Elite Campaign Discussion thread

ManUtd94

Discuss anything Campaign related here*

Hey, just thought I would make this thread so we can all help each other along the tough journey of elite.

We all no how hard the pantom races are so it will be much appreciated if you posted your tips and tricks to help me and the community out.:D

My own personal Tips:

-Control settings-

Airbrakes-100%

Pitch and steering off

Acceleration sensetivity-10%

Pilot assist OFF

It's basically impossible to win an Elite race with pilot assist on unless your some kind of Inhuman God.

-Racing+Tournaments-

Obviouslly this is were Elite is very hard. Tournaments are alot easier to win than races so therfore it shouldn't be to much of a problem. 2nd and 3rd in most of the races should guarantee you the win.

Now onto Races.:eek: Venom, Flash and rapier races aren't a problem really for an average WipEout gamer like me but phantom races are mostly all about luck. The best thing I found was to only pay attention to the track and forget about the other AI unless you have a weapon etc. If you notice you will see that your phantom speed laps are much quicker than your actual races. This is because your focusing only on 1 thing whilst doing speed laps and 2 things whilst racing. No matter what winning phantom races requires mostly luck and if you just keep at it you will eventually get a good run and the AI will have a bad run. I suggest using Icaras or Pirhana for Venom/Flash races and Time trials/speed laps. Zone use anything. Races and tournaments-For races with lot's of turns such as Sebenco climb I use Feisar and for race tracks like Chengou Project I use AG-Systems. Some of the tips here have been given to me by good friends such as---Metzou/mcrash3000/EliteBren and other people.

Big thanks to them as I was struggling with the 2nd event and with there excellent tips I am now on the 8th event.:D

If other people have more tips please share them as it helps us as a community get these ridiculouslly hard trophies.;) Thanks.

I would also like to add that when WipEout FURY is released there will be 13 new veichles with it. And all of them can be used on the original campaign wich is great news. There may be some even better cars with the new pack that could make the Elite campaign much easier. Let's hope so!

Thanks again for any tips posted and sorry if theres spelling mistakes.:)

Edited by ManUtd94

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Tip*

I suggest using Goteki 45 for beating Chengou Project on elite/phantom.

I won the race on my 7th try.

Goteki 45 is great for when your turning corners as your thrust really speeds you up. On my first 6 tries I got 3rd place evreytime then finally getting ahead of the pack quick is the key factor. Good luck.

Here is my posistion after each lap:

Lap 1-6th posistion

Lap 2-5th posistion

Lap 3-3rd posistion

Lap 4-3rd posistion

Lap 5-1st posistion(Then I went on to win the race):D

My finishing time was 2:11:39

Airbrakes 100%? Well, I know it all comes down to personal preferences, but with airbrakes seto to 100% I'd probably never win any of the rapier/phantom races ; ) I used 60% + Harimau on nearly all the races. I think I only used Mirage on Metropia and Sol 2, but I cannot be sure, it's been a while ago : f

Airbrakes 100%? Well, I know it all comes down to personal preferences, but with airbrakes seto to 100% I'd probably never win any of the rapier/phantom races ; ) I used 60% + Harimau on nearly all the races. I think I only used Mirage on Metropia and Sol 2, but I cannot be sure, it's been a while ago : f

So if I tone my airbreakes down it should be a bit easier?:confused:

WOW the Goteki 45 is amazing.:D

I just beat Sebenco Climb aswell on my 5th go.:D

Well other than Sol 2, what else is hard?

Edit*

WOW I just beat Sol 2 first go.

How good can it get?

Edited by ManUtd94

what is the hardest part of the elite campaign?

i am planning on sweeping all the single races first then going for everything else

The hardest ones are:

Phantom/Elite

Chengou Project

Sebenco Climb

Sol 2

Evreything else is not hard.;)

any tips for chengou project? its driving my last nerve

Hahaha lol I hear ya.

Well use the Goteki 45.

Airbrakes 100%<<Its great for me.

Learn the feel of phantom speed. After a few tries on phantom races, phantom will almost feel like venom.

Only use green items, anything thats not green you should absorb unless your health is 70+. Dont focus on the other cars/AI, just pay attention to the track. Practice, practice and practice. The AI will eventually have a bad race and it will be very easy for you. Aim for a time of 2:11:50 or below and you should be guaranteed a win for Chengou. Learn the track and it will become so much easier. Barrel roll alot but if you are 35 or less on health absorb the items you get unless there either pilot assist or Speed boost.

If theres anything else just ask.;)

Good luck and I hope this helps.:)

Yay i just got it, i try to focus on the track but the opponents just hammer me with their weapons. i got it with the feisar, those turns were too much for the goteki 45

Well it depends.

I have played this game for over 100hrs so I have lot's of skill when it comes to turning.

Oh and well done on getting it.

Try Sebenco Climb now, similar tips apply really except it's a bit easier than Chengou. Sol 2 I found very easy. GOTEKI 45 all the wayyyy.:D

Well other than a handful of bronze and silvers, this is my last hurdle. I've already wrapped up zone zeus, beat zico, and arcade perfect. It's going to be a long grind.

--Korea

Good luck.

Evreything is prett easy except those 3 particular phantom tracks.

I don't think this is long either. I've played on Elite for about 7hrs and im almost done.

i just finished every single race, now to sweep up the tournaments and speed laps. . . . tomorrow

Nice!

Elite in my opinion is hard yes but with a bit of practice you can win easily.

Hell, I've beaten Chengou Project 3 times on Elite/phantom now and some poor buggers can't even do it once. Hahahahah.:p

What else you got left now for platinum after Elite campaign?

Nice!

Elite in my opinion is hard yes but with a bit of practice you can win easily.

Hell, I've beaten Chengou Project 3 times on Elite/phantom now and some poor buggers can't even do it once. Hahahahah.:p

What else you got left now for platinum after Elite campaign?

livery liberation

and all the online trophies