WipEout HD - Trophy Guide and Road Map

Harry94_

http://i.imgur.com/jytRsT6.png

Found this guide via a Google search? Not a registered member? Then why not

Join the forum!. Please do not steal/paraphrase this guide and post it on another site. If I find this content posted anywhere but ps3trophies.org then action will be taken. If you see this content posted anywhere else then let myself or the staff here know. Thank you!

The servers closed on March 29th, 2018 so all the online trophies and the (P) are now unobtainable.

Road Map

Overview:

• Platinum difficulty: 9.15/10 (Platinum Difficulty Thread)
  • Trophy Breakdown: 38
    Offline: 33 (22 (B), 5 (S), 5 (G)1 (P) )
    Online: 5 (3 (B), 2 (S)) - No long possible, due to server closure.
  • Approximate amount of time to Platinum: 50hrs+(Depending on skill)
  • Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1
  • Number of missable trophies: None
  • Glitched trophies: None
  • Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats
  • Online Pass?: There is no online pass

Useful Links

Introduction

WipEout HD Fury (The Fury part is the DLC) is a racing game set in the future, it doesn't use cars but instead uses incredibly fast anti-gravity ships that depending on speed class can go faster than 700kph. The game itself is enjoyable, it's fun, challenging and chances are you got it for free in the Welcome Back package, so there's no loss if you don't like the game. As you may already know, this is one of the hardest Platinums on the PS3 mainly due to the "Beat Zico" and "Elite Campaign Legend" trophies, both are hard to obtain. The game doesn't have much grinding it it apart from getting loyalty points but if you have the Fury DLC it's a lot easier to get loyalty points due to the game modes it brings. This game takes skill and dedication to Platinum, don't think it will be an easy ride as it's not. I wish you good luck in getting one of the hardest Platinums on the PS3!

My Settings, Controller Configuration and Choice of Ship

These are what I used for my run on both Campaign and Racebox, it makes things a heck of a lot easier (I found that it did anyway) so I recommend the following:

My Controller Configuration:

:r1: Right airbrake

:l1: Left airbrake

:r2: Look behind

:l2: Reset lap (speed lap)

:cross: accelerate

:ls: Barrel Roll

Motion Sensor: off

Everything else, default.

That's all I used button wise. Setting the airbrakes to :r1: and :l1: makes things so much better and once I did that I flew threw beat Zico and Elite Campaign Legend. I also only used :l3: for barrel rolling and not :left: and :right:. If you set :l2: as reset lap it makes things a lot better when going for beat Zico because you can reset the timer and get your speed boost back again.

My settings:

Motion Sensor: Off

Motion Sensitivity: N/A (Motion sensor is off)

Acceleration sensitivity: 40%

Airbrake Sensitivity: 100%

My Ship of Choice:

At first I used the Harimau because it has the best stats but I really struggled using it in the later race cells, so I switched to the Feisar, which in my opinion is the best ship to choose. It has excellent handling, great shields and also it's small so you can navigate easier with it. I recommend using Feisar for every event.

Ultimately it's your choice but if the Feisar isn't working for you, then switch to something that works best for you.

Walkthrough

Step 1: Complete the Campaign on Elite

Firstly, go to "Campaign" and start doing the race events. Now I recommend you complete the Campaign on Elite first because then you don't have to complete the whole game again but if you're having a really tough time, go through on Novice to get used to the feel of the game and get used to the tracks etc. Getting an Elite pass isn't easy but it's not impossible either. You just have to practice, practice, practice to get it done. I found SOL 2 and Chenghou Project to be the hardest two tracks and events to pass, especially on Phantom speed but if you use Side Shift and airbrakes a lot and perfect a racing line, you should be able to get gold on everything. See above for the ship and settings which I used.

If your having trouble on any track, just leave it and come back to it later or you can go to "Racebox" and then set up a speed lap on the track your struggling on. This way you can practice the corners without the pesky A.I shooting at you or getting in the way.

Also during this step, try to get as many misc trophies as you can such as the trophy for successfully landing your first barrel roll, winning a race with the motion sensor on etc but don't worry much about these as you can get them any time. By the end of this step you should have:

• 1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... (B)
  • Uplift (B)
  • Warped (B)
  • Frenzy (B)
  • Vertigo (B)
  • Head Rush (B)
  • Speed Freak (B)
  • Dropzone (B)
  • Meltdown (B)
  • Campaign Legend (S)
  • Elite Campaign Legend (G)
  • Happy Accident? (B) (H)
  • Rookie Reward (B) (H)
  • Smile Please (B) (H)

The chances are you got a lot of misc trophies as well.

Edited by Terminator
Removed some links and added notes to say the servers have closed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 2: Racebox

This is where the main portion of the games trophies lie, there are a lot of trophies to be earned here through the different game modes but for the purpose of the guide we'll go through it how I did Racebox. Firstly start off on "Zone". Zone is a game mode where there's no accelerator or brake, you go at a constant speed. As you move on through the track the "Zone" will get higher and higher, the higher it gets the quicker it goes. The aim of the game is to survive as long as you can (you get damaged for hitting walls) and get to the highest zone possible. There are only 3 trophies associated with this mode and they are "Zone Zeus", "Airbraker" and "Own the Zone". Zone Zeus is one of the hardest trophies in the game as you need to reach zone 75 which is an incredible speed. As for the other two, there not that bad if you do it on Anulpha Pass or Syncopia, just keep practising and you will eventually get all 3 trophies. See the Trophy Guide for more tips on those trophies.

The next mode you will want to go on is "Speed Lap", set the speed class to "Venom" and then 99 laps. Speed Lap is a mode where you keep doing laps to try and break your best lap, you have one speed boost which you can use once a lap. Now you will want to try and get "Beat Zico" which many say is the hardest trophy in the game. You have to pick the ship "Piranha" and then beat the time of 30.82 on Anulpha Pass forward. Sounds easy? It certainly isn't. You need to perfect a lap and barrel roll at every available moment else you won't do it. You need to sideshift like crazy to, this way you won't slow done as much going through the corners. You will also get "Lapped Out" if you complete all 99 laps so go for that trophy whilst you're at it. You will save time in the future by doing this. You will almost certainly get "Keep Rollin" to as you will do way more than 100 barrel rolls (chances are you got this during the campaign though). For a detailed guide on how to do the perfect lap, refer to the trophy guide. Once you have this trophy you basically have the Platinum so if you can't do this, then move onto the next portion of Racebox and come back to it later.

The next portion of Racebox you want to do is "Single Race", then set the A.I difficulty to Elite and speed class to "Phantom". Single Race is just like the races on campaign, your against 7 ships are you have to come first. You also have a variety of weapons that you pick up by going over the red pads on the track, these either slow the enemy down and damage them or help you in some way. Now you need to get a gold medal on every track, the 8 forward ones and the 8 reverse ones, doing this will grant you the "Arcade perfect" trophy. The reverse tracks are brutal as chances are you've never even raced on them. You want to get used to these tracks as else you will never get gold on them, you can check your progress by going to; "Options" > "Extras" > "Statistics", if the track logo is filled with red then you have got a gold medal on Phantom speed with Elite A.I. There's a handy glitch for this to make things a lot easier, refer to "Arcade Perfect" in the trophy guide for more info on this.

The final part of Racebox is mopping up some the misc trophies like "Flatland Flyer" which requires you just to do a barrel roll on Moa Therma. You will also want to get "Tournament Ace". Other trophies you will want to get now are "Gemini" which requires you to finish 20 split screen races, a tricky trophy called "Motion Master", plus any other trophy your missing to do with Racebox such as "Double Kill" or "Sponge", see the Trophy Guide for more info on all of these.

At the end of this step you should have:

• Airbraker (S)
  • Arcade Perfect (G)
  • Beat Zico (G)
  • Deadly Momentum (B) (H)
  • Double Kill (B)
  • Flatland Flyer (B)
  • Gemini (B) (H)
  • Keep Rollin' (B) (H)
  • Lapped Out (S)
  • Motion Master (B) (H)
  • Own the Zone (B)
  • Sponge (B) (H)
  • Tournament Ace (S)
  • Zone Zeus (G)

Step 3: Loyalty Points

You should now only have the 3 trophies to do with loyalty points and the online trophies left. Loyalty points are gained by using the ship, winning races etc. You get more loyalty points the harder the difficulty, longer the race etc. There are four trophies which require set amount of loyalty points, the first requires 500 on each team and that is "Mercenary", the second is "Livery Liberation" which requires you to get all ship skins and to do that you need 8,000 with each team, the third is "Thanks for the memory" which requires you to play using the two different HUD styles which are unlocked via loyalty points. The final one is "WipEout Disciple" which requires you to get 100,000 accumulated with any team. Refer to the Trophy Guide for more information.

I recommend you stick to one ship for the 100,000 trophy, such as the one you used for campaign and Racebox, whatever it I'd should be on around 50,000 already. The easiest method to get loyalty points is as followed; Go to "Racebox", choose "Zone Battle" as your game mode, then put the A.I difficulty on Elite and the target score at 55 zones. Now select Anulpha Pass forward or Syncopia as the track. If you win and get as many perfect laps as you can, you will get 2,000-3,000 loyalty points for around 2mins work. This is by far the quickest method of getting loyalty points, however, it requires the Fury DLC (If you got the game as part the Welcome Back offer, you should have the DLC). If you don't have the DLC you have to do the long and tedious method of setting up a 99 speed lap event on Anulpha Pass, you get around 4,000 loyalty points from that (depends on perfect laps) but the bad news is, completing 99 speed laps takes about 45mins on Phantom Speed, not very good compared to Zone Battle. At the end of this step you should have:

• Mercenary (B) (H)
  • Thanks for the Memory (B) (H)
  • Livery Liberation (G)
  • WipEout Disciple (S)

Step 4: Online - The servers have closed, thus all of the following trophies are now unobtainable.

The online isn't too bad here, you don't have to do much and it shouldn't take to long to get all the trophies. You will need to boost one if them for certain, and that's "Bling Brigade". There is no way you are going to get that without boosting. The other trophies though are doable without boosting such as Connected 1 and Endurance. If you're not very good at the online and can't beat anybody then you may want to boost Connected 2. AG Assassin isn't as bad as you think either, the kills you get in the DLC game mode Eliminator count towards the 50 so if you're in a big lobby, you should get the trophy after about 5-10 games. If you can't find any games online or your not good at Eliminator, you can always boost it. Here's how I did it; Set up 12 stage tournament (Put every track as Anulpha Pass forward). I won 10 of them, at the end I got 3 of the online trophies. Then I went to find games of Eliminator and played around 10 games of it then AG Assassin popped. I boosted Bling Brigade and found it easy to get. At the end of this step you should have:

• AG Assassin (S)
  • Bling Brigade (B) (H)
  • Connected 1 (B)
  • Connected 2 (S)
  • Endurance (B)
  • Transcendence (P)

Congrats on the Platinum! If for some reason you don't have all the trophies, continue to Step 5.

Step 5: Clean up

Missed out on a Racebox trophy? Still haven't met the requirements for a misc trophy? Well now is the time to go back and mop up what you haven't finished. You should now have the Platinum, congrats!

Edited by Terminator
Removed some links and added a note to save the servers have closed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/000.jpgTranscendence (P)

Earn all the trophies in the game

Unobtainable due to server closure.

Simple enough, earn all 37 of the non DLC trophies to unlock this Platinum. Congrats!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgUplift (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Uplift.

This is the very first cell in the campaign and is on the slowest speed class, which is Venom. Uplift consists of 6 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Vineta K

Speed Lap – Anulpha Pass

Time Trial – Anulpha Pass

Single Race – Vineta K

Single Race – Anulpha Pass

Zone – Vineta K

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy and you can beat them on any difficulty but be aware, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgWarped (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Warped.

This is the second set of cells in the campaign and is still a slow speed class. Warped consists of 8 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Moa Therma

Speed Lap – Chenghou Project

Time Trial – Vineta K

Time Trial – Moa Therma

Single Race – Moa Therma

Single Race – Chenghou Project

Zone – Anulpha Pass

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy and you can beat them on any difficulty. Be aware though that you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgFrenzy (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Frenzy.

This is the third set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events picks up its pace here. Frenzy consists of 10 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Metropia

Time Trial – Chenghou Project

Time Trial – Metropia

Time Trial – Sebenco Climb

Single Race – Moa Therma

Single Race – Metropia

Single Race – Sebenco Climb

Zone – Moa Therma

Tournament – 4 Stages

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy, and you can beat them on any difficulty. Be aware though, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgVertigo (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Vertigo.

This is the forth set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events are a mix, some fast and some slow. Vertigo consists of 10 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Metropia

Speed Lap – Sebenco Climb

Speed Lap – Ubermall

Time Trial – Vineta K

Time Trial – Ubermall

Single Race – Moa Therma

Single Race – Ubermall

Zone – Chenghou Project

Tournament – 4 Stages

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy and you can beat them on any difficulty. Be aware though, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgHead Rush (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Head Rush.

This is the fifth set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events are a mix, faster events and some slow ones. Head Rush consists of 10 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Vineta K

Speed Lap – Ubermall

Speed Lap – Sol 2

Time Trial – Chenghou Project

Time Trial – Ubermall

Single Race – Sol 2

Single Race – Sol 2

Zone – Metropia

Tournament – 4 Stages

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy, and you can beat them on any difficulty. Be aware though, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgSpeed Freak (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Speed Freak.

This is the sixth set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events is even quicker now. Speed Freak consists of 12 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Anulpha Pass

Speed Lap – Ubermall

Time Trial – Vineta K

Time Trial – Moa Therma

Time Trial – Sol 2

Single Race – Metropia

Single Race – Metropia

Single Race – Sol 2

Zone – Sebenco Climb

Tournament – 8 Stages

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy, and you can beat them on any difficulty. But be aware, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgDropzone (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Dropzone.

This is the seventh set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events is even quicker now. Dropzone consists of 14 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Moa Therma

Speed Lap – Sol 2

Time Trial – Metropia

Time Trial – Sebenco Climb

Time Trial – Sol 2

Single Race – Ubermall

Zone – Ubermall

Zone - SOL 2

Tournament – 4 Stages

Tournament – 8 Stages

You only have to get bronze on them for the trophy, and you can beat them on any difficulty. But be aware, you have to beat all the cells on Elite with a gold medal for Elite Campaign Legend.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/001.jpgMeltdown (B)

Obtain a medal for every cell in Meltdown.

This is the final set of cells in the campaign and the speed of the events is now at the very fastest, phantom. Phantom is very fast and your skills will be tested here. Meltdown consists of 17 racing cells, the events you have to beat are:

Speed Lap – Anulpha Pass

Speed Lap – Sol 2

Time Trial – Vineta K

Time Trial – Moa Therma

Time Trial – Metropia

Time Trial – Ubermall

Single Race - Chenghou Project

Single Race - Sebenco Climb

Single Race - Metropia

Single Race - SOL 2

Single Race - Ubermall

Single Race - Vineta K

Single Race - Moa Therma

Tournament – 8 Stages

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/009.jpgCampaign Legend (S)

Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign.

There's 86 racing events in total. You have to get a gold medal on all of them on any difficulty to unlock this trophy. It's not hard to get this on novice as the A.I is easy to beat, this stacks and will also unlock if you completed them all on Elite.

See Elite Campaign Legend for more information on this trophy and a track walkthrough.

Edited by Terminator
Added a server closure notice.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/010.jpgElite Campaign Legend (G)

Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty.

This is one of the hardest trophies in the game, mainly because of the Elite A.I. They can turn corners perfectly, almost like auto pilot. You have to get a gold medal in all 87 events (excluding the Fury DLC) on Elite difficulty. The most brutal tracks are SOL 2 and Chenghou Project, especially on Phantom Speed. During the 8 stage tournaments you just want to focus on keeping your ship alive, if you blow up then that's probably the end of it for you and your chance of winning the tournament. The main thing is though, practice. You can't get enough of it, also pick Feisar as I found it the best out of all the ships. If you like to barrel roll a lot then make sure you absorb nearly every pick up with :circle:, keep quake, autopilot and boost though as they are useful, don't absorb them unless your on very low health. See the tips in the Road Map for my controller scheme. Here's a short walkthrough of the tracks on Phantom Speed:

Vineta K:

Easy enough, not much to say about it apart from the fact there's not many barrel roll spots. You just want to perfect the racing line and hit as many speed pads as you can. This is one of the easier tracks and I'm sure you will have no trouble with it.

Anulpha Pass:

This is an easy track, especially on Phantom. There are very few corners on the track as it is. Firstly you will want to try and get all three speed pads hit on the first corner, use airbrakes and Side Shift as you're going up it. Then go through the 3 speed pads on the straight, now you have the big slope which you will want to pull the nose of the ship up when you go over it so you can get more air for a barrel roll. For the next couple of corners just use a mix between airbrakes, side shift and steering. Go onto the overpass and get all the speed pads, then Side Shift off and you're at the finish line.

Moa Therma:

I don't really know what to say about this but just drive normally, use Side Shift, airbrake etc around the corners and hit every speed pad. There's only one barrel roll opportunity and that's at the very end by going over the speed pad and slightly cutting the corner, you can barrel roll. It's dangerous though as you could fly off the edge.

Chenghou Project:

A horrible track that takes ages to master. Firstly you want to hit the pickup pad instead of the boost as the boost usually just sends you into the wall, hopefully you'll get something good in it to. For the very sharp left you need to use airbrakes and steering to get through it, else you will smack the wall. For the broken parts of the track, do a barrel roll and try to miss the 2nd broken track part as it's quicker, for the downhill slope keep the ships nose down or you get too much air and the ship goes to slow. The next few corners are self explanatory. Once you reach the large jump, you can barrel roll down or just go down. I didn't barrel roll as barrel rolling on this track is dangerous. For the S turns, just drive straight through them. Get the two speed pads as you approach then end.

Metropia:

Easy enough track, there's not many places to barrel roll but if you have boost you can boost up the hill at the first bit and get a nice barrel roll. Be careful with this track as you it's got lots if sharp corners, so remember to use airbrakes and side shift when going around them to avoid hitting the wall. For the gravity tracks, make sure to go through all the speed pads.

Sebenco Climb:

A brutal tight track where many A.Is will get eliminated (4 got eliminated on my game). You will want to use side shift and airbrakes around the first sharp left, then barrel roll on the hill. Use side shift and airbrakes over the next few corners until you reach the large hill. You can barrel roll down it if you pull the ships nose up but only do it if you want to. Remember to get all the speed pads. Just before the S turns is another opportunity to barrel roll, if you go over the speed pad. Go straight through the S turns then use a combination of airbrakes and steering, then the lap is over.

Ubermall:

Easy enough track with lots of barrel roll opportunities and boost areas. The first part of the track is easy, for the fork in the road, take the left lane as it's easier to hit the speed pad. Barrel roll on the hill and fly over the corner, now try to avoid smacking the other corner. Coming up now is a very annoying hairpin, you have to turn early and exit early or you will hit the wall and lose speed and health. At the very end, if you have boost you can use it to boost over the hill and barrel roll.

SOL 2:

I hate this track and is worst track in the game in my opinion. The A.I bump you off the edge and shoot you off the edge all the time which is very annoying. The first few corners are easy, when you reach the very long right hand turn make sure to use airbrakes etc and then get the speed pad as you exit, for the next corner keep a constant steering pattern else you will hit the wall. There's a barrel roll opportunity at the end of the corner if you lift the ships nose up. For these next few corners just drive normally and you should be fine. The final corner can be hard to get right, make sure you turn early and side shift to, that way you will avoid hitting the wall.

For more help, check out Dark_Phantom_89's awesome tips and tricks guide:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/56976-wipeout-hd-tips-tricks.html

Also, here is the Elite Campaign discussion thread:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/18026-elite-campaign-discussion-thread.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/011.jpgDeadly Momentum (B) (H)

Get eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty.

This trophy is easy, you just need to get eliminated on Novice difficulty, either in the the campaign or Racebox. As you should be playing through the campaign on Elite, just get this trophy during the time you do Racebox.

Set up a game on "Anulpha Pass" and remember to put the difficulty on Novice. It doesn't matter what speed class you choose but let's say Venom because it's easy to navigate and you won't bump into walls. Now you will want to go through every mine and bomb possible that the A.I drop and also hopefully get hit by their other weapons, do some barrel rolls to and get your health down. The trophy will only pop if the A.I eliminates you, not from you crashing into the edges.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/012.jpgSmile Please (B) (H)

Use Photo Mode to take a photo.

You should get this during the Campaign but you can do it any time. During a race press :start: and then click "Photo Mode" to enter Photo Mode. Now you just want to take a picture, it can be of anything. Just make sure to save the photo. Trophy will pop shortly afterwards.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/013.jpgRookie Reward (B) (H)

Win any race with Pilot Assist on.

Another easy trophy, for this you just have to win a race with pilot assist on. You can do this during campaign or Racebox but I recommend Racebox because you will be up against the Elite A.I during the campaign and pilot assist really slows you down. Pilot Assist is set to on by default but if you turned it off, turn it back on by pressing :start: then putting pilot assist to "on". You have to play a full race with it on.

How I did it was put Pilot Assist on and then went to the racing cell "Uplift" in the campaign and played the single race "Anulpha Pass" and won it. The trophy unlocks after winning the race.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/014.jpg1 Gold Medal won, 86 to go... (B)

Obtain your first gold medal.

Self explanatory. Just get a gold medal on any event in the campaign to get this trophy. It doesn't have to be an Elite gold, it can be any gold medal. Upon getting your first gold medal, the trophy will unlock shortly afterwards.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/015.jpgHappy Accident? (B) (H)

Execute your first successful barrel roll.

This is a very easy trophy that you're guaranteed to get during your campaign playthrough. As you probably already know, you barrel roll by moving the :ls: left and right quickly while your ship is in the air (went up a ramp etc) you can also use :left: and :right: but I find it impossible with them. This performs a barrel roll and gives the ship a speed boost. You can't barrel roll if your health is less than 15 as barrel rolling takes 15 of your health to do it. Upon successfully landing your first barrel roll, the trophy will unlock shortly afterwards.

Edited by Harry94_
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/016.jpgThanks for the Memory (B) (H)

Win a Campaign, Racebox or Online race using each HUD style variation.

This trophy is about using the different HUD styles, there are 3 different ones (one is the default one and you should have already won a race with it) required for the trophy and you unlock them as follows:

Wipeout 2097 HUD - To unlock this HUD style you need to get any ship's loyalty points up to 6,000. Once you've done that you will get a notification after finishing a race that you have unlocked a new HUD style.

Wip3out HUD – To unlock this HUD style you need to get any ship's loyalty points up to 10,000. Once you've done that you will get a notification after finishing a race that you have unlocked a new HUD style.

Once you've unlocked both, simply go to "Options" and change the HUD style to one of those. Now simply go to Racebox, set up a race on Anulpha pass with Novice A.I and just win the race. Repeat for the other HUD style and the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/017.jpgMotion Master (B) (H)

Win a Campaign or Racebox race with the motion sensor option set to 'pitch and steering'. Directional buttons, Left Stick & Pilot Assist cannot be used to obtain this trophy.

This trophy is a pain because it takes a while to get used to the motion sensitivity controls. Firstly you want to go onto "Options" then "Controls", "Player 1" and where it says "motion sensor" change the option to 'Pitch and Steering'. While your also on this menu turn pilot assist off as it has to be off for the trophy. Now go to "Racebox" and set up a single race with Venom speed, novice A.I. Now choose Anulpha Pass as the track is easy, choose any ship. Now don't touch the steering or airbrakes else the trophy won't unlock, just tilt the controller much like you would a Wii controller. It takes some getting used to but if you hit every speed pad and fire weapons at the A.I you should win. Also, there is another method mentioned by ShadowStrife in which you can just set up a two player race on split screen, win with player 1 only using the motion sensor only and then you can finish the race normally with the 2nd controller. The trophy will unlock that way.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/018.jpgFlatland Flyer (B)

Execute and land a successful barrel roll on Moa Therma.

There's only one place to barrel roll on Moa Therma and that's at the very end. Firstly you will want to set up a speed lap on Moa Therma and select Phantom Speed. You will now want some drive behind you so you will reach the final corner quicker, you will notice a speed pad on the track. Line yourself up behind it and then drive over it and cut the corner and pull the ships nose up to get some air. You have enough time to get a barrel roll done here, trophy will unlock shortly after landing a successful barrel roll. See the video below by Pez1735 for a better view on things, credit to him:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSAj1WQkM6w]Wipeout HD - Flatland Flyer Trophy - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/019.jpgOwn the Zone (B)

Get 20 consecutive perfect zones in a single Zone Mode event.

This one isn't easy if you're not to good at Zone, you have to get 20 back to back perfect laps. It's easier if you do it from Zone 1-20 as it isn't as fast. I recommend going on Syncopia if you have the DLC or Anulpha pass if you don't. You will want to use all 3 manoeuvres to get around the track which are; Side Shift, airbrakes and steering. There aren't many corners on Syncopia, only the first few you have to be careful with but if you keep practising, you will eventually get 20 perfect laps. You know when you've done a perfect lap as the woman says "Perfect Lap" and it says it on the screen to. Upon meeting the requirements, the trophy will pop during the game of Zone.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/020.jpgDouble Kill (B)

Eliminate at least two opponents in any race.

This trophy isn't that easy, you have to eliminate two opponents during a Campaign or Racebox race. I personally got this during the the meltdown single race, Sebenco climb. That track is very tight and if you fire Plasma rounds (one hit kill on elite), Rockets etc at the few sane enemies you will eliminate two in one race. Another way to do it is set up a single race on race box and put the speed on Venom, pick a track your familiar with and then stick at the back. You will want to fire everything at 7th place, once they are eliminated, move onto the next one. The trophy will unlock upon eliminating the second A.I during the race.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/021.jpgAirbraker (S)

Reach Zone 50 (Subsonic) in Zone Mode on any track using only airbrakes and sideshift. Motion sensor controls must be turned off.

This isn't that bad, because air brakes are basically the better steering steering method anyway. You will want to choose Syncopia if you have the DLC as it's the easiest track to do it on. If however you don't you will want to get it on Anulpha pass. You cannot touch the Analogues or the D-pad, if you do the trophy won't unlock. To prevent you from touching those buttons, hold the controller differently. Another piece of advice is to do as I said in the roadmap and set the airbrakes to :l1: and :r1:, this way it's easier to control it and side shift. The trophy will unlock during the zone game if you meet the requirements.

There is a glitch which you can use to get the trophy but in my opinion it's more hassle than it's worth so I recommend just doing it normally. Here's the link anyway:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/117555-zone-zeus-glitch-guide.html

Edited by Harry94_
Editorial Sweep.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/022.jpgTournament Ace (S)

Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty.

This is a very easy Silver trophy if you do what I say. Go into "Racebox" then select "Tournament" and put the speed class on whatever your comfortable with (I chose Phantom), then put the Elite difficulty on Skilled. Now you will want to pick the tracks, press :square: on Anulpha Pass (Forward) to add it to the list, do this until there is 8 Anulpha Pass (Forward)s in the track list. Now just make sure to come first place in all 8 races, if you don't come first you will have to retry and do it all again. The trophy will unlock upon coming first in all 8 of the races.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/023.jpgZone Zeus (G)

In Zone Mode, reach Zone 75 on any track.

You can see what zone you are on by looking at the left hand side of the screen while racing. You will advance Zones every 10 seconds or so.

Similar to Airbraker but this time you can use any of the buttons. You have to reach Zone 75 which is a very very fast zone. You will want to choose Syncopia if you have the DLC as it's the easiest track to do it on. If however you don't you will want to get it on Anulpha pass. Another piece of advice is to do as I said in the roadmap and set the airbrakes to :l1: and :r1:, this way it's easier to control it and side shift. This is one of the hardest trophies in the game, so don't give up as it will take you a lot of tries to get to Zone 75. You need to perfect Syncopia so you can take all the corners without hitting them, hitting them takes loads of health off of you so avoid them at all costs. I also suggest playing in the view where the ship is furthest away from the screen, you do this by pressing :triangle: while racing. Once you reach Zone 75 the trophy will pretty much pop straight away.

There is a glitch which you can do to get the trophy but in my opinion it's more hassle than it's worth so I recommend just doing it normally. Here's the link anyway:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/117555-zone-zeus-glitch-guide.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/024.jpgArcade Perfect (G)

Finish 1st on all 16 tracks in Phantom class Racebox races on Elite difficulty.

This trophy isn't that hard if you use the glitch. The glitch is done by you setting up two controllers and racing on split-screen. This way the A.I slow right down as WipEout has a system where the slower you are going, the slower the A.I go, and as Player 1 isn't moving, the AI are slowed down. It doesn't make it that easy though, the reverse tracks are still brutal if you haven't played them before. Firstly you will want to go to "Racebox" and set the game mode to "Single Race". Put the speed class on "Phantom" and then the A.I on "Elite". Only do the next part if you want to glitch it. Now plug in a second controller and put the players up to 2, choose how you want the screen to (horizontal or vertical). Choose a race and the start, now just race with Player 2, don't do anything with Player 1. You will notice the A.I are a lot slower. Be careful though not to smack into player 1 as that will slow you down a lot. If you do this on all 16 tracks then you only need to do 4 more split-screen games for the Gemini trophy.

I highly recommend using the glitch if your having a tough time, especially on the reverse tracks. I struggled on a few of the reverse tracks even using the glitch, the small screen doesn't help either. You can check your progress on Arcade Perfect by going to "Options" > "Extras" > "Statistics", on the bottom of the first page there's 16 track logos in squares, the ones in grey mean you haven't beaten them on Phantom and Elite, the ones in red mean you have. Once they are all red, the trophy will unlock.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/025.jpgBeat Zico (G)

Equal or beat the lap time of 30.82 seconds on Anulpha Pass (Forward), Speed Lap, Venom using the Piranha.

This is without doubt, one of the hardest trophies on the game and maybe even the PS3. I highly recommend you listen to my advice in the Road Map to do with the control scheme as it will make things much easier for you. Firstly you need to go onto "Racebox" and set up a "Speed Lap" on venom speed and put 99 laps. You now have to pick the ship "Piranha", you can pick the Fury version and obtain the trophy with it but it doesn't help as it has only got increased stats on thrust. You should also go for the 100 barrel rolls trophy (if you haven't already got it and the 99 laps trophy while doing this. Follow my short guide below on how you go about doing your lap:

1. Firstly do a lap without using your speed boost, then use it just before you finish the lap. This will give you a little boost when starting the next lap and shave time off.
  2. For the first left hand turn, hit all 3 speed pads, for the last one hit the one on the right. You will want to side shift around this corner to, that say you'll get a better exit and racing line.
  3. You will notice a bump in the track that is like an S. You will want to put the nose of the ship down when going down the little bump, then nose up as you come up and then use your boost. You will want to barrel roll in the air to, this is barrel roll #1.
  4. From the speed of the barrel roll you just did you can now barrel roll down the steep hill for barrel roll #2. You may even get a third in but I could never do that. Try and get close to the speed pad when doing the barrel roll to for extra boost.
  5. For the next few corners use the airbrakes and side shift, remember to hit all the speed pads.
  6. You will reach a sharp right and then 3 speed pads, you will want to go to the speed pad furthest left and while your on it sideshift right to get a little extra boost.
  7. Now the hard part, you need to barrel roll onto the overpass. This isn't easy but I will explain how I did it. You will want to go as far to the right of the ramp you can and nose up as you go over it, this way you get more air. As you're in the air down go straight over onto the overpass, go slightly right and then initiate a barrel roll and then quickly line back up with the overpass. This is barrel roll number #3 and is the hardest to pull off.
  8. Now your on the over pass, hit all the speed pads the Side Shift to the left off the ramp and initiate a barrel roll as you fall. This is barrel roll #4.
  9. Carrying on from step 8, you will want to try and land on the speed pad on the right as you land with the barrel roll. Now you've done that you are at the end and if you have done everything I said here perfectly, then you should have beaten or got very close to 30.82. When I first past it using this method I got 30.59.

Top Tip: If you mess the lap up you can always use the "Invalid Lap" button to get your boost back. Go into "Options" > "Controls" and set the EMP/Invalid lap button to :l2: (air brakes should be :r1: and :l1: as I said to do). This benefits you as you can always get your boost back if you much the lap up for use just before the finish line. You have to hold the button for about 3 seconds for it to invalidate the lap. Remember to have motion sensor turned off!!

Here is the discussion thread for this trophy:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/2300-beat-zico-discussion-thread.html

Here is an excellent walkthrough video by HellfireWZ which explains everything, credit to him:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66VL_K7kXt8]Wipeout HD - Beat Zico Tutorial - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/026.jpgMercenary (B) (H)

Get at least 500 loyalty points for each team.

Self explanatory, see Livery Liberation for tips on getting loyalty points fast. Upon getting the final ship on 500, the trophy will unlock. Here's a list of all the ships in alphabetical order:

• AG Systems
  • Assegai
  • Auricom
  • EG-X
  • Feisar
  • Goteki 45
  • Harimau
  • Icarus
  • Mirage
  • Piranha
  • Qirex
  • Triakis

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/027.jpgKeep Rollin' (B) (H)

Execute 100 successful barrel rolls.

A follow up of the Happy Accident? trophy, except this time you need to do 100 successful barrel rolls. You will most certainly get this during the campaign or by trying to get Beat Zico. By the end of my game I had amassed over 1000 barrel rolls. For info on how to barrel roll, see the happy accident trophy.

To check your progress on how many you have done, go to "Options" > "Extras" > "Statistics", one of the pages shows how many successful barrel rolls you have done.

Edited by Terminator
Guide revision by Terminator 13/03/2014.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/028.jpgGemini (B) (H)

Complete 20 two-player, split-screen races.

If you used the glitch for Arcade Perfect you should have already completed 16 of those races. Now you just want to go to "Racebox" and set up a single race but put the players to 2. You need 2 controllers for this but you can do it by yourself, just race with one and finish then deliberately destroy the other one. The trophy will unlock upon completing the 20th race.

To check your progress on how many you have done, go to "Options" > "Extras" > "Statistics" and one of the pages shows how many split-screen races you have done.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/029.jpgSponge (B) (H)

Absorb 500 items.

You will get this as you play through the campaign on Elite as you will be absorbing all the time to get health. To absorb an item you need to press :circle: when you have picked one up. Instead of causing damage with the weapon, it grants you health instead. If you haven't unlocked this by the time you complete the whole game, just go to Racebox and race, then just keep picking up items and absorbing them.

To check your progress on how many you have absorbed, go to "Options" > "Extras" > "Statistics", one of the pages shows how much you have absorbed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/030.jpgEndurance (B)

Finish an online 12 race tournament.

Unobtainable due to server closure

Self explanatory. You need to finish a 12 stage tournament for this to unlock, you and your partner have to stay connected and not quit. Here is how to knock out this trophy, Endurance and Connected 1 at once.

1. Get a boosting partner.

2. Set up a 12 stage tournament with Anulpha Pass being all 12 tracks to make things easier.

3. Your boosting partner will need to make you win the games.

4. Upon winning the 10th race in the tournament, Connected 1 & 2 should both pop. Complete the rest of the tournament to unlock Endurance.

This method knocks out 3/5 of the online trophies for you. You don't need a boosting partner though, you can do it with a random. Just make sure you beat them. Remember to do the same for your partner to.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/031.jpgConnected 1 (B)

Finish 10 online races.

Self explanatory. You need to just finish 10 online races in any place. Here is how to knock out this trophy, Endurance and Connected 1 at once.

2. Set up a 12 stage tournament with Anulpha Pass as all 12 tracks to make things easier.

4. Upon winning the 10th race in the tournament Connected 1 & 2 should both pop. Complete the rest of the tournament to unlock Endurance.

This method knocks out 3 of the 5 online trophies for you. You don't need a boosting partner though, you can do it with a random. Just make sure you beat them and remember to do the same for your partner.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/032.jpgBling Brigade (B) (H)

Finish an eight player online race with all players using ships that are displaying Campaign Skins.

Self explanatory. A Campaign skin is the one you get for getting at least a bronze medal on every event in the HD campaign but you can also use one from the Fury Expansion (credit to AlphaJinRo for the Fury tip). It's a chrome silver one that is at the bottom when choosing a ship's skin. All 8 players must to have that skin on when doing the race. You have to boost this trophy, as it's borderline impossible to do it otherwise. As soon as you finish any race, the trophy will unlock for all 8 players.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/033.jpgConnected 2 (S)

Win 10 online races.

Self explanatory. You need to win 10 online races. Here is how to knock out this trophy, Endurance and Connected 1 at once.

2. Set up a 12 stage tournament with Anulpha Pass as all 12 tracks to make things easier.

4. Upon winning the 10th race in the tournament Connected 1 & 2 should both pop. Complete the rest of the tournament to unlock Endurance

This method knocks out 3 of the 5 online trophies for you. You don't need a boosting partner though, you can do it with a random. Just make sure you beat them. Remember to do the same for your partner to.

Edited by Terminator
Removed the boosting thread links and added notes to say the servers have closed.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/034.jpgLapped Out (S)

Complete 99 laps in a single Racebox, Speed Lap session.

During your time of trying to get Beat Zico you should amass 99 laps before beating the time. If you managed to beat Zico in under 99 laps and quit when you got the trophy, then you will just want to go to "Racebox", "Speed Lap" then Phantom speed. It will take about 45 minutes to finish 99 laps. The trophy will pop on the Results screen.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/035.jpgAG Assassin (S)

Eliminate 50 online opponents.

This isn't as bad as it sounds. If you have the Fury DLC, then you can search for games called "Eliminator" and this is basically just a game mode where you eliminate players to win. After 5-10 games, depending on how many kills you got, you will have the trophy. If you don't have the Fury DLC then you will have to get a boosting partner. Now, you will want to go on any track together. One player keeps driving over a weapon pad and the other just sits there. Keep firing at the player doing nothing until they die, wait for them to respawn. Repeat this 50 times and the trophy will unlock, remember to help your partner out to.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/036.jpgWipEout® Disciple (S)

Obtain 100,000 loyalty points for any team.

You have to reach 100,000 with any ship for this trophy. If you complete the whole campaign and Racebox with one ship, chances are it's on around 60,000-70,000 already. If you have the Fury DLC there's a very good method of getting loyalty points.

The first method is to set up a "Zone Battle" event with Elite A.I and a target of 55 on Syncopia. Choose the ship you have the most loyalty points with. Now don't play the game as it's designed to be played, don't press :square: to boost zones, instead stay behind everybody and just use :circle: for shields so you have more chance of getting a perfect lap. By the time one of the AI has won you would have done quite a lot of perfect laps. This method will give you anywhere between 2,000 and 3,000 loyalty points for less than 5 minutes of racing. Repeat this until you have 100,000 with any ship and the trophy will unlock.

If you don't have the DLC you are going to have to do the long and painful way of setting up a speed lap on phantom speed and racing 99 laps while getting as many perfect laps as you can. This takes around 45 minutes to do and only gives you a tiny 4,000 loyalty points! That is why the Zone battle way is a lot better than the speed lap way.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/21/037.jpgLivery Liberation (G)

Unlock every ship skin in the game.

Note: The Fury DLC skin at the very top when you have Fury installed, doesn't count towards this trophy.

Similar to the 100,000 trophy but for this one you just have to get 8,000 for each ship to unlock all there ship skins. You need to get 8,000 loyalty points with each ship to get the trophy, you also need to get the chrome silver skin from completing the campaign with at least all bronze medals. Here are a few methods of getting loyalty points quickly:

The first method is to set up a "Zone Battle" event with Elite A.I and a target of 55 on Syncopia. Choose the ship you have the most loyalty points with. Now don't play the game as it's designed to be played, don't press :square: to boost zones, instead stay behind everybody and just use :circle: for shields so you have more chance of getting a perfect lap. By the time one of the A.I has won you would have done quite a lot of perfect laps. This method will give you anywhere between 2,000 and 3,000 loyalty points for less than 5 minutes of racing. Repeat this until you have 8,000 with every ship and the trophy will unlock. It should take less than an hour to do, depending on your skill.

If you don't have the DLC then you are going to have to do this the long and painful way, i.e setup a speed lap on Phantom speed and race 99 laps whilst getting as many perfect laps as you can. This takes around 45 minutes to do and only gives you a tiny 4,000 loyalty points! That is why the Zone Battle way is a lot better than the speed lap way. Here is a list of the ships in alphabetical order:

• AG Systems
  • Assegai
  • Auricom
  • EG-X
  • Feisar
  • Goteki 45
  • Harimau
  • Icarus
  • Mirage
  • Piranha
  • Qirex
  • Triakis

Edited by Terminator
Removed the boosting thread link and added a note to say the servers have closed.

Looks very nice so far Harry, good work.

One thing I would change though is the ordering of the tracks listed. The order in the game is:

Core: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma, Chenghou Project, Metropia, Sebenco Climb, Ubermall, Sol 2

DLC: Talon's Junction, The Amphiseum, Modesto Heights, Tech De Ra

Looks very nice so far Harry, good work.

One thing I would change though is the ordering of the tracks listed. The order in the game is:

Core: Vineta K, Anulpha Pass, Moa Therma, Chenghou Project, Metropia, Sebenco Climb, Ubermall, Sol 2

DLC: Talon's Junction, The Amphiseum, Modesto Heights, Tech De Ra

Alright, I'll get that done when I'm home, thanks :)

I'll get that changed, wasn't sure as I got gold on each one before moving on.

Thanks for pointing that out shadowstrife! :)

BTW It still says you need all gold medals for the campaign skins under Bling Brigade.

• 2 weeks later...