SubZero89

Is this the end of WipEout? Studio Liverpool has closed. Is this it now for Sonys flagship futuristic racer? Its a sad sad day for me personally :(. WipEout defined the Playstation & WipEout HD was 1 of my favourite PS3 games.

Will someone else pick up the franchise? Feser how i'll miss thee. Farewell my elegant friend :(.

It's very disappointing to see Studio Liverpool has gone under. I really don't know if the franchise will be continued or not but if they do pass it on to another developer, they have their work cut out for them as there will be high expectations. I doubt the series will ever be the same again.:(

Since Sony Liverpool has gone under and the Vita version of the game was a dismal failure, then I'd say the odds are the Wipeout franchise is dead in the water.

It's very disappointing to see Studio Liverpool has gone under. I really don't know if the franchise will be continued or not but if they do pass it on to another developer, they have their work cut out for them as there will be high expectations. I doubt the series will ever be the same again.:(

If the franchise ever does get revived, it'll be done by Evolution Studios who made MotorStorm as Studio Liverpool has connections with them. It's a real shame that Sony decided to close down a developer whose predecessor was responsible for one of the most successful and recognisable PlayStation exclusives.

If the franchise ever does get revived, it'll be done by Evolution Studios who made MotorStorm as Studio Liverpool has connections with them. It's a real shame that Sony decided to close down a developer whose predecessor was responsible for one of the most successful and recognisable PlayStation exclusives.

I agree wipeout will never be the same but it would be cool to have both my favourite racers made by the same developer (MS is my 2nd fav to Wipeout). I still dont think they will make it as good, i really dont see why sony had to dispatch them, HD was a massive success and I dont know anyone that hated it so if they could have made another ps3 game then it would hvae showed their success

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

How long till the online server goes under too? Definitely going to be working on this game now.

It's a sad fact of gaming these days, but developers really should learn (Nintendo especially):

Trophies/Achievements are a huge selling point for games these days. Create a game with a insanely difficult platinum? You'll get good enough sales, but not amazing sales.

Create a game with easy trophies? (Aabs Animals, .detuned, Hannah Montana) You'll get a lot of sales.

The only console free from this is the Wii U and the Wii, because they don't have an achievement system. I'm looking forward to more games on my U, but is it really a wonder why it's failing?

I doubt most people buy a game cause of the trophies' easiness.

Infact you can see that the most popular (onwed) games are the ones with some of the lowest Plat-achievement percentage (i.e. on PSN Profiles - PS3 Trophies, PS Vita Trophies & Trophy Cards), that's because most people buy and play without caring much for the Platinum or for trophies in general.

What I believe counts is the playability of the game itself: if it is too difficult o PLAY, then people get frustrated, but if the game is fun to play then you're gonna get some sales.