Own the zone trophy?

HvalpenX

I just got Own the Zone and Airbreaker today. I got Airbreaker first but now after all those tries I can't steer all that well when using the analog sticks or d-pad. I've gotten so used to using Airbreaks only that it's the only way that feels comfortable to me now. My best in zone is 52 or 53 I think, 75 seems so damn hard. After getting those I went back to campaign to work on getting some more gold medals. :p

@ Dropeti - You can't use the d-pad or sticks at all until you reach Zone 50(Sub-Sonic). Just R2/L2 to turn or side-shift(double-tap). It's actually not as bad as it sounds because I found that once you reach Zen using the sticks even in the slightest throws me into the walls a lot.

Zone Zeus seems much harder. I think I can do it, it's just gonna take A LOT of practice. Before I started trying the Airbrakes trophy my best Zone was 33 so I improved quite a bit. I may try Moa Therma since the track is wider. I had been using Anulpha Pass.

Edited by Endless-Bravado

• 2 weeks later...

I got 'Own the Zone' and 'Airbraker' yesterday which put a smile on my face. On Anulpha Pass of course. I'm pretty convinced getting 'Zone Zeus' will be easier for me using airbrakes only on this track.

But I'm gutted also. After the latest PS3 system update, I started wipeout to find for some reason my save game data had not been restored so a new profile was created. After a reboot, my save game data was restored EXCEPT the wipeout profile I'd just just created remained. Now I've had to start with 0 loyalty points and do all the tracks again! I only had one gold medal left to obtain for the 'Campaign Legend' trophy. Bugger. :(

Try to take the smoothest line possible. The first corner and the one just before the overpass are the hardest(on Anulpha Pass), but you can both take them in one smooth line. once you mastered those just stay relaxed and dont concentrate too much :). I always get in a semi-zen mood when playing zones xD kinda relaxing.