'Zone Zeus' Glitch Guide

SandeProElite

I've decided to write a guide on how to perform a glitch to get the trophy Zone Zeus easily. I know that you Wipeout pro gamers have gotten your platinum legit and want others to get them too. BUT, it is a glitch. It's completely allowed on PS3Trophies.org to get trophies using glitches. And if you don't like it and think it's cheating then don't do it. Go and get the trophy the real way. This glitch is for those who want to get the trophy the easy way and don't feel bad doing it.

Now let's get to the guide itself. I'll explain step by step how to unpatch your game and get the trophy. Note: I'd recommend you to back up your save file on a different account or PS+ online storage. I tested it and nothing happened to my save file while doing this because the old version of Wipeout seems to accept the patched save file normally but you can never be too safe.

Step 1: Unpatch your game

The glitch was fixed with a patch in the current version of the game. This means you have to get rid of the new patch if you want to do the glitch.

First of all, delete your game if you have the PSN version. If you have the retail version, you have to get the trophy normally as the game is already patched too far in that version.

After deleting the game, you want to go to PlayStation Store and check your download list for the game. There should be Wipeout HD listed there. Download it. If you have the retail version, you can skip this step.

After you've downloaded and installed the game, you have to use the activation key again to turn it from Trial version to the game itself. Just go back to your download list and download the Activation Key for Wipeout.

Step 2: Start the game

Now you have to start your game. The game will ask you to install the latest patch. Simply press :circle: to ignore it. The game will force you offline and will randomly keep asking you to repatch. Just ignore it everytime it asks.

Step 3: Doing the glitch

Now that you have the unpatched version of the game, you want to go to Zone mode and choose Anulpha Pass (Forward) as your map. Go through the level normally but make sure to take the upper path. You'll notice an arch with a speed pad below it. You want to spawn right under the arch. To do this, you have to drive past the arch a bit and drive off the path to respawn you backwards. It might take a few tries but once you spawn right under the arch, keep holding left or right. I'd recommend using a rubber band on your analog sticks and forcing it to push right so you can leave the game idle. Using this glitch you will keep respawning under the arch and won't lose any health by hitting it. However, you still gain zones. It will take more than 10 minutes to get to Zone 75. Game will also randomly keep asking you to patch the game while doing this. Simply press :circle: on your controller to ignore it. After reaching Zone 75, you should get the trophy.

Step 4: Patching your game

Now you will most likely want to get the lastest version of the game back. Quit your game and start it again. The game will ask you to patch it like always. This time press :cross: to accept the patch. Now just simply wait for it to patch the game. If you have the Fury DLC, you want to go back to the Store and redownload it from your Downloads List. After you have everything done, you should check that all your races and ships are still fine. If not, just get your backed up save. However, I tried this twice and nothing happened to my save.

Now you should have the trophy. It's a cheap way to get it but it works without any cheats or hacks. You don't have to worry about leaderboards either. They won't save scores when you're playing with the unpatched version.

Note: If you unplug your PS3 from the internet, the game won't keep asking for you do the patch.

Below is a video showing the glitch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVIRw_xgRhA]‪Wipeout HD | Zone Zeus | Trophy Guide | PS3 | 720p‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks to HDGamingRoom for the video.

Note: It is possible to achieve Airbraker using the same method. Airbrakes should be set to 10% sensitivity.

Edited by SandeProElite

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to write a guide on how to perform a glitch to get the trophy Zone Zeus easily. I know that you Wipeout pro gamers have gotten your platinum legit and want others to get them too. BUT, it is a glitch. It's completely allowed on PS3Trophies.org to get trophies using glitches. And if you don't like it and think it's cheating then don't get it. Go and get the trophy the real way. This glitch is for those who want to get the trophy the easy way and don't feel bad doing it.

Now let's get to the guide itself. I'll explain step by step how to unpatch your game and get the trophy. Note: I'd recommend you to back up your save file on a different account or PS+ online storage. I tested it and nothing happened to my save file while doing this because the old version of Wipeout seems to accept the patched save file normally.

Step 1: Unpatch your game

The glitch was fixed with a patch in the current version of the game. This means you have to get rid of the new patch if you want to do the glitch.

First of all, delete your game. I did this with the downloaded version of the game but if you have the retail version you have to delete the Game Data instead.

Now you want to go to PlayStation Store and check your download list for the game. There should be Wipeout HD listed there. Download it. If you have the retail version, you can skip this step.

After downloaded and installed the game, you have to use the activation key again to turn it from Trial version to the game itself. Just go back to your download list and download the Activation Key for Wipeout.

Step 2: Start the game

Now you have to start your game. The game will ask you to install the latest patch. Simply press :circle: to ignore it. The game will force you offline and will randomly keep asking you to repatch. Just ignore it everytime it asks.

Step 3: Doing the glitch

Now that you have the unpatched version of the game, you want to go to Zone mode and choose Anulpha Pass (Forward) as your map. Go through the level normally but make sure to take the upper path. You'll notice an arch with a speed pad below it. You want to spawn right under the arch. To do this, you have to drive past the arch a bit and drive off the path to respawn you backwards. It might take a few tries but once you spawn right under the arch, keep holding left or right. I'd recommend using a rubber band on your analog sticks and forcing it to push right so you can leave the game idle. Using this glitch you will keep respawning under the arch and won't lose any health by hitting it. However, you still gain zones. It will take more than 10 minutes to get to Zone 75. Game will also randomly keep asking you to patch the game while doing this. Simply press :circle: on your controller to ignore it. After reaching Zone 75, you should get the trophy.

Step 4: Patching your game

Now you will most likely want to get the lastest version of the game back. Quit your game and start it again. The game will ask you to patch it like always. This time press :cross: to accept the patch. Now just simply wait for it to patch the game. If you have Fury DLC, you want to go back to the Store and redownload it from your Downloads List. After you have everything done, you should check that all your races and ships are still fine. If not, just get your backed up save. However, I tried this twice and nothing happened to my save.

Now you should have the trophy. It's a cheap way to get it but it works without any cheats or hacks. You don't have to worry about leaderboards either. They won't save scores when you're playing with the unpatched version.

Below is a video showing the glitch.

Thanks to Waveth for the video.

that is so cheap...

y so moralist? Wipeout is still an hard and remarkable plat to have despite the glitch. There r so many negative glitches around, y i shldnt use a positive one?

achieving zone zeus legitimately will provide you with joy, excitement and bragging rights, not to mention the fact it works wonders for your ego !!!

I used this video. It's much cleaner and 720p!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVIRw_xgRhA&feature=related]‪Wipeout HD | Zone Zeus | Trophy Guide | PS3 | 720p‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Maybe you want to add that to the guide. He even talks to help you find the place to spawn :D

Edited by Vyrastas

Please just discuss how the glitch works, don't post to tell people what you think about glitching and whether it's honest or not.

Sorry about that...

can u do this for the the 50 zone one also?

You actually can do that using this glitch. There was a thread started showing this glitch worked. All you need to do is set Airbraker sensitivity to 10%.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/wipeout-hd/117938-airbraker-glitch.html

Hey, thanks for the vid! I'll add it to the guide.

OMG! You're the first one to ever listen to me about their guides... Even when my stuff is great, the OP never looks on the comments :p Thanks man!

If you get Elite Campaign Legend (and Beat Zico), you deserve the platinum even if you use the glitch to get this Zone Zeus trophy. Just saying. Of course my respect goes to all those who did it "legitly".

I was very proud of my ECL... :D

Does this glitch still works?

I have USA Wipoeut HD FURY retail version. I had

-over 1.8 GB wipoeut HD fury data

- 10mb wipeout patch.

I've deleted both but I've left save file.

Then I've install new game and don't install patch.

Then do everything as written. When spawn on speed pad and get boost when I hit the wall I am loosing energy.

Should I delete save file? Am I doing something wrong?

Does this glitch still works?

I have USA Wipoeut HD FURY retail version. I had

-over 1.8 GB wipoeut HD fury data

- 10mb wipeout patch.

I've deleted both but I've left save file.

Then I've install new game and don't install patch.

Then do everything as written. When spawn on speed pad and get boost when I hit the wall I am loosing energy.

Should I delete save file? Am I doing something wrong?

Try not re-spawning on the speed pad but a little further, to do that you would need to fall off the side a second later. For this to work you must constantly respawn in the tunnel, I think the speed pad is just slightly outside.

Edited by TheNukes