Tournament Ace trophy

ChrisMalicious

This one is giving me problems, I've set it up with 8 Analpha Pass forward races, tried it on various settings (Venom, Rapier, Phantom) against Skilled AI.

The problem is the randomness - I can win say 4 in a row no problem, then one of the AI has an outstanding race and pips me at the line OR worse I get bumped on a corner and slowed right down. The AI are hitting the speed pads, so its tough to pull back a lead on them.

Getting 8 races in a row without any kind of negative incident happening is the problem.

I've tried weapons on and off, and found less randomness with weapons off, but on Venom that gives you only 3 laps to get the lead, from starting at the back of the pack. Phantom is better at 5 laps but the problem there is any bump/collision really screws you up as the AI get away faster.

Any other tips/tricks people can recommend? My skill level is average, on 59% game completion. :confused:

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

hey man, you can do the two player glitch for this one.

Weapons - Off

Difficulty - Skilled

Players - 2

Split Screen - Vertical (it's much better than horizontal as you have a larger view of what's coming up)

you don't need a second controller btw, just change your controller to Controller 2 when picking a ship.

Also, make sure to race as Controller 2, the A.I will slow down a lot if Controller 1 isn't playing. Aim for speed pads to increase the distance between you and them and by the 5th lap you should be lapping them ^^.

and one last thing, the two player glitch can also be used for 'Arcade Perfect':

Arcade Perfect Trophy in WipEout HD - PSNProfiles.com

Best of luck ^^

Edited by Shelbeh