Filling Quests

karat

When I try to do a quest, I just start a new quest and wait for people to show up. This keeps getting harder and harder to fill a quest as I go up in guild rank. (In particular, I can't seem to get people for Exterminator II.) Now, you can also start quests from the georama, but how can I use that to help fill quests?

Note: This is not a request for boosting partners but more a question about etiquette.

Your levelling up to a new Guild Rank doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the people in the lobby is too.

You are better off finding partners first and attempting the quest. You will rarely find people to play on those new quests because people either have already S ranked them or the quest doesn't offer any significant Guild Points or monster drops.

And Exterminator II is not a quest that I would embark on more than a couple of times.

Your levelling up to a new Guild Rank doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the people in the lobby is too.

You are better off finding partners first and attempting the quest. You will rarely find people to play on those new quests because people either have already S ranked them or the quest doesn't offer any significant Guild Points or monster drops.

And Exterminator II is not a quest that I would embark on more than a couple of times.

Lobby? As far as I know, there is no general lobby for this game. However, I have had someone mention that they saw the quest I started, so maybe there is some way of seeing all the quests that are waiting for people, though I've not found such an option yet.

There *are* rooms, and you can see quests started from that room, but not quests not started from that room, which is unfortunate.

I've tried posting, but people just leave comments in my log instead of entering the room in my hometown that I'm in. Even worse, I have to destroy the room in order to read those logs. Finally, when I got out of a solo quest, I was in a barebones version of a town rather than my own georama where I entered. (Perhaps this was due to geonet failing to connect to load my hometown?)

Next thing I will try is to find someone else's room that might be appropriate, but so far, no rooms I've found in a room search seemed appropriate.

I'm not sure which quests to start if people won't even join Boot Camp II when started from the map.

Is there a way of getting a list of quests that are open (and not just those started in that room)?

Lobby? As far as I know, there is no general lobby for this game. However, I have had someone mention that they saw the quest I started, so maybe there is some way of seeing all the quests that are waiting for people, though I've not found such an option yet.

There *are* rooms, and you can see quests started from that room, but not quests not started from that room, which is unfortunate.

I've tried posting, but people just leave comments in my log instead of entering the room in my hometown that I'm in. Even worse, I have to destroy the room in order to read those logs. Finally, when I got out of a solo quest, I was in a barebones version of a town rather than my own georama where I entered. (Perhaps this was due to geonet failing to connect to load my hometown?)

Next thing I will try is to find someone else's room that might be appropriate, but so far, no rooms I've found in a room search seemed appropriate.

I'm not sure which quests to start if people won't even join Boot Camp II when started from the map.

Is there a way of getting a list of quests that are open (and not just those started in that room)?

Lobby as in online hub/room/hometown. Do I have to explain basic Kindergarten here? I think he gets what I am saying.

And as I mentioned, your best bet would be to find some partners or just create a quest and wait it out. Turn automatching on and pray to God someone joins. A message to all when you are in the hometown like "Care to join my quest" wouldn't hurt either.

Go to hometowns that are an appropriate GR or Level for your character, and ask for help. I help people out all the time. If you ask for the help you should get it. Its often better to go into a town then to try from the forums.

I tried that, and it was much better. The trick was doing a search for "similar GR" and there was another character who also wanted to S rank quests, though we still failed to S rank Exterminator II. (However, I think I know how to beat it now, but it requires people to actually take on roles rather than running around doing what seems best at the time.)