Update 1.20

rkylehiemenz

How great is that... just a little aid to help get through the full campaign...

On the plus side, it's good to know that it won't affect the work I've done on elite campaign races so far, since the elite times for zone and speed laps are the original times from the game.

I only hope that some how some way this aides me in getting Zone Zeus and Airbraker... but somehow, I dont think I'll be that lucky!

Good luck to those of you struggling with campaign races, this will REALLY aide you.

I was furious when I first read the patch notes since I'm only 2 races away from Elite Campaign Legend - BIG sigh of relief when I realised the original gold requirements are now the Elite ones and I don't have to redo anything.

On the downside, it does cheapen the regular Campaign Legend trophy a bit. A lot of the novice gold requirements wouldn't have even gotten bronze before!

Edited by Taratang

On the downside, it does cheapen the regular Campaign Legend trophy a bit. A lot of the novice gold requirements wouldn't have even gotten bronze before!

I believe that this was a very good step. The game needed to tone down its difficulty. I'm telling you this even though I already have Transcendence.

Players want to complete their games and not stop playing them due to them being extremely difficult.

I bet that almost nobody was having fun trying to win on Elite Chenghou Project or Sebenco Climb. Please, if anyone actually had fun being killed all the time on Elite (since it's pure luck to win, because it depends on the items you take), please say so. I also destroyed a Dualshock 3, after numerous attempts on the aforementioned tracks (5 hours on Chebenco Climb for 2 wins @phantom speed).

Therefore, I really like the aspect of having at least numerous difficulties for more people to get their trophies. Not everyone is a hardcore player.

Yeah, it REALLY makes things easier. I just gold medaled some speed laps in Dropzone with Pilot Assist On... I would have been 1.68 seconds too slow for Bronze on Elite this way... hahaha.

It's great, cause now I can leisurely finish this games few races and then work hard to fill in the elite golds I need later.

However, the gold medals look different when you get them novice style. I hope that's only to let you know easily that you don't have the "elite" ones and that it doesn't effect "campaign legend"

Edited by rkylehiemenz

As outlined in the description of the update when you install it; the update is intended to make the getting of trophies easier. I would assume it won't hinder any of them in any way.

In fact, I think in zone mode, the ship starts at a slower speed, which will help me in getting 50 zones with airbrakes and ultimately 75 zones total.

Harris: It does nothing to aide the ELITE campaign legend... Who cares if it allows an easier getting of a silver trophy. What it takes away from you in "fairness" it makes up for in "FUN" instead of hair pulling insanity and luck.

Edited by rkylehiemenz

I still think that the times required for the novice medals are too long. You could get a bronze medal by putting the pilot-assist on and just keeping the throttle down. They should at least put Novice gold equal to the elite bronze times.

Anyway, it did help getting those awful time trials and speed laps in Meltdown.

What I certainly like about the update is the autostart in the online part. It happened to me many times that me and 6 others were waiting for the host to finally start the game. Moist of the time it ended up with everybody leaving the game in search for another lobby hosted by somebody that couldn't find the 'start race' button. It could also help to revive the online part a bit. Apart from the weekends, I think we could use some more people online.

Edited by Lyn-X

I still think that the times required for the novice medals are too long. You could get a bronze medal by putting the pilot-assist on and just keeping the throttle down. They should at least put Novice gold equal to the elite bronze times.

Anyway, it did help getting those awful time trials and speed laps in Meltdown.

What I certainly like about the update is the autostart in the online part. It happened to me many times that me and 6 others were waiting for the host to finally start the game. Moist of the time it ended up with everybody leaving the game in search for another lobby hosted by somebody that couldn't find the 'start race' button. It could also help to revive the online part a bit. Apart from the weekends, I think we could use some more people online.

I believe that most of the times the player who didn't start the race, didn't know he was the host. That could happen due to the fact that the original host, left the game and then the system randomly assigned another player as a host.