Trophy hunter at GR 8: Should I stop??

Okay, so I started playing WK back in September and got to GR 7 and beat NG+. Ive started up again during the outage and grinded BR till GR 8. I found out last week that WK 2 is coming August to the states and that everything will be “easier” to acquire in WK 2, at least the 8-12 ranks and materials. Now in the grand scheme of things, it would seem logical to just wait for WK 2 and put the time into my character there but that path will only acquire me the WK 2 platinum. Not to mention after WK 2 comes out, Geonet on WK will probably be close to deserted so I wont even have a party to do tier 2 and 3 quests with. My dilemma is that as any trophy hunter knows, its a little aggravating to just leave a list like that high and dry. I’m looking for thoughts, should I leave WK 2 collecting dust on my shelf while I finish WK 1 or should I just dedicate the time to WK 2? If I try to platinum WK 1 I still have about 250-300 hours ahead of me. I have most of the silvers currently (3000 monsters, rank 8, 1,000,000 g) etc.

Especially if you like the game you should keep going (which at your pace seems like a no) and you can definitely get everything done before august (unless at your pace again)

But now would be the right time to decide, gr9-10 is a thick line that discerns dedication for the plat

Especially if you like the game you should keep going (which at your pace seems like a no) and you can definitely get everything done before august (unless at your pace again)

But now would be the right time to decide, gr9-10 is a thick line that discerns dedication for the plat

^exactly. Gr9 took a huge blow on me, i got to gr11 within 2 days, doing ms3 around 110 times (while getting mats for gr10 gear ofc) and gr11 to 12 works faster again because of br3. It's really up to you if you can keep it up.

The progress you're making on your character in WKC will help you in WKC2. While WKC2 comes with a remixed version of WKC, I've heard that they tweaked some of the missions... like adjusting Best Served Cold so that it doesn't give up GR points so easily. That said, I hear that drops that are rare in WKC are less rare in WKC2.

I take all this to mean that you should focus on getting to GR 12 and getting decent gear, and if you don't have all your binds done then you can probably do that when WKC2 drops.

Anyone who knows better, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

WKC already has multiple stackable versions unfortunately (JP, US/EU) and then WKC2 will be the same deal most likely. Is it known or not if the version of WKC1 that comes with WKC2 will be the same list as normal WKC1, or yet another WKC1 list?

If it's the same as WKC1, then I would say wait and continue on that version.

Still confused at what route to go as well, if any.

EDIT: It looks like all work done in WKC2 will only affect WKC2 trophy list (even if the first game's world is technically within it). So WKC1 trophy list must be done with WKC1 disc as normal.

Hope to see you guys online.

Edited by zeociko

Yea I think you guys are getting a bit confused. Just the story line of WKC 1 has to be completed before the story of #2. If you pick up WKC2 and have never ever played the game (White Knight that is), then you have to complete the main story line of WKC 1 THEN do the whole story of WKC 2; both are on the same disc. It is not two trophy lists or two separate games though so if you want the platinum of the first one you have to play the first one only.

Yea I think you guys are getting a bit confused. Just the story line of WKC 1 has to be completed before the story of #2. If you pick up WKC2 and have never ever played the game (White Knight that is), then you have to complete the main story line of WKC 1 THEN do the whole story of WKC 2; both are on the same disc. It is not two trophy lists or two separate games though so if you want the platinum of the first one you have to play the first one only.

You are only partially correct. In the EU and the NA versions of the game, you are not forced to play through WKC to continue through WKC2 even though you haven't played the former. That "feature" was removed from the international versions of the game, as was confirmed in the EU blog.