PlaystationTrophies.org

PlaystationTrophies.org (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/)
-   Wipeout 2048 (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wipeout-2048/)
-   -   Platinum Difficulty Rating (http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/wipeout-2048/147121-platinum-difficulty-rating.html)

ShadowAFC 02-21-2012 10:30 PM

Platinum Difficulty Rating

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.72

Voting Guidelines
  1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.
  5. Vote with honesty and integrity.

beradical 02-24-2012 03:02 AM

I think if you are a decent racer there are only a few that still might give ya a bit of trouble. The others are just time consuming, in my opinion.

(voted 7)

giant_cookie 02-25-2012 05:51 AM

I'm still waiting for the patch for the Japanese version so I can do the Altima Combat Elite pass, but I would give it a solid 9 because a lot of the trophies require legitimate skill.

Additionally the online component is extremely time consuming and frustrating. As long as they don't make it so users can make their own rooms you are at the mercy of whoever you are playing with.

Theres probably a total of 45 or so races that require you to "finish first" as one of the regular pass conditions, and once those are coupled with "destroy a ship" and "hit 2 specific racers with weapons" it can get almost random.

I probably sunk about 80 hours in the Online by itself to finish but most of the problem was the incredible amount of connection errors and dropped games.

I doubt SOny Liverpool will completely re haul the online interface so I suggest people who want to get the platinum try to get through online before only the crazy good people are left.

Senture 02-26-2012 10:39 AM

I decided to vote 8 on it. Wipeout HD before the Fury DLC was a very hard 9, if not a 10 because of Elite Campaign Legend, Beat Zico and Zone Zeus. The Fury content dropped that to a 9 purely because Syncopia made Zone Zeus a lot easier to achieve.

Many of the trophies in 2048 are much easier to obtain. I have done Elite Completist in 3 days without any major difficulties until the 2050 Season. The Unlucky 7 is not as hard as it sounds, you just need to apply a little logic to maximise your chances of obtaining it. Zone Zeus is much easier than before. If you're trying to Elite Pass all events in the SP Campaign, then the requirement for Sol is 60 for Elite Pass only leaving you with 5 more to get. Beat Zico still looks tricky, but no where near as rage inducing as in Wipeout HD.

The Online Campaign is quite hard to get Elite Pass on in some areas, but it is not a constant. If you get put in a lobby with some average players and do Combat events, chances are if you're half decent you grab the Elite Pass easily. Good thing is you can always come back to it later and the difficulty will be different based on the players.

chubbylv1 03-02-2012 03:04 PM

I will give this a 6 or 7/10. The online campaign was so annoying with its loading time. I got the platinun and this game wont be seeing me again, until DLC is released. It is time consuming and just feels like a drag at the end.

PatricioUSA 03-23-2012 09:34 PM

3/10

Stop giving so many high rates. WipEout HD took me hours of practice to beat Zico or doing Zeus Zone.
This game is a piece of cake compared to WipEout HD.
Took me 2 tries to beat Zico, 2 tries to reach Zone 65 (Pretty much the supposed ¨skilled¨ trophies)

The only trophy that I dont have yet are: Online Campaign (Just because im lazy to do it) and Elite Pass on all A+ Events (they are not hard, as far as you dont crash, you can lead with 4.0s or over from abouth the 3rd/5th lap -> Depends on the track)

Bencence 03-24-2012 03:22 PM

Voted 7 because; although the online campaign is very time-consuming and sometimes difficult due to issues with objectives clashing with event types, there aren't many difficult trophies (apart from beat zico and zone zeus, which didn't turn out to be that hard for me personally). Great game though, single player is brilliant.

olivierolivier 03-25-2012 09:39 PM

3/10 for a good player

it's too easy, i'm disappointed

all the offline trophies are a piece of cake, all of them

the only difficulty is to achieve the online campaign but it's more time consuming than difficult

will the next WIPEOUT have more casual trophies? Is it possible?

olivierolivier 03-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senture (Post 2538859)
I decided to vote 8 on it.

The Online Campaign is quite hard to get Elite Pass on in some areas.

You don't need the elite pass to have the online campaign trophies

Matix 03-26-2012 12:11 PM

I rated a solid 7/10 only because I haven't played Wipeout HD, otherwise it could be a lower rating.

Well overall very good game, most trophies are not that hard with a bit of practice everything is achievable. I had troubles in elite passing some single player events (especially 1-2 time trials/zone modes) on year 2050 but there is anyway so much room for errors that it's really not a big deal to master it after a few tries. I think I needed around 10-15 tries to beat zico and got zone mode on my second attempt in SOL.

MP campaign on the other side has been much more annoying and gladly it's not necessarily needed to elite pass all events. Really hate objects like hit/kill specific player on race events but if you want to progress fast than easiest way would be always to choose combat races and hope for the best.

Wipeout 2048 is easily one of the best psv launch titles (if not the best) in EU imo. Gorgeous graphics, great atmosphere and has an outstanding single player campaign. Controlling (with analog stick) seems to be very sensitive but the more you play the more yo get addicted the more you get into it :cool: If anyone is into racing games and has a vita - this is a must have title, at least I'm having a blast with it.