Most Fustrating Game I have ever played

Madbuk

I got this as part of the "Welcome Back" deal, along with R&C Quest for Booty and have just begun. It is infuriating. I've attempted the "Beat Zico trophy" and felt pure and utter rage towards the game, more fury than I have ever felt towards a game before, and so I gave up and proceeded to the campaign. The first set of cells were fine on Elite difficulty, excluding Vineta K race, but the next set is pure hell.

How did anybody platinum this game? Seriously?

Guess I'm not a gamer... I felt like bashing the stupid PS3 so that it broke.

oh boy, with this game you CANNOT dive in head first. you need to start off slow then you'll get better. the game is mainly just muscle memory and reaction timing, less reaction once you take the lead :)

also find a vehicle that your comfortable with. without a good vehicle the game does become irritating. learn the maps, were the boost pads, little jumps to use the barrel roll boost. and when to take turns also helps.

oh boy, with this game you CANNOT dive in head first. you need to start off slow then you'll get better. the game is mainly just muscle memory and reaction timing, less reaction once you take the lead :)

also find a vehicle that your comfortable with. without a good vehicle the game does become irritating. learn the maps, were the boost pads, little jumps to use the barrel roll boost. and when to take turns also helps.

So instead of jumping straight into Elite mode, should I get all the golds on Novice and then move onto Elite? Or go up to the next difficulty, then up again until I reach Elite? Because if it helps with the platinum, I don't mind spending the extra hours.

I've been using the Piranha to get ready for Beat Zico, but it goes rather slow. Should I change?

If you find Elite too hard, then yes start on Novice - you'll learn the tracks just as well on Novice :) I started on Elite and yes, it was very hard and took a lot of retries and a lot of time. But I think it helped me improve faster.

I used the Feisar, but try different ships and stick to the one you find best, it's all about personal preference.

So instead of jumping straight into Elite mode, should I get all the golds on Novice and then move onto Elite? Or go up to the next difficulty, then up again until I reach Elite? Because if it helps with the platinum, I don't mind spending the extra hours.

I've been using the Piranha to get ready for Beat Zico, but it goes rather slow. Should I change?

yea dont use piranha, piranha races like a log that can hit high speeds, its better to get a ship that you can handle as little tricks like speed pads and barrel rolls can help you get top speed quicky.

I personally find extremely difficult to handle the ship without pilot assist on.

I golded all races in novice and maybe got too much used to the pilot assist, so i keep banging against the edges...

just 3 trophies to Plat, but the hardest ones (Zone Zeus, Elite Camp. Legend, Beat Zico), so I might even give it up...

• 1 year later...

I'd say to do the campaign on Novice to get a real feel for the game but if you start finding it too easy, try some events on Skilled or even Elite if you feel you can.

Also stay away from the piranha, if you're going for the plat, you're most likely gonna do 99 laps and Zico together, you'll have plenty of time to practice with the piranha.

gl ^^

• 4 months later...
I got this as part of the "Welcome Back" deal, along with R&C Quest for Booty and have just begun. It is infuriating. I've attempted the "Beat Zico trophy" and felt pure and utter rage towards the game, more fury than I have ever felt towards a game before, and so I gave up and proceeded to the campaign. The first set of cells were fine on Elite difficulty, excluding Vineta K race, but the next set is pure hell.

How did anybody platinum this game? Seriously?

Guess I'm not a gamer... I felt like bashing the stupid PS3 so that it broke.

I agree, this game is quite the challenge.