WKC Servers Offline as of June 18, 2013

why an RPG even needed online trophies to begin with puzzled me... RPG's are meant to be played by yourself... I bought this game a long time ago and barely played it until i moved on to another game... if it was a really good RPG I would've been bummed out by this news even though I knew this was going to happen sooner or later but seeing as how it's not even that great of a game compared to star ocean international or ni no kuni.. I could care less

Edited by thelostkin

Better hurry! At least they gave warning.

i think it's impossible to plat it now for those who haven't even played this yet... say you play an average of 6-7 hours everyday until june 18th assuming you have no other obligations.. it still wouldn't be enough time to plat it.... 500-1000 hours to plat

i think it's impossible to plat it now for those who haven't even played this yet... say you play an average of 6-7 hours everyday until june 18th assuming you have no other obligations.. it still wouldn't be enough time to plat it.... 500-1000 hours to plat

I think you're entirely mistaken. It is possible to get the Platinum in this game while playing offline.

It just takes much longer. And online trophies are trophies you can't get offline. You can get every trophy in WKC1 and 2 offline.

Also, if you go only for the plat (which it seems like since you don't like the game), you can get it in around 250h. Maybe even faster. So yes, it's definitely possible in 3 months.

Edited by Shidasan

I think you're entirely mistaken. It is possible to get the Platinum in this game while playing offline.

It just takes much longer. And online trophies are trophies you can't get offline. You can get every trophy in WKC1 and 2 offline.

Also, if you go only for the plat (which it seems like since you don't like the game), you can get it in around 250h. Maybe even faster. So yes, it's definitely possible in 3 months.

Hello Shidasan,

A lot of people said to me that is not possible to plat this game offline because some trophies like :

- Perfectionist's Badge Trophy in White Knight Chronicles - PSNProfiles.com

- Gold Medal Trophy in White Knight Chronicles - PSNProfiles.com

are impossible (too much difficult) to earn by playing alone. You win the Rank S by doing quest very quickly no ?

Maybe i'm wrong but that's what some people said to me ;)

Hello Shidasan,

A lot of people said to me that is not possible to plat this game offline because some trophies like :

- Perfectionist's Badge Trophy in White Knight Chronicles - PSNProfiles.com

- Gold Medal Trophy in White Knight Chronicles - PSNProfiles.com

are impossible (too much difficult) to earn by playing alone. You win the Rank S by doing quest very quickly no ?

Maybe i'm wrong but that's what some people said to me ;)

You can also earn S rank by doing the subquest for quest that have them.

You can also earn S rank by doing the subquest for quest that have them.

Ok so you tell me that you can plat this game alone ? I only finished the game one time. I'm on the NG+ part (collect others weapons). I didn't do any quest so i don't know how it works.

Ok so you tell me that you can plat this game alone ? I only finished the game one time. I'm on the NG+ part (collect others weapons). I didn't do any quest so i don't know how it works.

Yes, I can and so can you. You will need to update the game to patch 1.02 though so that you can have access to some of the additional quests. Earning the 50 S ranks trophy with only the quests available pre-patch is impossible. If I am not mistaken, there were only 51 of them available at launch, and Take Your Lumps III is impossible to S rank solo, and so is TYL2, though I am not sure on the latter. So, that makes 49 quests that you will be able to S rank without the patch.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

why an RPG even needed online trophies to begin with puzzled me... RPG's are meant to be played by yourself... I bought this game a long time ago and barely played it until i moved on to another game... if it was a really good RPG I would've been bummed out by this news even though I knew this was going to happen sooner or later but seeing as how it's not even that great of a game compared to star ocean international or ni no kuni.. I could care less

You can still platinum the game by yourself, but it would just be more boring than it already is. Level-5 tried making it into an MMO style JRPG, but pretty much failed. And now with the servers going down, it's like why did they ever bother making this game. It can't be because of the story mode because the story is very bland and plain.

I did not realize these could be done offline. Does this mean I will need to build my own city? I completed both playthroughs of the single player campaign awhile back and did a few quests online with people but got bored. Thinking about putting this game at the front of my list now.

I'm unsure if it's really needed to built your own town (I hope it's not needed) to get all the materials needed for binding.

The other problem would be get S rank in 50 quests, but from what I understood, if we have been online we end up having the double of the quests that were available originally (that's around 100 quests in the end, right?), if that's true then there shouldn't be much of a problem to get those trophies.

Still I want to try to knock as much of this down as possible soon... this really came in a bad time for me, since I have been delaying this forever and now I'm with other 5 long boost trophies to get (SSF4, MK9, BBCS, DoA5 and MGS: PW), but I think I will give this one a good try and do the other 5 when I have time, since I have boosting partners for 3 of those 5..

Just want to make sure both WKCs can be platted offline, no matter how hard, long or boring. I got the YLOD on my previous PS3 when I had started this game so I have a lovely 1% on my list which is annoying.

Since i lost all my data I planned on not getting back into it later, but this is getting shut down much sooner than I expected. Luckily I have atleast 1 friend online who likes this game a lot and has the plat.

If online is almost necessary to plat than I'm gonna have to rush to try and plat this.

So, like many others,I'm released it's possible offline... However, I'd like to know what trophies are the best to get out the way as priority... S ranks I would imagine, anything else particularly difficult?

You "could" get the plat offline for this, but the amount of time it would take would jump CONSIDERABLY.

So for those that are still going to try ( I quit when I ylod'd on WKC 2 before i got ps+, lost my gr20 or so, and EVERYTHING.)

I'd focus on two things

GR grinding first, the higher the better.

Gearing yourself out second.

GR grinding would be the longest thing,along with the binding, but if you're a high enough GR, grinding hard to find mats = much simpler.

Thanks for the advice, so I'll work on it in these steps I suppose:

1) Finish my second run through of the single player campaign

2) Build up my GR levels to access the different missions

3) S Rank 50 missions

4) Grind out the tougher challenges to get the harder materials

Sound like a good plan?

well. looks like i bought a new game for no reason. ive never really played a game like this before, and i was completely intrested in taking my time and learning how to play it. heck, right now ive been lost at the beginning for days, if that tells you how bad I am right now... but considering the fact that im completely positive that i will need some multiplayer help.... i dont think im even gonna go for it. seeing that they have decided to shut down the servers soon has just completely turned me away from this game npw. i feel cheated completely :(

Edited by DMDHWG

Yes you can platinum this game completely offline, but I would highly recommend against attempting it. It is a colossal waste of time to attempt it solo.

Here is video proof of some guy from gamefaqs who did it. Based on his quest rankings and completion times, I would say the video is legit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYCpiO_eeno]white knight chronicles platinum solo - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Suiseiseki