Rate the trophy difficulty...  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.93

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh...Although, we've had some rumors about a few hundred hours to complete this trophy. I'm all for the "even if it's time-consuming if it's easy it should be ranked easy" attitude. However, I'm starting to think that these scales should be ranked by "what percent of people do you think will complete 100% of these trophies". If that is true and it takes a few hundred hours, I'd guess a 9 or 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think someone should redefine what "trophy difficulty" is all about. I think trophy difficulties should reflect the ratio of people who have/will played the game vs. those who plated/will plat it.

I have to agree, this one is very easy to get skill-wise, yet it's said to be very time consuming (between 600-1000h).

Overall, I think we should rate platinium difficulties while considering all those aspects, and not just "what gaming skills are needed to get it".

I'd say someone who's has the perseverance to go through all those hours (same for GTA's Wanted and Warhawk's General for instance), be it easy or not, to get the plat, deserves just as much praises as an ace wipeout driver who plated W-HD in a few hours, if not more.

We should consider time, skills, luck, devotion and such, and not just "skills". I'm pretty sure a very few number of people will get the platinum on this, and seeing the game amongs those 4 or 5 ratings would suck for those devoted players...)

For my part, this is definately worth a 9/10.

man, am I gonna have to agree with bellamonte atleast as WKC as an exception to the rule. this game is RIDICULOUSLY time consuming. as someone who has already put in 70hrs into the game only since wed, its release, this is crazy. i have only 9 of the 24 trophies. and much like an traditional rpgs, its gets harder to lvl up in this game. there are several things to lvl up too. character lvl, guild rank, binding rank, georama rank (this last one has no impact on trophies). example: lvl 5 guild rank(GR) is 100,000, lvl 6 GR is 180,000, lvl 7 GR is 320,000, lvl 8 GR is 900,000 (triple the last lvl!!). i don't even wanna imagine the gap from lvl 11 to 12.

ok throw the time-consuming out the window. the most difficult (not time consuming which is the item crafting one, i hear) is 50 S ranks (thats every online mission). now the difficulty for all quests GR 1-6 are cake walk with 4 ppl. THE SECOND you go to GR 7, it jumps the difficulty curve, u are like wtf!!11!1! you have to have all 4ppl, have a plan, have good items(i'm GR 7 btw). and the curve jumps again with rank 10-12. its crazy. now i've never played WOW, but its like some WOW stuff. lvl cap raid type stuff

so my rating making the exception to the time-consuming factor is 9 (600+ hrs, ppl. cmon!). going with the strict rules and basing it off of the hardest trophy, i will say 6.5 or 7 (for all you purists).

I don't think it's fair to be rating this game yet. Most people haven't gotten to Guild Rank 8 even, and guild rank 10 is where the stuff gets really hard. I'm already struggling with a team of 4 on some of these boss battles in 7, even after fortifying some of my equipment.

Some of these battles are very difficult and even if you grind up a bit, I still don't think that it'll be made easier. So I don't think you can really say it's an easy platinum. Maybe if you have 4 really good players, and great team work it'd be about a 4 or 5, but I think it's about an 6-7 when you get to the higher rank stuff and I can't imagine S ranking all of the Guild Rank 12 quests will be easy even WITH good gear.

I hope a lot of people don't undershoot the difficulty just because they haven't put in the time neccessary to get pwned. I would consider it a fairly difficult platinum. As difficult as my Disgaea 3 and Demon's Souls Platinums? I'll tell you when i get to Guild Rank 10 since the difficulty jumps at 7 and 10 with higher tier loot being available.

Wow, I made it to GR 8 and definitely needs a lot of grinding, will continue to update as I progress, like ppl say prepare to throw away hundreds of hours to get this platinum

I just reached GR8 yesterday as well. I think my next plan of action is to grind closer to level 50 before tackling the GR8 missions, because I think most people are rushing GR8 at too low a level.

This platinum is not very difficult skillwise, but it takes a lot of planning to get there. Writing out a roadmap for obtaining the synthesis items is going to be a huge pain, especially when almost all of the online resources out there are in Japanese and specific item names don't correspond well to the International version.

I just reached GR8 yesterday as well. I think my next plan of action is to grind closer to level 50 before tackling the GR8 missions, because I think most people are rushing GR8 at too low a level.

This platinum is not very difficult skillwise, but it takes a lot of planning to get there. Writing out a roadmap for obtaining the synthesis items is going to be a huge pain, especially when almost all of the online resources out there are in Japanese and specific item names don't correspond well to the International version.

No they're not rushing in at too low a level. You really kinda can't rush in at too low a level if you're helping others with some S ranks and getting S ranks yourself. You will hit the recommended and surpass it most likely.

You say you're going to grind closer to level 50. So then what the hell do you plan to do at GR 11-12 when the quests get even harder and their recommended levels are up to 50 and you can no longer out level the enemies?

Requiring good team work and strategy as well as planning, is what makes a game hard. I'm in GR 8 and a lvl 50 said that we needed more than 2 people for Best Served Cold II. It's not usually a hard mission, but if a lvl 50 is saying that we need a full team.. then... well I'm leveling up in the mission right now... I'll find out in an hour.

Edited by MakaiOokami

Yeah I got this game like the saturday after it came out, ive put in about 42 hours into it, minus the time i was away from my ps3, (which is still a good 40+ hours) and i haven't even beat the single player yet. I'm in the dogma ruins so i figure that's really close to the end. But for some of you who haven't played this game that long yet, let me give you a general idea of the time i think the platinum will take. After my 42 hours, i only have 7 trophies, and yes, they are all bronze. I have a GR of 4. To top that all off, the trophies get more difficult by grade (obviously, ex. 100k guilda for bronze, 1mil for silver, 10mil for gold). So let's just say the difficulty for trophies is twice as hard for every higher grade, that's about 40 hours for all bronze, 80 hours for all silver, and 160 hours for all gold, that's easily 280-300 hours for the platinum, if I had to estimate from what I've played so far.

Yeah I got this game like the saturday after it came out, ive put in about 42 hours into it, minus the time i was away from my ps3, (which is still a good 40+ hours) and i haven't even beat the single player yet. I'm in the dogma ruins so i figure that's really close to the end. But for some of you who haven't played this game that long yet, let me give you a general idea of the time i think the platinum will take. After my 42 hours, i only have 7 trophies, and yes, they are all bronze. I have a GR of 4. To top that all off, the trophies get more difficult by grade (obviously, ex. 100k guilda for bronze, 1mil for silver, 10mil for gold). So let's just say the difficulty for trophies is twice as hard for every higher grade, that's about 40 hours for all bronze, 80 hours for all silver, and 160 hours for all gold, that's easily 280-300 hours for the platinum, if I had to estimate from what I've played so far.

It's said to take 600-1000h to plat...

Once you realise you have to bind 450 DIFFERENT items, you'll soon realise that getting plenty of 1% drop items off of giant ennemies in GR12 quests (extremely hard) is about 10 times as hard as the other trophies...

It's well over 300h...but I guess that makes it a valuable plat :p

Easily one of the most ridiculous and repetitive plats in the world. I got like three trophies then realized, "Holy shit, this is going to not only take forever but be a crazy boring grind as well". So I just said screw it and went and got BioShock 2 instead lol.

I gave it a 9. In order to be a 10 I would have to say getting the plat involves not only a TON of time, but actual difficulty from a skill curve as well which this does not.

No they're not rushing in at too low a level. You really kinda can't rush in at too low a level if you're helping others with some S ranks and getting S ranks yourself. You will hit the recommended and surpass it most likely.

You say you're going to grind closer to level 50. So then what the hell do you plan to do at GR 11-12 when the quests get even harder and their recommended levels are up to 50 and you can no longer out level the enemies?

Requiring good team work and strategy as well as planning, is what makes a game hard. I'm in GR 8 and a lvl 50 said that we needed more than 2 people for Best Served Cold II. It's not usually a hard mission, but if a lvl 50 is saying that we need a full team.. then... well I'm leveling up in the mission right now... I'll find out in an hour.

You make it sound like I'm leveling because I think the game is too hard... certainly it is not. I'm just saying I can contribute more to my GR8/GR9 parties if I am at level 48ish rather than level 40.

I mean if you do a rebirth and reset to level 35, you should probably level up a bit before joining into a 45-50 party doing another round of King of Dragons 2.

Edited by Suiseiseki

I'd give it at least a 9, I've gotten 13 trophies so far, 110 hrs put into it. I've barely scratched the surface of the binding, with only around 70 of the 450 to bind.

Grinding to 10,000,000 isn't a cakewalk either. U do have to pay money for binding, pay money to unlock newer quests, pay for items if u don't want to grind to get them which costs a lot of money for the rare items. And if u do any work on ur georama, that also costs money. A couple of times I've past the 100,000 mark, and the last time 50,000 went to just unlocking the newer quests (GR8). I'm guessing the higher quests costs even more money. Not to mention, if u start to sell all your extra items u don't need anymore, they are pretty much worthless, getting you around 1% or less for the items u collected. Also, any time u enhance ur weapons, u will be paying money too. U will be enhancing ur weapons if u want any chance to beat the bosses on harder levels.

This is easily a 1000+ hrs platinum for the average player, which I plan to get!

Edited by giantsjd

people who are giving this game "1's" as the difficulty rating have no idea what they are doing. I agree with Bellamonte, the time it takes to get the plat is also an important factor in the overall difficulty level of a game. So what if the skill level is not very demanding (although, as iv'e seen while watching friends play this game, later on things to get harder). not many people will have this platinum as the time required to earn it is much more than when compared to platinums in other games.

i'm going to try and complete Star Ocean first before i jump into this game, but i'm very eager to give it a try for myself. Who knows, maybe i'll be able to plat both? :) (/wish)

Edited by Nightfang31

Now thàt I have played the game for a bit it definetly deserves a 9. The biggest problem is that going for one trophy could hurt another which is usually 10mil gilda. I can't even imagine getting the platinum to the game and I doubt many will. I was close to giving it a 10 but I was going to hold off on that

The plat is definitely a 9. This is the most insane grind ever. I'd give it a 10, but skill is less important than time put it. I'd say it takes about 1000 hours to get the platinum, which will become way too boring to even attempt. I consider this to be the 2nd most difficult platinum to attain, with the first being D.J. Hero

I haven't rated it yet since I haven't earned that many trophies, but if time doesn't factor doesn't count, then I would most certainly give this game a 4 or a 5. Why? Because you will get most trophies over the course of time, be it 500 hours or 1000 hours. The S rankings aren't difficult if you continue trying. The synthesis aren't difficult even if the drop percent of a certain item is 1%. Why? Because eventually you will obtain that item (maybe on your 100th try).

Then why is this game not a 1 or a 2 or even a 3? Those ratings are reserved for titles like Hannah Montana where all you need to do is shake the controller and marvel at the curves (?) of Miley Cyrus.

I haven't rated it yet since I haven't earned that many trophies, but if time doesn't factor doesn't count, then I would most certainly give this game a 4 or a 5. Why? Because you will get most trophies over the course of time, be it 500 hours or 1000 hours. The S rankings aren't difficult if you continue trying. The synthesis aren't difficult even if the drop percent of a certain item is 1%. Why? Because eventually you will obtain that item (maybe on your 100th try).

Most trophies, yes...but not all of them. Some people do have trouble getting S-ranks on the later quests and in certain boss fights, though, so there is at least a moderate amount of skill involved in getting some trophies - it's not just a matter of simple repetition.

Most trophies, yes...but not all of them. Some people do have trouble getting S-ranks on the later quests and in certain boss fights, though, so there is at least a moderate amount of skill involved in getting some trophies - it's not just a matter of simple repetition.

Yeah thats why its a 4 or a 5. Its certainly not a 1. They are doable indeed. And above 5 are reserved for racing titles which I most despise for me sucking at it.

Yeah thats why its a 4 or a 5. Its certainly not a 1. They are doable indeed. And above 5 are reserved for racing titles which I most despise for me sucking at it.

I agree, I feel like this game falls in the middle of the scale somewhere. I'm not going to vote until I play through every last version of each online quest, though - just in case there's some insane jump in difficulty with the IIIs.