Anyone else looking forward to this?

StarlightDoll

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I am not actually loooooking forward to this, but it did grab my attention.

I feel that this game has potential, but if it is not well-executed, if it lacks of content it will just fall into the limbo of "good ideas, great potential, bad games".

I wonder when they'll start to show us more of this game, I'm really curious about it.

I feel that this game has potential, but if it is not well-executed, if it lacks of content it will just fall into the limbo of "good ideas, great potential, bad games".

Well said. Personally I'm afraid that they aren't able to include enough content in order to not to make the game feel dull. IIRC they said that the map is going to be "the size of Europe" and while that technically sounds good, it's definitely a legitimate concern that the game is just going to be a big map with animals and humans in it.

There's hasn't been too much info about the game yet though so I'm excited to hear more, hopefully the developers are able to create a massive world full of things to do and places to explore.

Definitely interested in this game. I've always wanted an MMO game where you can play as an animal. :)

I never heard anything about it being an MMO. I thought it was just an online survival adventure game.

Well said. Personally I'm afraid that they aren't able to include enough content in order to not to make the game feel dull. IIRC they said that the map is going to be "the size of Europe" and while that technically sounds good, it's definitely a legitimate concern that the game is just going to be a big map with animals and humans in it.

There's hasn't been too much info about the game yet though so I'm excited to hear more, hopefully the developers are able to create a massive world full of things to do and places to explore.

I like the idea of exploring massive environments. As for things to do I'm more fine with just trying to explore and having tons of interactive things to do in the world. By interactive I don't mean things to do like quests or other goals. I mean doing something causes certain things in the environment to change or an event to occur. Technically I don't want the game to be like Assassin's Creed where everything is story and mission driven. I want the game to be more of an exploration sandbox game. I mean I won't mind if those things are included. I just prefer the game to not be story and quest driven.

I never heard anything about it being an MMO. I thought it was just an online survival adventure game.

Weird, I was sure that this game is an MMO but now that I checked it out there's nothing about it. I probably confused it with some other game(s), not the first time it'd happen lol.

I like the idea of exploring massive environments. As for things to do I'm more fine with just trying to explore and having tons of interactive things to do in the world. By interactive I don't mean things to do like quests or other goals. I mean doing something causes certain things in the environment to change or an event to occur. Technically I don't want the game to be like Assassin's Creed where everything is story and mission driven. I want the game to be more of an exploration sandbox game. I mean I won't mind if those things are included. I just prefer the game to not be story and quest driven.

Yeah I like that kind of games as well, that's why I can't wait for No Man's Sky, but I'd personally be very cautious if this game's main point was exploring. Considering the size of the map I'd probably get bored of roaming around if there isn't much things to do. That's why I'd prefer that there's everywhere some kinds of small objectives and quests to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine if the game is all about online gameplay without story but different kinds of "hunt a deer" etc. objectives would give me a good reason to explore the map.

Also if there is that kind of objectives, I'm hoping that the game doesn't hold your hand and tell where you need to go.

But yeah, I'd really like to hear more about this game. :)

It was shown at Gamescom I think, but yes s3xNstilettos I'm definitely interested.

The fact you can play as animals, giants etc has made this one of the main PS4 games I'm interested in.

Yep. :) I think I saw the premiere video at E3. Maybe it was Gamescom, but could of sworn E3. Maybe it showed at both. Aside from the fact you can play as whatever, the concept of doing that with other players that can also be whatever they want just makes it even better.

EDIT: Okay, after I went and checked, turns out it was Gamescom I saw it at.

Yeah I like that kind of games as well, that's why I can't wait for No Man's Sky, but I'd personally be very cautious if this game's main point was exploring. Considering the size of the map I'd probably get bored of roaming around if there isn't much things to do. That's why I'd prefer that there's everywhere some kinds of small objectives and quests to do. Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine if the game is all about online gameplay without story but different kinds of "hunt a deer" etc. objectives would give me a good reason to explore the map.

Also if there is that kind of objectives, I'm hoping that the game doesn't hold your hand and tell where you need to go.

But yeah, I'd really like to hear more about this game. :)

I get what you mean. I don't mind if it was similar to Skyrim or Oblivion where quests and objectives do exist, but you are not driven by them, as in the entire world is open to you from the get go and can do what you want in any order. But that's about as close to quest driven as I'm willing to go before it is something I probably won't like.

Edited by StarlightDoll

I get what you mean. I don't mind if it was similar to Skyrim or Oblivion where quests and objectives do exist, but you are not driven by them, as in the entire world is open to you from the get go and can do what you want in any order. But that's about as close to quest driven as I'm willing to go before it is something I probably won't like.

Yeah I'd be perfectly fine with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

When it was first announced my imagination went wild and I was super excited for it...but with the recent trailer and such...I'm not as keen. My own fault for letting my imagination run wild, but honestly I feel this game is going to be a smash hit, or a horrible miss...

I am glad the developers are trying soemthign different though, its nice to see them breaking the formula up somewhat...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Here's some new info :):

So, this will be an infinite world, just like No Man's Sky's concept? Procedurally generated, you can do whatever you want... it has exploration, missions, etc and you do whatever you want.

I am even more interested in this, given it is well-crafted and polished. I suppose this game is not being given the attention it deserves.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm behind. I came across the same video Terminator posted, but I saw it on CobraTV's youtube channel...I thought it was a video for No Man's Sky and it turned out to be WiLD.

Looks very awesome. I added it to my game wish list. Though No Man's Sky might give me enough endless gameplay to last me for a very long time to come.