Elite races on phantom

Sarnath

arent theese just to hard, it feels as the developers should tweak this a little bit, also doesnt it seem as if the ai holds onto guns to use against yourself instead of attacking their fellow ai comrades? thats the feeling im getting at least, having to run against 7 ships that all wants only you destroyed :p

anyhow, does anyone have any hints on how to go about this whole ordeal? what weapons to use and what not to, speed boosts over weapons? heavy shields, thrust or speed? anything really ...im at a loss here the ai seems also to get faster and faster as i to get faster, im ready to put this part of the game on the shelf until its been patched (if it ever will) so please, any tips on how to break them :)

Really, after playing this game a lot I reached the conclusion that in fact in Elite/Phantom they're all, indeed, after you. AND I also noticed that despite the items that the other racers get normally, they also always have a boost item just so they can use anytime (really! :p I've been trough situations where a guy get a item right next to me, then he shoots at me and before the next item pad came he just boosted ahead of me... That pisses me off)

I doubt it's a boost, just a matter of the unfair-at-times AI. It's kind of like how sometimes as soon as the race starts, the first place person can already have a 5 second lead on you, as well as how everyone gets a noticeably bigger boost right off the starting line.

They don't always save their weapons for you, although it does seem like it happens more often than not. A lot of times, there would be 2 or 3 ships in front of me fighting for position, yet none of them use weapons, but then as soon as I pass them, I get blasted in the ass. Also the ridiculous couple of times where I would take first place, only to have the the ship I just passed shoot me, followed by the next 3 ships that passed me. Instant death. Def made me more than a little mad...

I doubt it's a boost, just a matter of the unfair-at-times AI. It's kind of like how sometimes as soon as the race starts, the first place person can already have a 5 second lead on you, as well as how everyone gets a noticeably bigger boost right off the starting line.

I've noticed the same thing. I'll hit every boost right off the start, but it's not until some lucky boost weapon pickup that I'll catch them, even using Icarus. Does the AI on the other two difficulties just not gas it all the way?

The boost at the beginning depends on the Thrust level your ship has. If you use Icaras, you'll be left behind. If you use a ship with great thurst, you'll be near them as soon as the race starts. I noticed that with tracks that don't have many long straights, it's better to use the ship with the high thrust, so as to be near them in the beginning, get some weapons, shoot them down and them be lucky with the turbo boosts.

ngh... im so pissed of with theese races now, here to list some of the unfairness i really hate in this mode :p

1. if player boosts into another ship player stops

2. if ai boosts into player player flies straight into a wall with immense power, breaking your shield pretty bad or worse puts you out of the track

3. in tournaments the best ai player always starts first

4. in tournaments and normal races player always starts last

5. if player accidently hits ai ship, player gets moved over and his line breaks

6. if ai "accidently" hits players ship he will push him out of the way, never breaking his own line

7 ai goes faster than player.

8 ai has extreme accuracy with the plasma gun, always pinning it straight into the body of player

9 ai always seems to pick up the right weapon

10. ai doesnt really use weapons against other ai's, he rather save them for player

11. ai doesnt hit walls, never ever.

12. ai gets an unfair boost at the start of each race

13. im sure there is more :p

gah, i hate this, this is plain cheating. it would be ok if everything was fair and the ai did extremely good lines etc etc. but this kinda cheating it just bugs the hell out of me (writing while angry)

end of rant

I agree as well. This is why I have decided that for me a platinum is impossible to get. Same as Warhawk, which requires like 3000 hours of playtime to complete. I wish more game makers would follow the example of Uncharted, DeadSpace, and Burnout. The trophies are not easy and take alot of work and you feel like you earned them once 100% complete. These other games, it seems, go out of their way to make getting a platinum completely unfair unless you want to turn into a slave of that game. Platinum trophies are already hard to get even for the hardcore gamer that plays 20+ hours a week. No reason to make them out of reach. I dont know, thought I would vent a little. Nice thread, thx!

I agree as well. This is why I have decided that for me a platinum is impossible to get. Same as Warhawk, which requires like 3000 hours of playtime to complete. I wish more game makers would follow the example of Uncharted, DeadSpace, and Burnout. The trophies are not easy and take alot of work and you feel like you earned them once 100% complete. These other games, it seems, go out of their way to make getting a platinum completely unfair unless you want to turn into a slave of that game. Platinum trophies are already hard to get even for the hardcore gamer that plays 20+ hours a week. No reason to make them out of reach. I dont know, thought I would vent a little. Nice thread, thx!

20+ lol noob