Offline roadmap

Hi all. This thread is here to give you the best way to get the trophies without being able to use the online. Or with the little time you have left to use the servers to your best advantage. This can be applied to any guild rank although obviously the higher you are will give you the best advantage.

Step 1. Play the game. If you're reading is while the servers are still open then don't bother with the second playthrough the game suggests. The armour is nice to have but in time based conditions maybe just going through and getting the first set of armour would be best to start with and making your own after that would be faster.

Step 2. Get online. Play the quests and raise your guild rank to level 8 as fast as possible. Nothing is really useful till then. See the other threads for the best ways to do this. You also NEED to have played the online at some point to be able to platinum this game solo so getting online as soon as possible.

Step 3. S ranks (with GR and items). You want to get to GR12 as soon as possible but you need to focus on other trophies too. best served cold 2 is best for exp although till GR11 you will struggle to solo this (although I'll give you tips later). But you want to focus on item quests just as equally. Pick bosses that have rare items you need and complete those quests too. You do not need s ranks on these quests although obviously completing each quest once with an s rank is needed story to do that as best you can, but if you struggle with one quest, don't worry.

For s ranks, remember that the blue (bonus) quests are harder than the yellow (standard) to s rank, even if they are the same guild rank.

You won't get all 50 s ranks till you're about GR10, so it should be one of the easier ones to get (so long as you have played the game before the servers went down).

Step 4. Gr10. This is where you need to get the rebirth trophy. (Master all 8 skills). Use sprog cleaning 2 once you've rebirthed to get from level 35 to 50 in about 2 hours. You will also get a substantial amount of money for doing this.

Step 5. Gr12. To get to this work in the same way as you were working towards gr10. Complete quests in conjunction with completing other quests from the FAQ's. This is the best way to get guild rank and as you need items it is probably easier to go for them now rather than after you reach gr12. Only bind what you need as armour.

Step 6. Items/materials. You should have a lot of items now but any that you don't have but need for binding you have to get. Check the checklists to see what you need to get (FAQ again or download the table) and go specifically for those items. As you don't need gr anymore you don't have to complete the quest unless the items you need are only from completing the quests or bosses.

Step 7. Money. Only after doing all of this should you go for money. Try not to bind much before getting this trophy as it's hard enough as it is. To get money you want to complete br3 repetitively. You get about 25000 gilda a time so repeat till you have about 6 million total. After you have this, make a second save to load from for binding and sell all your equipment. You should be over the 10 million mark. If not, re-load the save file that has your equipment and keep going for however much you were off by.

Step 8. Binding. This should be the only set of trophies left now. You need about 4 million gold to complete it so you should have plenty, plus the items you have. If you're missing items, you can buy them if you don't have enough or complete the quests where they are found, or skip the item if you really want to although it is advised you stick to the easy items as the harder ones get expensive fast. The only hard items you should have to bind are those you used previously.

Useful information

If you haven't played online before the 18th of June (2013) you CANNOT get the platinum. There are only 51 starter quests, 2 of which are impossible, meaning you cannot get the 50 s ranks trophy. You must play online at least once to unlock the bonus quests needed for platinum.

Big Red can be soloed at low gr in comparison to the quest (ie best served 2 can be soloed at gr8) for quick GR if needed. However you must have unlocked fates favour (divine) and be using a ranged weapon (elemental Mage or bow). At the start of the boss fight, run right as far as you can and big red will work his way around a pillar. When he does, run backwards and left pretty much back to the start but pressed up against the back "wall" so he can't hit you. From here you can range him. The only attack that will hit you is welter strike which you need fates favour to survive.

Only bind what you need. Binded items are worth a LOT less than the cost for binding and the items needed so you will have to work extra hard to be the money trophy.

Missions can be completed solo despite how hard they seem, but you will need to be a lot higher than the suggested GR to do it. If a mission is suggested gr6 you will need to be at least gr8 to solo it.

Use elemental weapons when you know they will be useful but don't go out of your way to upgrade them at lower ranks.

Mages are supporting classes so unless you have a strong meele class build as we'll I'd advise not using it except to master the skill.

Plan ahead. Make sure you know what weapons you want to bind, make sure you know what your next and final builds are going to be like. Make sure should know what items you need.

The binding posts keep track of your binds for you so don't worry about that. But try to keep track of the equipment you've used.

This platinum is not impossible offline so don't give up if you want it. If you've played online once before you should be okay to solo it. It won't be easy but it will be possible.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post. Thank you so much for all of the consolidated information.

Are there specific boss related quest materials that need to be focused on (i.e. you would be better off trying to get them while the online component is available)?

I'm currently GR7 and working my way along, and will definitely follow the advice you have laid out here.

Thanks again!

The most important thing that should be stressed here is that once the servers are closed and you haven't put the "add-on" GeoNet-required quests to your game, White Knight Chronicles is impossible to complete.

I am skeptical about the very few (or even one) that has in the past claimed they got all the trophies completely solo and offline. Some things they may not be mentioning are: did they utilize Hometowns in any way? The definition of "solo" can differ from person to person.

Entirely solo and offline would not be utilizing things like popular Hometown's abundant material harvest points after each quest. Without doing little things like that, a true offline completion seems even more nearly impossible. Which it actually will be if the add-on quests aren't added to a person's game by server closure date.

Nonetheless, I have no idea why someone would attempt a solo offline completion all this time while servers were up. I'd like to see a legitimate, proven solo completion after GeoNet is shut off completely (taking in consideration game was started prior to server closure date, currently June 18, 2013...if started later, it's not legitimate right there alone).

Edited by rezenoch

Great post. Thank you so much for all of the consolidated information.

Are there specific boss related quest materials that need to be focused on (i.e. you would be better off trying to get them while the online component is available)?

I'm currently GR7 and working my way along, and will definitely follow the advice you have laid out here.

Thanks again!

No problem. For boss material just try to focus on the harder things first if you can. This doesn't matter at gr7 but when you're at gr11 or 12 and the servers are coming to close try to get in a group of 4 and take on the harder bosses so you don't have to later, but alone and rank up to do it. Just look through the list to see what armours you wa t to bind and go for the items needed for that armour. The other items needed for the rest of the binds that are easier shouldn't be so hard to get.

The most important thing that should be stressed here is that once the servers are closed and you haven't put the "add-on" GeoNet-required quests to your game, White Knight Chronicles is impossible to complete.

I am skeptical about the very few (or even one) that has in the past claimed they got all the trophies completely solo and offline. Some things they may not be mentioning are: did they utilize Hometowns in any way? The definition of "solo" can differ from person to person.

Entirely solo and offline would not be utilizing things like popular Hometown's abundant material harvest points after each quest. Without doing little things like that, a true offline completion seems even more nearly impossible. Which it actually will be if the add-on quests aren't added to a person's game by server closure date.

Nonetheless, I have no idea why someone would attempt a solo offline completion all this time while servers were up. I'd like to see a legitimate, proven solo completion after GeoNet is shut off completely (taking in consideration game was started prior to server closure date, currently June 18, 2013...if started later, it's not legitimate right there alone).

Yes the platinum does become impossible if you have not touched the game before June 18th. If you've played the game then every trophy is possible, albeit a lot harder to obtain. Every item can be found in the world somewhere (harder items become a lot easier to find at Gr10 and once you reach gr12 with 50 s ranks you don't have to even complete missions any more if you don't want to, except maybe for items.

Yes the game becomes nearly impossible to platinum solo from the start after the server closure but it is doable. It'll just take some planning, practice and dedication.

regretably i am playing this game late even though i gof it day 1, this post has added some small comfort to me of a possible plat. My concern now is that if WK2 the same? a possible offline plat or harder one to acquire compared to WK1?

also want to make sure, should I beat the game (story)? I just started up and curious if I need to beat the game first before being able to do online quests and whatnot or if at a certain point in the story all that geonet stuff becomes available.

regretably i am playing this game late even though i gof it day 1, this post has added some small comfort to me of a possible plat. My concern now is that if WK2 the same? a possible offline plat or harder one to acquire compared to WK1?

No idea. Ask in the wkc2 forum. I haven't played the game.

also want to make sure, should I beat the game (story)? I just started up and curious if I need to beat the game first before being able to do online quests and whatnot or if at a certain point in the story all that geonet stuff becomes available.

You can start whenever you want I believe, but you'll struggle at level 1, and have no money or items to be able to get any higher.

You can skip the second playthrough because you end up making the items you get during it anyway but I wouldn't skip the first.

If you haven't played online before the 18th of June (2013) you CANNOT get the platinum. There are only 51 starter quests, 2 of which are impossible, meaning you cannot get the 50 s ranks trophy. You must play online at least once to unlock the bonus quests needed for platinum.

Hi,

I haven't played the game yet, but I still want to be able to platinum it when I'll finally be able to play it. So, I must go online at least once to get the extra quests.

If I do this with one account on my PS3, will all the other accounts also be able to access the extra quests even if they've never been online?

Thanks

Hi,

I haven't played the game yet, but I still want to be able to platinum it when I'll finally be able to play it. So, I must go online at least once to get the extra quests.

If I do this with one account on my PS3, will all the other accounts also be able to access the extra quests even if they've never been online?

Thanks

I believe no, as it's already available by the patch, but only unlocked by your character accessing the GEOnet so i think you have to go online with every character you wish to get the platinum with.

I made a "lite" version.

1. Beat story.

(2-4 tie into each other.)

2. Raise GR to 12.

3. Get S ranks on harder missions.

4. Get rare items from hard bosses.

5. Kill monsters. Bind shit. Fuck school.

6. Good luck on your plat.

Thanks for ... shrinking. Although the first short sentence of each bullet point is basically the same as this.

I know you're trying to help others, but I'd like to offer my thoughts too :)

Step 1. Play the game. If you're reading is while the servers are still open then don't bother with the second playthrough the game suggests. The armour is nice to have but in time based conditions maybe just going through and getting the first set of armour would be best to start with and making your own after that would be faster.

I disagree, the 2nd playthrough offers some great armour and weapons that are gained far more quickly from collecting them rather than farming mats to bind them :)

Step 3. S ranks (with GR and items). You want to get to GR12 as soon as possible but you need to focus on other trophies too. best served cold 2 is best for exp although till GR11 you will struggle to solo this (although I'll give you tips later). But you want to focus on item quests just as equally. Pick bosses that have rare items you need and complete those quests too. You do not need s ranks on these quests although obviously completing each quest once with an s rank is needed story to do that as best you can, but if you struggle with one quest, don't worry.

I'd prioritise them in this order

Mats>GR>S Ranks

Why? Because whilst going for the mats you'll obtain the needed S ranks easily (I rushed for them at first, but now easily have over 70 from solo farming).

Plus it breaks up the monotomy of BSC (seriously, you're going to be running it hundreds of times regardless) adding to that, you'll be in a much better position with better equipment to do the next set of quests (Big Red has a small pool of items that were virtually useless for most)

I'd rather be GR8 and whooping Big Red (and most other quests) with +10 equipment, than being GR9 and still struggling on it with +1 or +2 equipment :)

Step 4. Gr10. This is where you need to get the rebirth trophy. (Master all 8 skills). Use sprog cleaning 2 once you've rebirthed to get from level 35 to 50 in about 2 hours. You will also get a substantial amount of money for doing this.

Definitely agree with this, however if you choose to do it earlier (Max stats earlier) Use Sprog Cleaning 1 till about level 42, then switch to Home Of The Knave 2 (Much better XP per kill), though this way will take much longer.

Step 5. Gr12. To get to this work in the same way as you were working towards gr10. Complete quests in conjunction with completing other quests from the FAQ's. This is the best way to get guild rank and as you need items it is probably easier to go for them now rather than after you reach gr12. Only bind what you need as armour.

From this point you should drop BR2 for the first part and rotate the GR10 quests, high GR reward and better mats to make new equipment. When you have the GR10 created and +5, then switch back to Big Red (Though I personally preferred doing Brave Littons Plight 3, the GR gain worked out about the same time wise)

Useful information

This part has not been confirmed yet, I'm not sure if you noticed but all the weekly rotating quests have been permanently unlocked. There's nothing stopping Sony sending the unlock code? for the missions even after the servers have closed, so for now its unlikely you'll be able to get plat, but not confirmed.

Big Red can be soloed at low gr in comparison to the quest (ie best served 2 can be soloed at gr8) for quick GR if needed. However you must have unlocked fates favour (divine) and be using a ranged weapon (elemental Mage or bow). At the start of the boss fight, run right as far as you can and big red will work his way around a pillar. When he does, run backwards and left pretty much back to the start but pressed up against the back "wall" so he can't hit you. From here you can range him. The only attack that will hit you is welter strike which you need fates favour to survive.

Not necessarily, Big Red is pretty slow, and as such can be solo'd by most classes at GR8 (This is why I recommend getting better equipment before GR)

Missions can be completed solo despite how hard they seem, but you will need to be a lot higher than the suggested GR to do it. If a mission is suggested gr6 you will need to be at least gr8 to solo it.

I've found just having one equipment grade higher and at least +5 usually makes the previous grades missions pretty easy (+10 makes it stupidly easy) There is also an exception to this, Lost Children, that can usually be solo'd as soon as the mission is available

Edited by Dark_Overlord

Just to check Dark, you realise that this is both for the rush till the servers go down, and for those attempting this after it does, right?

I'd still prioritise GR first. At GR12 you only need GR10 and below items for the binding trophy. You do not need to even get any GR12 armour if you don't want to. I know you prioritise materials first, but i don't. I've realised that at GR11 now, i can solo GR10 quests fairly easily and don't need to complete the quests all the time to get materials. For binds, about 80% of them are low level items and maybe 2% are above GR10, which you will probably be getting anyway because of armour upgrades and the like.

I think once i've got 10 million, the binding trophy will actually be pretty easy. Okay some item drop rates are stupidly low but it won't be that hard to do.

Just to check Dark, you realise that this is both for the rush till the servers go down, and for those attempting this after it does, right?

I'd still prioritise GR first. At GR12 you only need GR10 and below items for the binding trophy. You do not need to even get any GR12 armour if you don't want to. I know you prioritise materials first, but i don't. I've realised that at GR11 now, i can solo GR10 quests fairly easily and don't need to complete the quests all the time to get materials. For binds, about 80% of them are low level items and maybe 2% are above GR10, which you will probably be getting anyway because of armour upgrades and the like.

I think once i've got 10 million, the binding trophy will actually be pretty easy. Okay some item drop rates are stupidly low but it won't be that hard to do.

Yes I do realise :) I'm just pointing out that I believe mats are more important

Lets say for example you run BSC2 till you hit GR11, how do you expect to solo BSC3 with GR8 or GR9 equipment? even with GR10 +10 equipment its not easy

That's why I recommend the mats over GR :) It'll be far faster in the long run (you'll get mats and GR as opposed to just GR, which means far more runs just to get mats)

I think you prove my point when you say you can solo any GR10 quest with your GR11 armour :p

I'm not taking a dig, just pointing out its quicker to upgrade 1st :)

Yes I do realise :) I'm just pointing out that I believe mats are more important

Lets say for example you run BSC2 till you hit GR11, how do you expect to solo BSC3 with GR8 or GR9 equipment? even with GR10 +10 equipment its not easy

That's why I recommend the mats over GR :) It'll be far faster in the long run (you'll get mats and GR as opposed to just GR, which means far more runs just to get mats)

I think you prove my point when you say you can solo any GR10 quest with your GR11 armour :p

I'm not taking a dig, just pointing out its quicker to upgrade 1st :)

Well of course you shouldn't completely ignore upgrades, but upgrade as you go along. I don't say "solely grind BR and nothing else" anywhere. People should work out that you grind gr then once you level up you get items you need at the very minimum. Probably better to go for items as you go along but it depends on you really. How you want to get items. As I've said I don't really fancy getting many more items now I'm gr 11. Maybe a few gr11/12 weapons and armour but other than that I'm not going to make anything special. Just what I need for binding. I could go on and try to reach gr15 but there's no point really.

I believe no, as it's already available by the patch, but only unlocked by your character accessing the GEOnet so i think you have to go online with every character you wish to get the platinum with.

Thank you

(too short)

To get the dlc quests you will have to log into Geonet at least once, which won't be possible after June 18th. So actually, priority should be: S-ranks > Gr > Mats.

After getting the trophy for S-ranks, it'll be Mats > GR.

And if people have WKC2, and want to plat that too, then the order would be something like: S-rank (wkc1) > Gr26/Madoras/100S-ranks WKC2 > finish up both games.

To get the dlc quests you will have to log into Geonet at least once, which won't be possible after June 18th. So actually, priority should be: S-ranks > Gr > Mats.

After getting the trophy for S-ranks, it'll be Mats > GR.

And if people have WKC2, and want to plat that too, then the order would be something like: S-rank (wkc1) > Gr26/Madoras/100S-ranks WKC2 > finish up both games.

S-Ranks genuinely aren't important, by the time you're GR 12, you can pretty much solo (and S rank) any GR10 or below quest :)

To be honest, after you've unlocked all the quests in your log, the difference in difficulty between gathering materials and achieving S ranks becomes literally equivocal. It all boils down to WHAT YOU WANT TO END UP DOING after the server shuts down.

What I would prioritize, however, is building up a powerhouse avatar (Shortsword or Spear; don't bother with anything else) that will stand any ambush. But, before that, obviously, you will have to raise your GR high enough (which I doubt you will), and you should know that with each GR, your previous gear becomes outdated. So, in the end, everything comes around full circle, and while doing one thing (getting S ranks), you're probably doing something else alongside (gathering materials).

Long story short, know this. If you're starting the game NOW, you are fucked. I can plat WKC1 and WKC2 solo (with the bonus quests, of course), but I wouldn't do it even if somebody paid me.

Long story short, know this. If you're starting the game NOW, you are fucked. I can plat WKC1 and WKC2 solo (with the bonus quests, of course), but I wouldn't do it even if somebody paid me.

Sorry, completely disagree. Its took me about a month to get the plat (Just gotta be arsed to finish the binds with the mats I have), and that's without playing everyday. If you're willing to put the hours in, it is easily possible within the last month :)

Sorry, completely disagree. Its took me about a month to get the plat (Just gotta be arsed to finish the binds with the mats I have), and that's without playing everyday. If you're willing to put the hours in, it is easily possible within the last month :)

Sorry, I meant fucked in a more allegorical sense. Either way, I wouldn't call investing a minimum of ten hours a day an easy task.

I kinda agree with sunnygrg in the sense that not everyone has the ability to be playing every single day or even want to. Some might just want to do the game at a leisurely pace and not rush, I guess.

But what I agree with Dark Overlord on is the "over statement" that he is implying. I can definitely see the difficulty and time consumption, believe me, but I think "is going to be impossibly difficult" and "is possible but it's going to take 1000 hours or more!" is an over statement. It's like people are trying to scare others away from the game or something.

I like the idea of mats being the priority over GR cause you'll just get GR along the way of your still online with people, but once your solo or even starting the whole platinum solo then I can see GR bring a higher priority because you'll likely need to be a higher GR then recommended in the first place to even effectively get the mats from higher tiers.

I dunno, just my opinion from what I've seen so far, almost GR10 on wkc1 so far, will probably be on wkc2 in a weekish.

Edited by Lyrikk

What I was trying to say: Good Luck getting 50 S-ranks, when the original version only has 51 quests. You will not be able to get the dlc quests since geonet will not be accessible.

I've noticed people say its impossible due to TYL2 and 3 being impossible solo, but I have solo'd TYL2 with S rank (Got VERY lucky with the hammers and gold lumps), so its def possible without the extra quests but far harder.

Edited by Dark_Overlord

I've noticed people say its impossible due to TYL2 and 3 being impossible solo, but I have solo'd TYL2 with S rank (Got VERY lucky with the hammers and gold lumps), so its def possible without the extra quests but far harder.

Yeah I heard the same thing, that is you don't get the blue quests your SOL on WKC1 cause of the 2 quests being impossible. Seems like that one you did so with an S Rank is extremely reliant on luck which I know I'd never want to be stuck with.. But it isn't "impossible" then maybe that will be enough for some crazy person out there Lmao.