Custom Soundtracks?

Webb

What are the chances of you being able to play some of your own tunes in this? Not even sure whether the PS3 even has custom soundtracks yet (wasn't it part of the 2.4 update?).

I'm hoping the soundtrack won't suck, but for me it won't exceed Fusion's awesome score and I'd love to insert some old school vibe in to this one.

Any rumours, announcements, thoughts?

Yes, it does.

Custom Play lists: As if that wasn’t enough, WipEout® HD also supports ‘Custom Play lists’: playback your own music using play lists created in the PS3™ XMB.

Three Speech: Semi-Official PlayStation Blog WipEout HD Tracks Announced

• 5 years later...

Wipeout HD will have custom soundtracks just create a playlist from the XMBtm and whilst in game pause and go to options from the pause menu and select audio there will be a name of a soundtrack say Wipeout HD and swap it for the name of your playlist like my music and press x to save your playlist for in race use only the main menu music will not be affected by your music sorry if this has been answered and I just bumped a 3 year old thread just getting my thoughts out there

• 2 weeks later...
Wipeout HD will have custom soundtracks just create a playlist from the XMBtm and whilst in game pause and go to options from the pause menu and select audio there will be a name of a soundtrack say Wipeout HD and swap it for the name of your playlist like my music and press x to save your playlist for in race use only the main menu music will not be affected by your music sorry if this has been answered and I just bumped a 3 year old thread just getting my thoughts out there

Thanks for that mate, I'm currently rediscovering Wipeout :)

Custom music is one of the main reasons I still play it. Going at supersonic speed to 'Invaders Must Die' - Prodigy, or just racing online to an Air album or Foals album is just so awesome :D

Air- good shout. I've been racing to Booka Shade, try it :cool:

Also if you have the wrong music it can be surprisingly bad!

Air- good shout. I've been racing to Booka Shade, try it :cool:

Also if you have the wrong music it can be surprisingly bad!

Im even more disappointed when music that I like doesn suit it. I gave oasis a few tries and it never really worked for me like prodigy or jamiroquai :(

Booka Shade, will check it out!