Magic Orbz DLC: Winter Trophy Guide

TigerLust

Another guide has been chosen as the preferred guide for this game.

This thread has been closed and is not maintained and as a result may contain outdated or incorrect information. Please follow the link below for the preferred guide.

Overview

+ Estimated trophy difficulty: 5.0/10 (A bit harder than the base game, which currently has an avg. rating of 3.85)

+ Offline: 4 (3(S) 1(B))

+ Online: 0

+ Approximate time: 2-3 hours (depends on both your skill, and luck of what power-ups randomly drop)

+ Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

+ Missable trophies: Each level can be selected and redone, so no big deal.

+ Glitched None

+ Cheats: No cheats

Roadmap

First off, yes, you need to own the base game in order to play this Winter DLC. I will assume you followed the excellent trophy guide that exists for the base game and Wicked Witches DLC. If you haven't, this is a good time to do that. This roadmap will just get right down to the Winter DLC.

There are a whopping four trophies in this DLC. I suggest just trying to complete all the levels, going for the "Let it snow" trophy. Then starting a new game on the other levels that have specific trophies when you are done. If you luck out and randomly unlock the level-specific trophies along the way, even better of course.

There you have it, the most comprehensive roadmap ever ~ now even including a third paragraph! :rolleyes:

Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/18.jpg [Winter] Let it snow! (B) Complete the "Winter" episode

As with all episodes so far, there are 24 levels you need to complete. After completing the final level, this unlocks. You can do this in multiple sessions, just select the highest level you unlocked.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/19.jpg [Winter] Penguins in Danger! (S) Help the valiant penguins fight the nasty bears!

On level 4-15, kill the terrifying bears before destroying any penguins. Use power-ups like torpedoes, canons and guns to your advantage by aiming for those vicous polar bears ~ and don't look into their eyes, trust me. This is the easiest of this DLC. If a penguin dies, hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies//71/20.jpg [Winter] Call for Help! (S) Call for help by launching the fireworks! Don't let the witch notice you! Avoid hitting this elderly lady.

On level 4-17, you will notice a witch who decided to be wicked and sneak into the wrong DLC. Break all the fireworks boxes to launch them before you hit the *itch. There are fireworks boxes above her as well, and you need to bust those before hitting her. This trophy will unlock as soon as you set off the fireworks, so don't hit on her until after the trophy unlocks. If you knock her up first, hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/71/21.jpg [Winter] I fly only first class (S) And finally, send that old man in a red cap off on a big air trip

On level 4-24, Santa is standing on top of a ton of boxes and his hat is touching the top of the screen. You need to knock him off the top box with the wind power-up.

• If Santa falls off with anything but wind, this will not unlock.
  • If the stack of boxes Santa is on gets hit and goes down a box, this will not unlock.
  • Avoid the earthquake/hammer power-up at all costs, as this will instantly destroy your chance at this trophy.
  • Also avoid iron ball power-up, or be carefull to aim away from Santas boxes...
  • If Santa's hat is not touching the top of the screen, you need to hit :start: "Restart level" to try again.
  • If you see a little wind/tornado powerup, grab it and wait for the trophy to unlock!
  • The power-ups are random, so you may luck out and get the wind power-up, otherwise just keep re-starting.

Closing Notes

This DLC Guide was written by TigerLust and is only to be used on PS3T.org. If this content is seen anywhere else please contact me. Thank you for reading and I hope you have fun getting your 100%.

Guide complete! Open to suggestions, feedback, comments, etc.

Edited by Terminator

how is the difficulty of Winter DLC compared to the Pirates and Knights levels?

The stages on this Winter DLC are much more challenging than the previous ones, especially the last few stages. Of course, you are familiar with controls and all the power-ups at this stage, but you need some skill. Fun & challenging with some frustration of course. The night powerup will throw you for a loop on this one. If the Base game is a 3 difficulty, this would be a 5 or so. With that said, from the point I unlocked the first trophy "Penguins in Danger!" on 4-15 it took 1hr+20min to complete the remaining three trophies and get 100%.

The stages on this Winter DLC are much more challenging than the previous ones, especially the last few stages. Of course, you are familiar with controls and all the power-ups at this stage, but you need some skill. Fun & challenging with some frustration of course. The night powerup will throw you for a loop on this one. If the Base game is a 3 difficulty, this would be a 5 or so. With that said, from the point I unlocked the first trophy "Penguins in Danger!" on 4-15 it took 1hr+20min to complete the remaining three trophies and get 100%.

Good to know. Thanks!

Your right about the last few stages. There were a real B***h. It took me an hour & half to to fully complete the winter pack with the trophies. Overall, great guide:D TigerLust. The hints about "Call for help" & "I fly only first class" trophies help me a lot. Thanks again:applause:

Your right about the last few stages. There were a real B***h. It took me an hour & half to to fully complete the winter pack with the trophies. Overall, great guide:D TigerLust. The hints about "Call for help" & "I fly only first class" trophies help me a lot. Thanks again:applause:

Congrats on the speed run :) You are most welcome. Thanks for your other post about the Jungle pack, and hopefully I will get that guide up a bit quicker than thise one... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...