I should make a character and see how it will play out that way. I know in Awakenings, Alistair is the King when you make a default character, and I'm interested to see what BioWare says is the default for this DLC.

So you had a relationship with her and no ritual with your main character that would be a intresting combo, mine it was we barely talked to each others as friends and I killed her mother, no relationship and did the ritual. (my guy was bounded to Zevran.)

Though having a new character it will probably be a male of any race, who did the ritual and Alistair is the king, that would make the most sense.

According to the Bioware forums, they've found another bug and are going to delay the PS3 patch. The patch also involves adding the functionality of a end-DLC game save to carry over into Dragon Age 2, so I'm holding off on playing it till they patch it.

Thanks for the heads up, and shame on Bioware for their crappy QC. :mad:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...