Your least favorite track

Thianis

Which one is your most unfavorite track in the original campaign?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is your most unfavorite track in the original campaign?

I'm wondering which track is perceived to be the most annoying. Some folks here have been ranting about one track or another, with two particular candidates that seem to be especially hated.

Now, the question is, which one do YOU hate the most?

You may choose from the tracks listed - with "None" being a valid answer as well (it's also listed as an option).

Since this is multiple choice, please make sure that when you cast "None" as your vote, you don't select any other answer - that would seem rather awkward.

Furthermore, I have set this poll to public - there's absolutely no shame in admitting that one or more of these tracks is getting you riled, so feel free to participate.

I, for my part, think that all of the tracks are perfectly manageable (what a change in thoughts, duh! :D ) so I don't have any particular unfavorite any more (in fact, I'm currently doing Meltdown on Elite, and even Chenghou Project and Sol 2 didn't require more than two or three attempts to get a gold medal).

Edited by Thianis

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Only just got wipeout and a ps3 but it used to be Sebenco when I played a lot with my mate. Now I love that track so much. I'm not a fan of Sol 2 not really tough but a bit boring compared to the others imo and to be honest I think its my least fave since Wipeout on ps1

Edited by Subrax

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Sebenco Climb... I despise that track. Whenever that track was on a tournament I knew I wasn't going to get 1st place. The turns would really mess me up. Was a track I never mastered. So I voted for Sebenco Climb.

Sol. 2 could be annoying but at it was fair. Sure, you could fall off the track at any moment but at least it was fair to finish first.

I actually really liked Chenghou Project, I always did good on that track.

I'm only at Rapier level on Elite now, so I can't comment on how each track is on Phantom, but so far the one that's given me the most trouble even at Venom (especially at Venom, in fact) is Sol 2. Unless you know how to do a barrel roll, it's a real bitch. And the barrel rolls in that track require some thinking outside the box. Even then, a barrel roll doesn't guarantee a win. Hitting all the speed pads is a tad annoying without the AI, but with the AI, I find myself trailing all the time, getting hit by weapons and unable to even hit every speed pad, which if I hit still wouldn't guarantee me a win on Sol 2.

Edited by TrustCrusher

Am currently working on my Elite Playthrough & am on the 6th area, Speed Freak. I aim to do all the zone, time trials & speed laps first, then races/tournaments.

Moa Therma: I am currently doing a time trial on this, chopping & changing between ships too. Not that the track is terribly difficult or anything it is the barrel roll opertunities that define these for me, you really got to think a bit outside the box on these. Specifically on Moa Therma nailing a barrel roll on the S bend onto s/f straight is hard to consistently do on each of the 4 timed laps.

Sol 2: same concept here, barrel roll chances.

Just conscious that these chances will become less & less into Dropzone & Meltdown. I find the races & tournaments fine, mostly luck related, 1 of 3 ships really:

1. Feisar for cornering/ handling.

2. Goteki-45 for best off the start (might get to a few weapon pads ahead of CPU).

3. Icarus / Piranha for the straight line speed.

Not sure where the lack of love is coming from for Sebenco Climb & Chenghou Project, everyone to their own of course, but I get a great sense of satisfaction on these tracks, think these two tracks alone keep me interested & coming back to this game.

Edited by bodfred

Now that I've only got two events in the way of me getting ECL, I believe I can more accurately comment on the difficulty of each track.

For Venom/Flash/Rapier: Sol 2

For Phantom: Chenghou Project

It's interesting that on Phantom class, Sol 2 seems to me to be more lenient towards mistakes made on my end. Or maybe I can race cleaner on Phantom. Yet for Chenghou Project, a track that I found very manageable even on Rapier, is giving me trouble on Phantom. Not so much because of the track, but because the AI is particularly ruthless on this track. Aside from AI, there is also that infamous left turn, which makes me crash into the wall most times. Since the AI will never make the mistake of ramming themselves into the wall, that is a place where I most commonly lose precious seconds.

That said, once I get a good run on Chenghou and finish the Tournament, I'll be done Meltdown and ECL. These tracks are all manageable, in reality.

By the way, don't know why Sebenco Climb is so commonly chosen. That track was tough when I was learning it and particularly on Rapier, when the speed really ramps up, but once you know the turns, it's just a matter of turning early, often with both airbrakes and stick. It also has plenty of BR opportunities, so no excuse on that one.

Edited by TrustCrusher

• 3 months later...

Vineta K, I suck at that track, and it's also so damn ugly. I don't get it why Sol 2 is getting so much hate, it's not that hard to master, and it's my favourite track in terms of visuals. Back when I was noob trying to beat Chengou Phantom, I hated it with passion, but now after hundreds of laps I feel very confident on that track, same thing with Sebenco. So to sum up, Vineta K is nightmare even after tons of practice, the rest are fine.

• 1 month later...

Sebenco Climb is my nemesis track. Never get to grips with it. Currently its only track/race I need in Campaign to get Elite gold on. Just managing a Silver or Bronze award all the time so far.

I just never get consistancy on this track. I probably do one good lap per race, sometimes not at all.

• 1 month later...

I voted Moa Therma, but for a slightly different reason, I found it to be the most boring track. Chenghou was the hardest to win a race on phantom, but at least there's barrel roll attempts.

The track I love that everyone hates is Sebenco Climb. I can beast it. This phantom race on this is the only one where I change karts to Feisar. Everything else I use Assegai, barring reverse tracks.

Edited by mfCHI

• 4 weeks later...

It has to be Sebenco Climb as my top, although it has gotten better the more I learn the track and improve my skills, but it was damn hard at the beginning for me.

My second least would probably be Ubermall and that's only because of the annoying hairpin turn it has that I've yet to master... :think:

Others aren't too bad I personally think. My favorite is either Anulpha Pass or Moa Therma due to the track layout or concept.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am close to finishing ECL (only 3 Single Races [Vineta K, Ubermall and Metropia], 1 Time Trial [Vineta K] and a Tournament [8 Races]; everything on Meltdown left) and have to say two tracks gave me particularly trouble across the speed classes.

Venom: No track at all (maybe Sol 2 a little)

Flash: Sol 2, Chengou Project

Rapier: Sol 2, Chengou Project

Phantom: Chengou Project

Out of all the other tracks not even Sebenco Climb gave me much trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

Sol 2, every other track I'm comfortable to 1st 99% of the time apart from perhaps Ubermall, I find with Sol 2 it's so easy to mess up your line sometimes, like it's an easy track in regards to not crashing and basically looking like you're doing "well" but it's easy to mess up your driving line setting you like 1s or so behind a guy because of a slow corner or because the wrong approach taking you wide.

• 2 months later...

I voted 'none', I like them all :shock:

In this thread, the most common reason people are giving for hating a particular track, is to do with the A.I, which is understandable, :whistle: but has nothing to do with the track itself; would they feel the same if they were racing against friends instead of A.I?

Edited by guylian

• 8 months later...

Chenghou Project. Whenever a Tournament came around, I could guarantee this would be my worst result. I could never consistently manage the first hairpin without crashing, and it's ridiculous how much the A.I. gains on you throughout the first half of the track, even when you absolutely nail the racing line. Whenever possible, I tried to exploit the autpilot pickup throughout the twisty sections, because the A.I. sure knows how to navigate it better than me :(.

Every other track was ok, Sebenco Climb would probably be my second worst, but it's nowhere near as shitty as Chenghou Project.